k3ers with the rfe...

Old Mar 19th 2004, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: k3ers with the rfe...

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Sure, she parroted back the official party line that they are supposed/commanded to list/say. Still does not make it real.

Let me say it again, the service center itself does not come up with the projected processing time. Instead someone at USCIS HQ "tells" them what they have to say.
Very interesting... and good to know. I knew (from your posts) that the initial estimates were guesses... but didn't realize that the dates proposed for RFEs are the same as well. Any idea why it is done that way (as opposed to letting the service center decide what their current times look like? Seems like the service center would be the best judge of that.)
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:20 pm
Spahi

Amol,
90 to 150 days to process RFE......Damn that is totally sucking... I
am wondering like Neerluck whether I should just run to India for 3 or
4 weeks and do a DCF filing.
Spahi

Old Mar 20th 2004, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Spahi
Amol,
90 to 150 days to process RFE......Damn that is totally sucking... I
am wondering like Neerluck whether I should just run to India for 3 or
4 weeks and do a DCF filing.
Spahi
Shantanu,

I've thought about that too... but I'm still not clear on what the deal is with that (in terms of cancelling the one here). Folinskya's reply in Neerluck's thread is interesting. Need to talk to the embassy and see what they have to say. If you guys find anything, do post it here.

Amol
Old Mar 21st 2004, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

neerluck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by amol_k3
Shantanu,

I've thought about that too... but I'm still not clear on what the deal is with that (in terms of cancelling the one here). Folinskya's reply in Neerluck's thread is interesting. Need to talk to the embassy and see what they have to say. If you guys find anything, do post it here.

Amol

I sent an email to the New Delhi embassy. Let see how they respond about doing a DCF and having a K3 in progress.
If anyone else sends an email and gets a response, please post the results.

On the other hand, Maybe Missouri will speed up processing for RFE's again and it would not be worth doing a DCF.
If only I could contact Missouri and find out why they are delaying the RFE's so much and what they are going to do in the future.

There has to be a way to for us to contact them. Anybody know ?
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by neerluck
I sent an email to the New Delhi embassy. Let see how they respond about doing a DCF and having a K3 in progress.
If anyone else sends an email and gets a response, please post the results.

On the other hand, Maybe Missouri will speed up processing for RFE's again and it would not be worth doing a DCF.
If only I could contact Missouri and find out why they are delaying the RFE's so much and what they are going to do in the future.

There has to be a way to for us to contact them. Anybody know ?
I don't know... but if it was me, I'd have my congressman look into it... maybe if they can find out the status of a case when we can't, they can also find out what's up with the delay in RFE processing.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 1:44 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Buendia
I don't know... but if it was me, I'd have my congressman look into it... maybe if they can find out the status of a case when we can't, they can also find out what's up with the delay in RFE processing.
No DCF in Moscow. So I wrote a letter to my Congressman. I will certainly let everybody know what the outcome is.