K3 i864 simple question (I130)

Old Aug 28th 2004, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

ndrobert is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile K3 i864 simple question (I130)

Hi,
K3iers

Need an opinion======

My wife is here in usa as a K3 visa & she got her SS & work authorization card,a week ago we received i864 (Affidavit of support) & it is not clear that do i have to send them 3 yrs tax return from IRS or not plus her address is showing on letter (Back home address) Are they going to send papers back home embassy for interview or are they going to take interview in here (USA).

Do i have to mention them that she is here & can come to ins for an interview plus when i call specific number it is always busy.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated .

Thanks in advance

Robert...
Old Aug 28th 2004, 3:02 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3 i864 simple question (I130)

Originally Posted by ndrobert
Hi,
K3iers

Need an opinion======

My wife is here in usa as a K3 visa & she got her SS & work authorization card,a week ago we received i864 (Affidavit of support) & it is not clear that do i have to send them 3 yrs tax return from IRS or not plus her address is showing on letter (Back home address) Are they going to send papers back home embassy for interview or are they going to take interview in here (USA).

Do i have to mention them that she is here & can come to ins for an interview plus when i call specific number it is always busy.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated .

Thanks in advance

Robert...

Confused here a bit Robert-did you apply for AOS for her? Do you have an approved 130?
Old Aug 28th 2004, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: K3 i864 simple question (I130)

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Confused here a bit Robert-did you apply for AOS for her? Do you have an approved 130?

Hi,
Thanks for replying me back..

1.what is AOS?

2.Why they mention foreign Embassy

3.Is it any way we inform INS/NVC ,she is already here in usa,Take her interview in here.

4. i130 was approved

Thanks again

Robert

Last edited by ndrobert; Aug 28th 2004 at 7:53 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2004, 9:00 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks for replying me back..

1.what is AOS?

2.Why they mention foreign Embassy

3.Is it any way we inform INS/NVC ,she is already here in usa,Take her interview in here.

4. i130 was approved

Thanks again

Robert

AOS is Adjustment of status and that is what you file for with ot without an approved 130. If the 130 is approved then if you want to finish the process for her you file for AOS and inform the NVC of that, otherwise they will assume that she is going to be finishing the process back in her native country.
Old Aug 28th 2004, 9:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

AOS is Adjustment of status and that is what you file for with ot without an approved 130.
Patience of a saint, you. <kiss> Thanks for your nice words the other day!
Old Aug 28th 2004, 9:29 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by meauxna
Patience of a saint, you. <kiss> Thanks for your nice words the other day!
aw shucks
Old Aug 28th 2004, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

AOS is Adjustment of status and that is what you file for with ot without an approved 130. If the 130 is approved then if you want to finish the process for her you file for AOS and inform the NVC of that, otherwise they will assume that she is going to be finishing the process back in her native country.
Hi,
Please can you tell me how to file AOS & can i still file AOS?

Thanks again

Regards
Robert
Old Aug 29th 2004, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Please can you tell me how to file AOS & can i still file AOS?

Thanks again

Regards
Robert
You may want to read here about adjustment of status.
http://www.visajourney.com/faq/index.htm#step%2014

Here for example forms:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples

Basically, you have the option of AOS or continue the process with the National Visa Center to get her residency by an interview at the consulate of the country she came from. Either or it's your choice which one you follow through.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by d_medina
You may want to read here about adjustment of status.
http://www.visajourney.com/faq/index.htm#step%2014

Here for example forms:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples

Basically, you have the option of AOS or continue the process with the National Visa Center to get her residency by an interview at the consulate of the country she came from. Either or it's your choice which one you follow through.
Hi,

Can you please tell me which is the faster way to get permanent visa(green card)

Thanks

Regards
Robert
Old Aug 29th 2004, 1:53 am
Sursum corda

Hi,

Can you please tell me which is the faster way to get permanent visa(green card)

Thanks

Regards
Robert

Robert,
It depends on two things-the speed that your local service center in NC is doing AOS and how quickly your wife's country's Consulate does the GC interviews. NVC is fairly quick about their end of it once you decide which way you want to go. Also consider finances-would it be a hardship for her to travel back to her country for the interview? It's a very personal decision based on what is best for the two of you.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: K3 i864 simple question (I130)

Robert,
It depends on two things-the speed that your local service center in NC is doing AOS and how quickly your wife's country's Consulate does the GC interviews. NVC is fairly quick about their end of it once you decide which way you want to go. Also consider finances-would it be a hardship for her to travel back to her country for the interview? It's a very personal decision based on what is best for the two of you.

Hi,
Thanks very much for replying me back...i have couple of more questions

Should i have to go to local ins office to findout ot i can call them plus where i can find priority dates.(web site)

my wife's family got some papers from ins (in back home)i will let u guys know what was those (may be they already transfer case to back home embassy & how hard to get it back to USA if they already transfer it).

Thanks again
Regards
Robert