Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K3 processing date passed our recvd date

K3 processing date passed our recvd date

Old Jan 9th 2004, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

mattm1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 processing date passed our recvd date

We sent our K3 application in and was informed it'd been recieved October 7th 2003. However we still haven't heard anything despite the uscis webiste saying they are now procesing Oct 17th applications. Obvioulsy this is worrying me wife and I as we have been apart for long enough already. Has anybody been in a simular situation and if so why is this happening and how long before it was resolved? On the internet and phones the message hasn't changed and we haven't been able to get through to any one on the 1-800 number to talk to yet.

Thankyou for any help anyone can give.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K3 processing date passed our recvd date

Originally posted by mattm1980
We sent our K3 application in and was informed it'd been recieved October 7th 2003. However we still haven't heard anything despite the uscis webiste saying they are now procesing Oct 17th applications. Obvioulsy this is worrying me wife and I as we have been apart for long enough already. Has anybody been in a simular situation and if so why is this happening and how long before it was resolved? On the internet and phones the message hasn't changed and we haven't been able to get through to any one on the 1-800 number to talk to yet.

Hi:

You state that MSC has now reached your processing date and THEIR statements indicate you are being processed as we write. Congratulations.

BTW, what are you worried about? You don't say.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:02 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

If you or your spouse have not been arrested before, and/or if neither of you have common names (IBIS wrinkle), than congratulations. Your case is likely now with an officer.

By the way, you use the "notice" date, not the received date when using the service center reports.

Good luck.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
If you or your spouse have not been arrested before, and/or if neither of you have common names (IBIS wrinkle), than congratulations. Your case is likely now with an officer.

By the way, you use the "notice" date, not the received date when using the service center reports.

Good luck.
Thank you for you help. I guess I am confused on the terms - Our 1st NOA is October 7th, 2003. Currently the USCIS reports state they are processing files received October 17th, 2003. Therefore ours should have been processed but when we type in our case number and/or phone the hotline nothing has changed on the status of our case. Is this normal for the information not to be updated on the web/phone message?

I have also checked on the mediabrew website, and people who have a 1st NOA after ours have received their 2nd NOA, but we haven't heard anything.

Neither myself or my wife have been arrested before so we know that isn't a problem. Is there anyway to find out if there is another problem with our case?

Thanks in Advance,
Matt
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:48 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for you help. I guess I am confused on the terms - Our 1st NOA is October 7th, 2003. Currently the USCIS reports state they are processing files received October 17th, 2003. Therefore ours should have been processed but when we type in our case number and/or phone the hotline nothing has changed on the status of our case. Is this normal for the information not to be updated on the web/phone message?

I have also checked on the mediabrew website, and people who have a 1st NOA after ours have received their 2nd NOA, but we haven't heard anything.

Neither myself or my wife have been arrested before so we know that isn't a problem. Is there anyway to find out if there is another problem with our case?

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

Hi Matt

The status won't change until you get the approval (Aka NOA2),
I got my NOA2 before people with NOA1'S on September.. Why? I don't know. You should get your approval anytime soon, so try not to worry
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

matt,

You are mis-understanding something. The CIS says that it is processing files received on or before 17 October. The CIS does not say that it has finished processing all files received on or before 17 October.

Your file has been given to someone for processing. Your case status will not change until the processing has been completed.

Regards, JEff

Thanks in Advance,
Matt
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:55 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for you help. I guess I am confused on the terms - Our 1st NOA is October 7th, 2003. Currently the USCIS reports state they are processing files received October 17th, 2003. Therefore ours should have been processed
No, and I see now where you are getting confused.

The reports reflect the notice date of the last case taken off of the shelf and given to an officer. It does “not� reflect that date of the last case that was “approved�. The reports do not reflect approval dates.

Once the case is given to the officer, the officer has up to 60 additional days to approve the case before it’s considered as “overdue�. I was told about the 60 days directly from the Director of the NBC on my last visit to the NBC, and yes, this is different than the other service centers in that the other centers consider a case overdue after the officer has had it for 30 days.

Don’t assume that just because some else’s case, with a similar notice date has been approved that your case must also be approved at the same time. It does not work that way.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help from everybody. I am just concerned and confused because so many people who sent their k3 documents in after I did, a few weeks in some cases according to the mediabrew website, have recieved their noa2 and are now getting interview dates and such whilst I'm stuck waiting still. This seems a little unfair as ulitimately they will get their k3 done a month or more quicker than me! (I am happy for those how got it don't get me wrong). I don't mean to moan it's just been a long time away from my home and family and it seems like everything is going extra slowly for me!!
Thanks for the help and advice.