K3 question

Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough
Default K3 question

Once my husband and stepson are here on their K3/K4 visa's, will they have to go back to the UK to have another interview, when the I-130 is approved?
We're going through Vermont, so this could be a close call.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 1:27 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3 question

Originally posted by gemmacat
Once my husband and stepson are here on their K3/K4 visa's, will they have to go back to the UK to have another interview, when the I-130 is approved?
If your I-130 is at Vermont.. I would do AOS within the United States.. Some people choose to do this procedure abroad because of the backlogs on the service centers processing their I-130. So no they don't have to go back for an interview.. unless they want to
Old Jul 1st 2004, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
If your I-130 is at Vermont.. I would do AOS within the United States.. Some people choose to do this procedure abroad because of the backlogs on the service centers processing their I-130. So no they don't have to go back for an interview.. unless they want to
Thanks.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 4:25 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
You are very welcome Mrs Cat
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

wei lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K3 question/ HELP!

I am sorry, I'm not actually replying to your question gemmacat. I am new in this forum and have a question myself. However, I couldn't find where to send a mail to the forum, except replying to a previous mail.

Well, let me try to make it short. Here's the problem. I'm writing on behalf of a friend. She just got married to a U.S citizen, they filed in all their documents, had the first interview for a work permit and SSN, which she got.
She was suupposed to wait to be called up for another interview; she waited about four months but no show. Then she got a job offer in South Africa, applied for a travel document and departed for S.A.
Two days after she left the United States (that's barely two weeks ago), her husband received the letter asking them to show up for the interview on July 7th.
That is a very big problem for her, if you understand. She travelled for two days to get to her destination, and payed ALOT of money for her ticket. Also, she just started a new job. It is pretty difficult to explain at a new jobside that you just travelled thousand miles across the ocean, and have to go on holidays after a week of work.

My question. Is it possible to reschedule the appointment? I heard that re-scheduling in for another 4 or 5 years. Does anyone have any ideas or advice to that? I'll greatly appreciate some answer.
Will they now be suspects on arranged marriages?

Thank you all so much for this great contribution, and for keeping the forum alive!

Cheers.