my wife is going for her k3 interview soon and i am a bit nervous
about the photo album because we don't have pictures of the fire or us
walking in the "feras" or circles. can anyone who had a k3 interview
(recent, old, doesn't matter, but recent is better) just give some
insight on what exactly they're looking for? if you can just tell me
what they asked you specifically regarding the photo album i would
really appreciate it. i will be there standing outside and we have
enough pics to be fine....but you know how it is...as it gets closer,
you start thinking more and more...thanks...

Hero,
You did this part of the ceremony though?
Here is what they are looking for:
According to the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 for Arya samaj marriages the moment of solemnization of the marriage comes with the circling of fire and 7 steps. So they want to see THAT.

Why don't you have a pic of that moment. Perhaps someone at temple may have taken one. i saw this happen for one of my friends.

If you cannot locate one be prepared to say why. I would try to get the priests statement that this was done. Also family friends statements saying they witnessed it.

Excerpt for the Hindu Marriage Act...............
IUnder the provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act (Section 7 specifically) a Hindu marriage may be solemnized according to the customary rites and ceremonies of either of the parties. Only where the rites and ceremonies include 'sapthpadi', i.e., the taking of seven steps, such marriage becomes complete and binding when the seventh step is taken. Customary rites and ceremonies mean religious rites traditionally performed by the caste or community to which the party to the marriage belongs. It should be shown that such custom has been followed definitely from ancient times and the members of the caste, community or sub-caste had recognized such ceremonies as obligatory. If it is proved that 'sapthapadi gaman', is not a part of the ceremony of marriage followed by the caste, community or sub-caste to which the party to the marriage belongs, it need not be performed. Otherwise 'sapthapadi' remains an essential ceremony in a Hindu marriage. Where 'sapthapadi' and invocation before the fire is observed, in the absence of customary ceremonies, which are neither ancient and definite nor obligatory and unalterable, such marriage would still be valid.

Proof of marriage: Once it is proved that the marriage had taken place, it is presumed that the essential ceremonies for the solemnization of such marriage have been followed. Only where there is a dispute that the marriage had actually taken place, would it be necessary to plead and prove that the essential ceremonies constituting the marriage have been performed. Rites and ceremonies consistently followed for more than 25 years within a particular community , uniformly observed and not discontinued at any point of time would be said to be the customary rites and ceremonies for the solemnization of a valid legal marriage. According to the Arya samaj rites, the invocation before the sacred fire and the sapthapadi are essential ceremonies.

Best wishes, l