Wikiposts

K3- visa Canada

Old Dec 18th 2002, 4:19 pm
Jerry-44

Jerry-44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3- visa Canada

Found this site by search information about K3 and whole process with INS.. :-)) We have been married for almost two years and than decided to make move to my wife country which is US. Found this site very helpfull and looking forward to share my experience and frustration as well LOL ...

Send I130 August 2/02
Received notice on August 9/02
Send I -129F Petition for spouse by end of August
Received notice date on September 10,2002
Approved on December 3/02 received notice as well.
I guess next step is to received a package # 3 from consulate.. Is anyone know if Toronto US Consulat issue a K-3 visa ?
Anyone knows timeline with consulat either Toronto or Montreal?
.. Thanx
Jerry

Last edited by Jerry-44; Dec 18th 2002 at 4:22 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2002, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K3- visa Canada

Originally posted by Jerry-44
Found this site by search information about K3 and whole process with INS.. :-)) We have been married for almost two years and than decided to make move to my wife country which is US. Found this site very helpfull and looking forward to share my experience and frustration as well LOL ...

Send I130 August 2/02
Received notice on August 9/02
Send I -129F Petition for spouse by end of August
Received notice date on September 10,2002
Approved on December 3/02 received notice as well.
I guess next step is to received a package # 3 from consulate.. Is anyone know if Toronto US Consulat issue a K-3 visa ?
Anyone knows timeline with consulat either Toronto or Montreal?
.. Thanx
Jerry
Jerry:

You will go through Montreal, NOT toronto. Geoffs was approved earlier and they already got their visa. Our timelines are pretty much the same as yours (approved on 12/02 and still waiting from Montreal). You can call Montreal to get the status about your K3 application and please keep in touch about progress.
Old Dec 19th 2002, 10:18 am
Jerry-44

Default Re: K-3 visa

Thanks for your information, appreciated,,for few weeks did not hear anything , and was really hard to get any information form INS or even consulat..As of today , my wife received notice that all information was sent to Montreal Consulat and I should received from them some package with information about next step.. I think that would be after holidays anyway.. at least that was a good news..
Thanks again and I hope everyone will have a nice save holiday.. Merry Christmas everyone and think positive.
Thank you again.
Jerry
Old Dec 19th 2002, 4:28 pm
Jerry-44

Can I send my AOS form I-485,and work authorization before received K-3?
I-130 was alredy done and I -129F approved as well, just got notice from INS that was sent to Montreal Consulat..
If anyone knows if I can apply before visa, please let me know..:-))
Thanks..
Jerry
Old Dec 20th 2002, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Can I send my AOS form I-485,and work authorization before received K-3?
I-130 was alredy done and I -129F approved as well, just got notice from INS that was sent to Montreal Consulat..
If anyone knows if I can apply before visa, please let me know..:-))
Thanks..
Jerry
If you are in the US already, you probably can file I-485 especially if your I-130 is already approved. You can't do AOS outside the US.
Old Dec 20th 2002, 8:55 am
Jerry-44

Thank you for your input,, Iam still outside US..
Jerry
Old Dec 20th 2002, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your input,, Iam still outside US..
Jerry
I guess K3 is probably the fastest route for you now.

Unfortunately, it seems that Montreal just decided to put a hold on K3 processing (I know Geoff just got their K3 from Montreal, but anyone else is seeing progress there?)

Have you called Montreal? I contacted them and got nothing about my case although NVC claimed to have sent to them 10 days ago.
Old Dec 20th 2002, 12:04 pm
Jerry-44

I did call them few days ago, but got nothing,, they asked me for last name and told me that they did not received anything yet. On Dec.19 my wife received notice from NVC that they send it to Montreal.. Since that I did not call them at all.. I think because of Christmas everything is postpone,,hopefully after New Years we will hear something from them.. My wife called Montreal as well and was on hold for 45 minutes,, I called around 4:00 PM , and talk to with some one but they don't have my file yet.. Well, nothing what we can do,, just have to wait,,I know it is hard especially at this time a year but we don't have any choice..Does your husband live in Toronto?
Jerry
Old Dec 20th 2002, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

I did call them few days ago, but got nothing,, they asked me for last name and told me that they did not received anything yet. On Dec.19 my wife received notice from NVC that they send it to Montreal.. Since that I did not call them at all.. I think because of Christmas everything is postpone,,hopefully after New Years we will hear something from them.. My wife called Montreal as well and was on hold for 45 minutes,, I called around 4:00 PM , and talk to with some one but they don't have my file yet.. Well, nothing what we can do,, just have to wait,,I know it is hard especially at this time a year but we don't have any choice..Does your husband live in Toronto?
Jerry
Well, Jerry, my wife (not husband) is in Toronto (but, I guess it does not matter, we both want to be with our spouse You (or rather your wife) can probably contact the Senator/congressman to ask about the day in MTL.

