Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K3 Visa: What can I expect at the JFK POE?

K3 Visa: What can I expect at the JFK POE?

Old Apr 28th 2003, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

jaycent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 Visa: What can I expect at the JFK POE?

I am travelling in a few days on my K-3 Visa. I was given a Brown Envelope at my K-3 Interview, along with the results of the chest X-ray from my medical I was told by the Officer at the consulate(Kingston) that I must present both envelopes at the POE. My question is, what Can I expect at the POE? How long does the process normally take?

Thanks.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

dcrenea is on a distinguished road
Default good luck jaycent!!!

maybe that kamya website may have some experiences, i am not sure

i'm excited to see u're on your way to see your wife soon!!
thanks again for all help; my fiance did his medical today!

good luck with everything!
Old Apr 28th 2003, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point

hi!

my husband came through the same POE with a K3 visa. He said it took about an hour, and most of it is waiting time. They justy look at your papers, ask a few questions about where you're going to live, and do special registration, if necessary. That's it!

Ayisha
Old Apr 28th 2003, 10:49 pm
Jerry-44

Jerry-44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K3 Visa: What can I expect at the JFK POE?

Originally posted by jaycent
I am travelling in a few days on my K-3 Visa. I was given a Brown Envelope at my K-3 Interview, along with the results of the chest X-ray from my medical I was told by the Officer at the consulate(Kingston) that I must present both envelopes at the POE. My question is, what Can I expect at the POE? How long does the process normally take?

Thanks.
Hi,

I eneter on K-3 as well, my POE was Buffalo, I was driving a car, at the POE gave my brown envelope to officer, he checked my ID and than send me to Immigration officer. After about 15minutes waiting , my name was called went inside , one officer had my papers and passport, said Welcome in to USA and issed I-94 (white card) which would be attached to your passport) . Than was pay $6 some fee and than I was free to go. It took about I would say 5 minutes with immigration officer. All together with waiting 30 minutes,They did not ask me any question . I don't know if that would be in your case since you sound travelling by plane. I think you shouldn't worry at all, mmight takes a little longer depends how many people they will have at that time.
All the best to you.
Jerry-44