K3 / AOS nightmare

Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:14 am
Ric
Forum Regular

Ric has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy K3 / AOS nightmare

Ugh OK, I know I left it too late, but the AOS would have already been filed by now except for unforseen problems. It's kind of a long story but here's the situation:

I'm here on a K3, which expires Feb 5th 2006. Now, I had gotton all the AOS forms a long time ago and read those over and didn't think I'd have a problem filing - I just didn't have the money to do it at the time. A few weeks ago when preparing this package and checking up on the latest info I discovered that the medical now has to be done and filed WITH the AOS application, not done after the application was submitted like it used to be.

So, I immediately made an appointment with an INS approved doc in Bloomington, IN and went to get my I-693 forms. She did the basic checks, gave me a TB test thingy on my arm and told me I would have to go to some other place in a few days to get the test read, and was told if the bump was >5mm in diameter I would need a chest x-ray. Two days later I went and got it checked. It measured 5mm and I was told I did not need a chest x-ray. Everything seemed great so I went home expecting to be holding my completed I-693 in a few days time.

Four or five days later I get a call from the doc saying that I was supposed to hae had a chest x-ray because the bump measured 5mm. OK, no big deal they screwed up but its ok, I went and got the x-ray done immediately. Now, over a week later they call me back and tell me they "found something on the x-ray"... Apparently I have "thickening of the tissue" in my lungs. Whatever that means. They needed to look into it further and requested my x-ray I got done at the London medical two years ago for comparison. So I immediately took it to them. Now they are telling me it will take up to a week just to get the results of the comparison back. They will not sign my I-693 until they are sure I do not have some kind of illness. I'm a little scared, as they could not tell me what might be the problem with my lungs. I feel fine and have no symptoms?

Anyway, all this unexpected screwing around is eating up my remaining visa time and it is starting to look like I may not be able to file my AOS before my visa expires! Now I'm not sure what to do. I am stuck waiting on these docs to make a decision as to my health before I get back my I-693.

So my questions:

1) Am I supposed to leave the country when my visa expires? Surely not..

2) Am I able to file my AOS after my visa has expired and are there any consequencs with this? I was informed previously that I did have to have my I-693 completed to file with the AOS app. Everything else is ready to go.

3) My EAD is valid until Mar 23 2006 (exactly two years after original date of entry), but the visa expires Feb 05 2006. Am I still allowed to work between Feb 05 and Mar 23?

4) This is kind of a side question but I did wonder about it. I am filing my AOS based on an I-130 approval. It was approved almost one and a half years ago. Is this a problem?

Any helpful advice is appreciated. At this point I am pulling my hair out and making backup plans to take my wife and newborn child back to England if I have to.

For those interested in medical fees, this is what they stung me for:
TB test and general exam: $150
Bloodwork and TB test check: $100
Chest x-ray: $105
Anything else I might need: who knows?

For those with plenty of time left to file their AOS - do it now! Even if you think you got it covered. You just don't know what bs you're gonna have to deal with.

Give me some hope people! Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3 / AOS nightmare

Originally Posted by Ric
No.

2) Am I able to file my AOS after my visa has expired and are there any consequencs with this?
Yes, you can still file AOS after the visa expires, ASAP. No consequences as long as you remain in the USA. Don't travel using AP.

3) My EAD is valid until Mar 23 2006 (exactly two years after original date of entry), but the visa expires Feb 05 2006. Am I still allowed to work between Feb 05 and Mar 23?
Along with your AOS, file form I-131 for an EAD renewal. Do that ASAP, as it takes about 3 months to receive the EAD. You are allowed to work until your current EAD expires.

4) This is kind of a side question but I did wonder about it. I am filing my AOS based on an I-130 approval. It was approved almost one and a half years ago. Is this a problem?
As far as I know, it shouldn't be a problem.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:38 am
Ric
Forum Regular

Ric has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura about

Ohh thankyou that is a relief!! I was expecting bad news

But, I-131 is an application for travel document. You meant I-765 right? I hope so, that's what I have filled out and ready to go
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ric

But, I-131 is an application for travel document. You meant I-765 right? I hope so, that's what I have filled out and ready to go
Oops sorry. Yes, the I-765. I'm brain dead today. LOL

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:53 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Deep breath! It will all be okay.

When i went in for my K1 physical, they did an x-ray. It was fine, for immigration purposes, but the radiologist said, there's something really weird, right there, around your heart... take this to your doctor and have it checked out.

