Wikiposts

k3ers with the rfe...

Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:47 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: k3ers with the rfe...

Originally posted by amol_k3
slicknurnse, you're not going to like hearing this, but as reddy888 posted, they're now saying 90 to 150 days AFTER they've received the additional evidence.

Amol
90 to 150 days at MSC after evidence was received?....I can't believe that. Sounds to me like they are fishing for additional time to get their work done. But it is still illogical to me/us why this is hitting people with an RFE the most. From research of earlier posts people with an RFE just had been set back for a couple of weeks, now its months. That's why this FRE issue came into focus on this news group.
We had been sitting here and watch couples get approved who were way behind our first NOA. It came to a boiling point for us. Wishing everyone well, but feeling left out in the whole process.
Guess there must have been people who thought we were just repeatedly whining about the same ole issue, but it must be a trend at MSC that has been experienced by more posters recently.
Of course it is nerv wrecking to have to deal with uncooperative consulates and security checks. But it is very depressing to have not even that first step in the whole process achieved>>>>NOA2.

We left MSC hell recently after a long wait (220 days plus). We know what you feel and hope that RFEs will be treated in a timely manner again.
Good luck to everyone!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:52 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SidAngelika
90 to 150 days at MSC after evidence was received?....I can't believe that. Sounds to me like they are fishing for additional time to get their work done. But it is still illogical to me/us why this is hitting people with an RFE the most. From research of earlier posts people with an RFE just had been set back for a couple of weeks, now its months. That's why this FRE issue came into focus on this news group.
We had been sitting here and watch couples get approved who were way behind our first NOA. It came to a boiling point for us. Wishing everyone well, but feeling left out in the whole process.
Guess there must have been people who thought we were just repeatedly whining about the same ole issue, but it must be a trend at MSC that has been experienced by more posters recently.
Of course it is nerv wrecking to have to deal with uncooperative consulates and security checks. But it is very depressing to have not even that first step in the whole process achieved>>>>NOA2.

We left MSC hell recently after a long wait (220 days plus). We know what you feel and hope that RFEs will be treated in a timely manner again.
Good luck to everyone!
Look at my last post on this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=218131
Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:25 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kud
Look at my last post on this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=218131
I read your statistics and there sure is a trend.
And I hope that the opinion of some posters may change:
RFE is not always something that could have been avoided. Call yourself lucky when it does NOT hit you. Amen.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:00 am
Spahi

Neerluck, I had suspected that you had gotten married in India.. I got
an RFE for my marriage certificate and birth certificate(it was a
duplicate), so I send a US passport instead...Do not know what is
going on?

Old Mar 19th 2004, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

neerluck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Spahi
Neerluck, I had suspected that you had gotten married in India.. I got
an RFE for my marriage certificate and birth certificate(it was a
duplicate), so I send a US passport instead...Do not know what is
going on?

My question is why have they stopped processing the RFE's and why does it take it 3-5 months to process a RFE ? I believe it would be faster just cancel the original application and then submit your k3 application from again. Atleast you will get your NOA1 in 60-90 days.

I was thinking of about doing a DCF in New Delhi. You can get your visa in 3-4 months.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by neerluck
I was thinking of about doing a DCF in New Delhi. You can get your visa in 3-4 months.
Much better actually. You'll get your greencard with DCF in 3-4 months. No worrying about EAD, or AOS or any of that other stuff.

Amol
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:54 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by neerluck
1- They said I was missing the G325a for my wife. But I sent it in the package and I have proof that I sent it because I made photocopies of everything I mailed.
Hmm, same thing reported by Tmushen. Perhaps his attorney was telling him the truth after all.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:58 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Buendia
Uh oh.
Is this for every country or just the US? Our marriage cert says clearly at the top "Marriage Certificate issued in pursuance of the Registration of Marriages Acts" and was issued by the registrar of marriages here in Ireland. Can't imagine there'd be a different certificate; I have a call into our local Registrar of Civil Marriages office.

This would be a good thing to add to the FAQ (filing tips) - to make sure from wherever you were married that you have an absolutely official (not just official looking) marriage certificate.
No idea about your particular certificate, however in Cal (at least in SF) they issue a free "souvenir" copy of a marriage certificate. It's blue ink on while paper, with the state seal in the background (like a large water mark or decoration on the paper). As far as being acceptable to the USCIS, it's not worth the paper it is printed on, and instead one needs to order (pay the fee to order it) and supply a certified copy of the marriage record.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 10:03 am
Banned

slicknurnse, you're not going to like hearing this, but as reddy888 posted, they're now saying 90 to 150 days AFTER they've received the additional evidence.

Amol
Don't put any stock into that wild guess projected processing time. Its meaningless (just like the projected processing times listed on a receipt notice), and they are forced to give that wild guess whether or not it is based in reality for any given service center at any given time.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 10:11 am
Banned

Originally posted by SidAngelika
RFE is not always something that could have been avoided.
Correct, a case can be put together perfectly, and they still might screw up. But of course, there are also some RFEs triggered by DIY'ers making beginner mistakes.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Correct, a case can be put together perfectly, and they still might screw up. But of course, there are also some RFEs triggered by DIY'ers making beginner mistakes.
Silly question maybe.... but what is DIY..?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 10:19 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Silly question maybe.... but what is DIY..?
Do It Yourselfer
Old Mar 19th 2004, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kud
Do It Yourselfer
Ok thanks......
Old Mar 19th 2004, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Don't put any stock into that wild guess projected processing time. Its meaningless (just like the projected processing times listed on a receipt notice), and they are forced to give that wild guess whether or not it is based in reality for any given service center at any given time.
The numbers are what the congressional liason at NBC told my congressional aide. Are those the same wild guesses that they display on the website/receipts? It atleast seems to be true though that they never beat their "wild" guess... So if they're saying 90-150 days, as wild as that may be, I'm guessing there's no way they're going to do it in less than 90 days. And as I've learned from the earlier 60-90 days, there's nothing to say that they'll get it done before 150 days.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 11:13 am
Banned

The numbers are what the congressional liason at NBC told my congressional aide.
Sure, she parroted back the official party line that they are supposed/commanded to list/say. Still does not make it real.

Let me say it again, the service center itself does not come up with the projected processing time. Instead someone at USCIS HQ "tells" them what they have to say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.