K3 time line

Old Jan 8th 2004, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

alex_lg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 time line

Hi,

I thought some of you may be interested.

Here is our K3 time line.

10/24/2003 1st NOA
1/7/2004 2nd NOA (on line)

Now, I have a question for all K3 experts. I heard when the case is xferred to NVC, a new case no. (not the MSC no.) will be assigned. How will I find out this new case no. on line before the snail mail arrives? Currently when I type in the MSC no., all it says is our I-129F is approved but it doesn't say what the NVC no. will be.

Thank you.

Alex
Old Jan 8th 2004, 2:43 am

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K3 time line

You have to call NVC to get that new number. But give it about 7-10 days before you call them.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 2:50 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Alex,

Of course the CIS web site case status won't give you the NVC number - the NVC is Department of State, not Department of Homeland Security.

CHill - by the time you get the letter from the NVC, they will most likely already have sent the file on to the consulate. The file won't stay at the NVC long enough for you to worry about it. Unless your fiancee is from China, Russia, or certain middle-east countries.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by alex_lg
Hi,

... I heard when the case is xferred to NVC, a new case no. (not the MSC no.) will be assigned. How will I find out this new case no. on line before the snail mail arrives? Currently when I type in the MSC no., all it says is our I-129F is approved but it doesn't say what the NVC no. will be.

Thank you.

Alex
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

alex_lg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the feedback! We are just trying to get the medical done before packet 3 arrives. Since the consulate belongs to DOS, I assume we need to get the medical done with the NVC no., not the MSC no.

By the way, anyone happens to have the NVC tel no. handy? Does a live human answer the phone promptly or they make you wait for hrs like the CIS no.? THX

Rgds,
Alex
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

grioghair is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way, anyone happens to have the NVC tel no. handy? Does a live human answer the phone promptly or they make you wait for hrs like the CIS no.? THX

Rgds,
Alex
(603) 334-0700

The National Visa Center (NVC) receives thousands of telephone and written inquiries from applicants, congressional offices, US embassies and consulates, INS offices, and the White House. An automated recorded message can answer many of these inquiries 24 hours a day, seven days a week 603-334-0700. Information on the status of a case can only be accessed by entering your NVC case number or INS receipt number on a touch-tone telephone. NVC only has information on petitions it has received. If the automated service does not recognize the INS file or receipt numbers you enter, it is likely that the NVC has not yet received your petition.

Steve

Last edited by grioghair; Jan 8th 2004 at 3:22 am.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:30 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Alex,

So go ahead and have the medical done before the Packet #3 arrives. All you need is to know the approved physicians and have the proper forms, which the approved physicians will usually have on hand anyway.

Be aware that the consulate may assign it's own number, different from the NVC number.

Regards, JEff

Thank you all for the feedback! We are just trying to get the medical done before packet 3 arrives. Since the consulate belongs to DOS, I assume we need to get the medical done with the NVC no., not the MSC no.

Rgds,
Alex
Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:33 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by grioghair
(603) 334-0700

The National Visa Center (NVC) receives thousands of telephone and written inquiries from applicants, congressional offices, US embassies and consulates, INS offices, and the White House. An automated recorded message can answer many of these inquiries 24 hours a day, seven days a week 603-334-0700. Information on the status of a case can only be accessed by entering your NVC case number or INS receipt number on a touch-tone telephone. NVC only has information on petitions it has received. If the automated service does not recognize the INS file or receipt numbers you enter, it is likely that the NVC has not yet received your petition.

Steve

NVC does have real people to talk to and if you are a K person that's the only way you will get any information. It may take several tries to get through but conventional wisdom is that they are pleasant and easy to deal with.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

10/24/2003 1st NOA

Now, I have a question for all K3 experts. I heard when the case is xferred to NVC, a new case no. (not the MSC no.) will be assigned. How will I find out this new case no. on line before the snail mail arrives? Currently when I type in the MSC no., all it says is our I-129F is approved but it doesn't say what the NVC no. will be.

Thank you.

Alex
ALEX:

CONGRATULATIONS........ GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST OF THE PROCESS........!!!

2Pat
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:17 am
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

Waheyyyy! Congratulations Alex on your petition approval!!!

Nov 7 (our NOA 1) is only 14 days beyond Oct 24. Hmmm, I like the sounds of this!

Hi,

10/24/2003 1st NOA

Thank you.

Alex