Turns out they could see what they described as a "fat pad" around my heart. Turned out to be pericarditis, which did eventually resolve.

But man, let me tell you, THE STRESS! Gah!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:56 am
Ric
Forum Regular

Yea it's a killer. Thankfully we have this forum. Where would we be without it?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:18 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ric

Hey you!! Long time no see
Rene is right, you don't have to leave, just apply whenever you get the results, are you going to be ok?. Do you need to have it removed?

Ps: I got my K3 around the same time you got yours. My visa was supposed to expired March but since I travelled to Spain over a year a go, My I-94 is good until Jan 7, 2007

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Jan 25th 2006 at 2:21 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:44 pm
Ric
Forum Regular

Hey hyper. I don't know what they think they have found yet, they really couldn't tell me much. I have to wait a week to know anything. All I know is they won't sign off on my I-693 until they are satisfied I'm healthy. Not very reassuring is it? Otherwise I feel fine and checked out fine.. maybe they just have some noob reading the x-rays. I dunno. Prob nothing. Prob just milking me for some $$$ :P

Everything else has gone smooth in this whole process so far, figure I'm due a bump or two
Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:59 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ric
Hey hyper. I don't know what they think they have found yet, they really couldn't tell me much. I have to wait a week to know anything. All I know is they won't sign off on my I-693 until they are satisfied I'm healthy. Not very reassuring is it? Otherwise I feel fine and checked out fine.. maybe they just have some noob reading the x-rays. I dunno. Prob nothing. Prob just milking me for some $$$ :P

Everything else has gone smooth in this whole process so far, figure I'm due a bump or two
Nice new avatar! I seem to remember you had pics of you and wifey looking single and taken on webcams. How things change. Anyway congratulations on the critter and best of luck with the rest of your process.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:21 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ric

Hiya back Ric!
I hope they are not milking you, If they are, let me know, I will send my toxic clouds their way <insert evil smiley here>
Let us know how it goes alright??
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Nice new avatar! I seem to remember you had pics of you and wifey looking single and taken on webcams. How things change. Anyway congratulations on the critter and best of luck with the rest of your process.
I remember the avatar too, what's with you and critters??, hahaha. GREMLIN!!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 1:22 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Ric,

When does your allowed stay (I-94) expire?

And what has happened with your wife's I-130 during this time?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Ric

So my questions:

Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:09 am
Ric
Forum Regular

Talking Re: K3 / AOS nightmare

The doc called today with results of the x-ray comparison. She said there had been no change, ie the damage was already there when I had the x-ray in London, and therefore since they didn't object neither would she. I'm perfectly healthy, 'cept for the normal smokin-related damage to my bits of cuz

So nothing to worry about after all. I'll get my forms signed and in my hand Monday and my AOS/EAD renewal will be mailed in immediately. I'll have a problem 2 months from now when my EAD expires, but what the hell I need a break from work anyway

Yeah - the avatars, I just did get a 'together' pic up there - we only been together two and a half years haha.

Jeff - I-94 is good until March 23rd and the I-130 was approved about 15 months ago and nothing was done since we received NOA2 on that.

Oh yea, I do mail both my AOS/EAD app to the Chicago lockbox addy right? (I'm in Indiana). The form instructions are confusing as hell!

Last edited by Ric; Jan 26th 2006 at 10:11 am.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Ric
Oh yea, I do mail both my AOS/EAD app to the Chicago lockbox addy right? (I'm in Indiana). The form instructions are confusing as hell!
Yes, the Chicago lockbox address. Glad you're OK!

Rene
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Ric
The doc called today with results of the x-ray comparison. She said there had been no change, ie the damage was already there when I had the x-ray in London, and therefore since they didn't object neither would she. I'm perfectly healthy, 'cept for the normal smokin-related damage to my bits of cuz

So nothing to worry about after all. I'll get my forms signed and in my hand Monday and my AOS/EAD renewal will be mailed in immediately. I'll have a problem 2 months from now when my EAD expires, but what the hell I need a break from work anyway

Yeah - the avatars, I just did get a 'together' pic up there - we only been together two and a half years haha.

Jeff - I-94 is good until March 23rd and the I-130 was approved about 15 months ago and nothing was done since we received NOA2 on that.

Yep! To Chicago that is
I am VERY happy to hear it went well, what do you mean by "damage was already there??".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.