Wikiposts

K3- visa Canada

Old Dec 22nd 2002, 5:04 am
Jerry-44

Jerry-44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K3- visa Canada

Hi.
I can add another thing about this Montreal thing.
My husband's K-3 was approved on Nov. 22. I called Montreal 8 days
ago and
someone on the phone told me that it takes 6-8 weeks for Missouri to
send them the goods. Not very good news, is it?
Have you ever been to the Montreal consulate?? I have. I was there in
Nov.
while visiting my husband. That place is a madhouse!!!
I'm already thinking that I can forget about seeing my husband again
until
February probably.
Lotjet [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hi,Thanks for your commenets,, I feel your frustration,please think positive , you will see your husband,it easy to say but we all have to wait..I missed my wife and we calling each other everyday.. nobody sayid it will be easy. Keep in mind that INS has probbably thousands cases, and Christmas holiday delay so many things..also all things going after 9/11 doesn't help..I was in Montreal but not in Montreal Cosulate, did not have any busisness there before..Can you fly to Canada or perhaps he can come see you.. I wish, I can be more helpfull..
Jerry
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 6:16 am
Jerry-44

Dec.23/02, 1:20 PM Received package from Montreal Consulate,, now have to completed and send it back.. :-)) at least it is moving..have to wait after Christmas but was worth it LOL :-)
Does anyone knows if doctor supply DS 2053 form?
Does Anyone in Toronto know where to obtain Police certificate?
In the package I received DS 230 form which is K-3 application and DS - 156 which is a little confusing because it seems to me that application is fortemporary visa to visit US.
Would appreciate some information if anyone knows ,,
Thanks
Merry Christmas and thanks for all your support.
Jerry
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jerry-44
Dec.23/02, 1:20 PM Received package from Montreal Consulate,, now have to completed and send it back.. :-)) at least it is moving..have to wait after Christmas but was worth it LOL :-)
Does anyone knows if doctor supply DS 2053 form?
Does Anyone in Toronto know where to obtain Police certificate?
In the package I received DS 230 form which is K-3 application and DS - 156 which is a little confusing because it seems to me that application is fortemporary visa to visit US.
Would appreciate some information if anyone knows ,,
Thanks
Merry Christmas and thanks for all your support.
Jerry
Jerry:

That's good news. Yes, you need to fill both the DS230 and DS156 forms.

We haven't got anything yet. Actually, when I called, the consulate told me they have not received our case. I guess ours will not come this year (it was approved on Dec. 02)... so will continue to wait.

ccqiu
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 11:56 pm
Jerry-44

That's good news. Yes, you need to fill both the DS230 and DS156 forms.

We haven't got anything yet. Actually, when I called, the consulate told me they have not received our case. I guess ours will not come this year (it was approved on Dec. 02)... so will continue to wait.

ccqiu [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hi,, You will get very soon,I think just after Christmas,regarding DS 156, there is a question like How long I would stay in US? I am applying for pernament resident so that question is irrelevant, Do you know what should I put in? I am wonder if I can bring my all stuff with me, I have a house ect,, will sell it but would love to bring furniture ect.. Anyway,, Ia m on my way to NC to see my wife for Christmas,so will talking to you soon and will prayfor you that you will get yours done as soon as possible.. Merry Christmas and happy New Years,,
Jerry
Old Dec 24th 2002, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hi,, You will get very soon,I think just after Christmas,regarding DS 156, there is a question like How long I would stay in US? I am applying for pernament resident so that question is irrelevant, Do you know what should I put in? I am wonder if I can bring my all stuff with me, I have a house ect,, will sell it but would love to bring furniture ect.. Anyway,, Ia m on my way to NC to see my wife for Christmas,so will talking to you soon and will prayfor you that you will get yours done as soon as possible.. Merry Christmas and happy New Years,,
Jerry [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Although K3 is a non-immigrant, I think this question is asking about your intention. So I would put "permanently (intend to apply for PR in US)" In fact, it's a requirment for K3 that the applicant intend to apply PR.
Old Dec 24th 2002, 5:16 am
bba1vol

Default Re: K3- visa Canada

thanks
so i can expect a letter from the nvc too

Old Jan 6th 2003, 9:57 am
Jerry-44

I am back from US , had A good Christmas with my wife, now gathering all documentation for K-3, already send to for Police Certification and try to make appointment for medical, after few days calling did not have any response from designated doctors , finally after today which is Monday Jan.6 , made appointment for jan.8.. According to receptionist will cost me $185 plus if need anything else and resluts will be done the same day. At least that part will be done,, still waiting for my police certification..
Jerry-44
Old Jan 7th 2003, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Jerry-44
I am back from US , had A good Christmas with my wife, now gathering all documentation for K-3, already send to for Police Certification and try to make appointment for medical, after few days calling did not have any response from designated doctors , finally after today which is Monday Jan.6 , made appointment for jan.8.. According to receptionist will cost me $185 plus if need anything else and resluts will be done the same day. At least that part will be done,, still waiting for my police certification..
Jerry-44
Jerry:

Good to know you had a great holiday and I was just back from Canada and we had a good time as well.

In you packet 3, do they ask for three years of tax records, w-2s and employment letter and/or bank statements? Thanks.

ccqiu
Old Jan 7th 2003, 8:38 am
Jerry-44

Originally posted by ccqiu
Jerry:

Good to know you had a great holiday and I was just back from Canada and we had a good time as well.

In you packet 3, do they ask for three years of tax records, w-2s and employment letter and/or bank statements? Thanks.

ccqiu
Hi,
I am glad you had a good holiday, Yes, packet 3 contain application I-134 we complete and attached letter from her employment plus statements from bank as well and original contract from my wife employer,,Also they asked for some tax records it did not say if they need it for the past three years just latest.. Since we have been together and she lived in Canada for almost two years and we having join account in US and Canada ..I think thta would be more than sufficient.. Also I am awn my house, which would be going for sell I hope very soon.. TomorrowI am going for medical exam and still waiting for my Police certification..Than will send it all doc to Consulate in Montreal.. It seems to me all going very slow, even calling the doctor took me almost three days to having response.. Well,have to be patient and hopefully will join my wife soon..
Jerry