k3 approval

Old Jun 1st 2002, 5:20 pm
jrusch

Default k3 approval

just to let you folks know, I got an approval onmy k3 application. the receipt date
was March 22,2002, approval date was May 28,2002 I just got the approval letter as
well as the certicates sent back to me. I didnt know they send those back

I also have the A number on the approval so now I need to get all of my fiancial
things together and send them to her and wait. she is in the Philippines. We look for
her to come in September

I do have a question though. the letter says this application is valid until Sept 28.
does that mean that if she comes here after September it will no longer be vaild?
after all,,,this isnt the visa as yet. only the application. someone fill me in on
this....thank you

John

Old Jun 2nd 2002, 12:20 pm
Richard Sun

Default Re: k3 approval

From what I understand it deals with the overseas consulate getting the petition and
approving it, I hear that a lot of the time they receive petitions that are expired
and they have the power to extend it, it's not a big deal from what I've heard.

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old Jun 2nd 2002, 6:20 pm
Bc

Default Re: k3 approval

http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news1377.htm

http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news1125.htm

Validity of the I-129F Petition

26. The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of INS approval. If
the petition has expired, the consular officer may revalidate the petition for an
additional four months with a notation "revalidated to (date)" in the "Remarks"
block on the petition over the signature and title of the consular officer. The
date of revalidation should also be noted.

[email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > just to let you folks know, I got an approval onmy k3 application. the receipt date
    > was March 22,2002, approval date was May 28,2002 I just got the approval letter as
    > well as the certicates sent back to me. I didnt know they send those back
    >
    > I also have the A number on the approval so now I need to get all of my fiancial
    > things together and send them to her and wait. she is in the Philippines. We look
    > for her to come in September
    >
    > I do have a question though. the letter says this application is valid until Sept
    > 28. does that mean that if she comes here after September it will no longer be
    > vaild? after all,,,this isnt the visa as yet. only the application. someone fill me
    > in on this....thank you
    >
    > John