Kas' K-1 Journey

Old Feb 1st 2015, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

K_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kas' K-1 Journey

Hello everyone, this is my first post on here... I feel like I've gotten to 'know' the regulars on BE just from spending so much time at work with BE open in a mini-window

So, in short, we've gone down the K-1 route and so far my USC fiance(e) / treacle tart has received NOA2 and knows our petition has been received at the NVC...

Apparently, (as I'm a London Lad) you can be given/told your LND case number over the phone!?

My two questions are:

1. Can you use this LND/Case Number to open a provisional file at the London Embassy?

2. (A random one) I have ordered and received one long form UK birth cert...should I order another one, specifically, will I need a long form UK birth cert to prove my birthplace during any processing state-side.

Thanks, in advance, for your replies and I look forward to the customary banter for stupid questions I love it!

Kas

In case you would enjoy a brief history, here goes:

1991: Born in Westminster, London.

1991-2015: Lived in London went to Enfield Grammar School.

2010-2013: (University) BSc(Hons) Computing and Information Systems.

2013-Present: IT Graduate Scheme at a City insurance firm.

Aug 2015: Move to Portland, OR
Old Feb 1st 2015, 9:56 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Kas' K-1 Journey

Hi and welcome to BE!

1. No.
2. No.

The only thing you can do with the LND number is book your medical exam (if you already have your ACRO certificate in hand). But you don't want to do that so soon anyway, because the visa will only be valid for 6 months from the date of the medical.

Rene
Old Feb 1st 2015, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

K_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond reputeK_London has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! That helps.

Ok so am I correct in assuming there is a difference between this 'LND' number and a Case Number?

From what I have read, you wont get an Embassy Interview until you have submitted your Notice of Readiness (or something akin to that name) and done your medical?

My ACRO certificate came back with "No Trace" - which is good lol.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 10:19 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K_London

Ok so am I correct in assuming there is a difference between this 'LND' number and a Case Number?
No.

From what I have read, you wont get an Embassy Interview until you have submitted your Notice of Readiness (or something akin to that name) and done your medical?
And your DS-160.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Cheers!
Old Feb 1st 2015, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Oh and one last question...how soon can you apply for your SSN?
Old Feb 1st 2015, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

As in how soon after you arrive on a K-1
Old Feb 1st 2015, 10:38 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

As in how soon after you arrive on a K-1
You should wait at least 10 days to make sure your details are in the system.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... how soon can you apply for your SSN?
You can apply the day you arrive in the US with your K-1 visa if you really want to... but since it takes about 10 days to get your name into the SAVE system, we generally advise people to wait at least that long. You will want to apply before the 76th day after entering, because SSA will not issue a number within 14 days of the visa's expiry date. If you don't apply within those first 76 days, you'll have to wait until you have an EAD to apply. The EAD application is part of the paperwork to adjust your status once married, and takes between 60-90 days to arrive once the adjustment paperwork is submitted.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2015, 2:29 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You can apply the day you arrive in the US with your K-1 visa if you really want to... but since it takes about 10 days to get your name into the SAVE system, we generally advise people to wait at least that long. You will want to apply before the 76th day after entering, because SSA will not issue a number within 14 days of the visa's expiry date. If you don't apply within those first 76 days, you'll have to wait until you have an EAD to apply. The EAD application is part of the paperwork to adjust your status once married, and takes between 60-90 days to arrive once the adjustment paperwork is submitted.
This
Old Feb 1st 2015, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

I vaguely recall always needing yet one more copy of my birth certificate for something or other. Always a good thing have on hand.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys and gals!
Old Feb 4th 2015, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Hey guys! So good news, Chris (OH) called me at what must have been 2:30am is (Portland Time) to tell me we have an LND case number!! Whooopie!

So I guess now, he this thinks I need to fill out form DS-160, but my school of thought was the embassy is supposed to get in contact when the NVC forward over the case to London...

My question is: Should I wait until the London Embassy make contact with me? Or, should I submit DS-160 now?

Cheers!

Kas
Old Feb 4th 2015, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Just noticed the awful typing in that previous post, apologies lol. I'm at work so I have to type quickly haha.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Should I wait until the London Embassy make contact with me?
It could take 4-6 weeks for the case file to make it across the pond, so - yes. Until London gets your case file, they don't know you actually exist so there will be no file to match your DS-160.

I'm at work so I have to type quickly haha.
You can edit your own posts up to 2 hours afterwards!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.