K3 is supposed to be a fast alternative to I-130. I was hoping that my wife would get the application package this week. But for some reason, there seems to be a missing link somewhere. I am a bit disappointed with the way things are going now. I know it definitely does NOT take so long to send an email from NVC to MTL (not meant to add worry to you or anyone).

I am going to contact my Senator. Hope you can do the same so that at least we should show them that we DO care.
Old Dec 20th 2002, 2:45 pm
bba1vol

how long did it take to get package 3 we had our petition approved last
friday and my husband is also from canada
we filed the k-3

Old Dec 20th 2002, 2:46 pm
bba1vol

what is the number of the montreal office where you can call and check
on your information
to see if they have received
it
thanks

bb

Old Dec 20th 2002, 7:02 pm
Jerry-44

To ccqiu... Yes.. I want to be with my wife as soon as possible we were apart already since September, eventhough I was visit her twice but I can not drive 900 miles every weekend or fly.. Ia m sorry I mixed up between you and your wife. Yes,, I was under impression that K3 will speed up and get family together asasp,, that was purpose of the implementetion of K3.. I will wait two more weeks after holidays and than will asked my wife to contact congresman .. I know it is hard for everyone but this time year everything slow down.. Seems to me we both almost applied for K3 the same time..We will survive,, I know immigration never was easy for anyone especially between wife & husband but we will survive.. :-)) Wish you all the best and hopfuly soon we will be laugh and just memory of K3 LOL... I know whole process isn't finnished yet with INS..
Let me know if you have any progress,, I will poste if there would be any movement from Montreal..
Jerry
Old Dec 20th 2002, 7:11 pm
Jerry-44

Originally posted by bba1vol
on your information
it
thanks

bb
The number is : 514 - 398 - 9695 ext.3833 try call beween 2:00 PM and 4:30 that is the time theywill answer anyquestion about visa.
If you call at 2:00PM you will be holding at least for 45 mintues,, try around 3:30 to 4:30 PM , I got lucky and got someone in few minutes. Actually I try to find out if they received fron NVC but they will asked for your last name , they don't care about any other case number..
I did not received K3 package yet, so I don't know how long will it take for consulat to process. My I-129F was approved on Dec.3rd still got nothing ..on Dec.19 my wife received note from NVC that they sent it to Montreal.. How long it will takes,, nobody knows.. LOL hopefully not long..
jerry
Old Dec 21st 2002, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bba1vol
on your information
it
thanks

bb
bb:

You probably want to call NVC first to see if they have received anything from INS. The number is 603 334-0700. It's usually busy,but keep trying and the people there are quite friendly based on my experience. You can give them your INS case number and they will tell you if they have forwarded it the consulate. After they tell you it has been forwarded to the consulate, you can start contacting MTL or Vancouver depending one where your spouse is.

Have a happy holiday (well, at least keep the hope high that the true holiday will come soon
Old Dec 21st 2002, 10:50 am
Linda

Jerry-44 wrote in message news:...
    > To ccqiu... Yes.. I want to be with my wife as soon as possible we were
    > apart already since September, eventhough I was visit her twice but I
    > can not drive 900 miles every weekend or fly.. Ia m sorry I mixed up
    > between you and your wife. Yes,, I was under impression that K3 will
    > speed up and get family together asasp,, that was purpose of the
    > implementetion of K3.. I will wait two more weeks after holidays and
    > than will asked my wife to contact congresman .. I know it is hard
    > for everyone but this time year everything slow down.. Seems to me we
    > both almost applied for K3 the same time..We will survive,, I know
    > immigration never was easy for anyone especially between wife &
    > husband but we will survive.. :-)) Wish you all the best and hopfuly
    > soon we will be laugh and just memory of K3 LOL... I know whole
    > process isn't finnished yet with INS..
    > Let me know if you have any progress,, I will poste if there would
    > be any movement from Montreal..
    > Jerry

Hi.
I can add another thing about this Montreal thing.
My husband's K-3 was approved on Nov. 22. I called Montreal 8 days
ago and
someone on the phone told me that it takes 6-8 weeks for Missouri to
send them the goods. Not very good news, is it?
Have you ever been to the Montreal consulate?? I have. I was there in
Nov.
while visiting my husband. That place is a madhouse!!!
I'm already thinking that I can forget about seeing my husband again
until
February probably.
Lotjet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.