Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1FAQ Website Outdated??

K1FAQ Website Outdated??

Old May 8th 2002, 3:40 pm
Omo

Default K1FAQ Website Outdated??

I have a friend whose engaged to a foreign national and he has ultimately decided to
use the I-129F/K1 route. I've encouraged him to go to websites which may prove
beneficial for him including the k1faq url. However, I've noticed at that site that
it has not been updated since September 7, 2001???!

Has anyone volunteered to maintain this website that has benefitted hundreds of
people in the past? Is going to this website a good idea still? (There's been several
changes in the last 8 months regarding the k1 visa not to mention INS/DOS changes,
i.e. OF-156 changed to DS 156, K3/4, V visa etc.)

Is this website basically standing on its own and a "read at your own risk" URL?

Omo.

Old May 8th 2002, 3:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1FAQ Website Outdated??

The only URL that is outdated that I found is the URL for the import of cars from Canada. I posted the correct URL here on the NG a while back and asked that the FAQ be updated to reflect the new URL.

I honestly do not know who now maintains the site and found no e-mail address there to contact anyone.

However, bear in mind that the FAQ is still pertinent to today's K-1 wannabes. Nothing has changed basically. Whatever changes there are will be in the Consulate area of the Visa and not in the I-129F portion. And again those changes are individual and unique to each and every Consulate. So the FAQ is still an excellent guideline procedurally and the Mysterious Brown Envelope portion of the FAQ is updated daily/weekly with experiences. The NG is the best source of information for particulars pertinent to individual countries and Consulates.

So giving out the FAQ link is still a good idea and source of information and then get your friend here to the NG for more indepth information pertinent to their situation

Rete
Old May 8th 2002, 4:10 pm
Ranjini

As I'm sure Mike the FAQ guy found out, maintaining this site is a lot of hard work.
However, it does still remain a good starting point. Along with the other excellent
links that it points you to. And I add, in conjunction with the newsgroup, of
course. Ranjini

"Omo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I have a friend whose engaged to a foreign national and he has ultimately decided
    > to use the I-129F/K1 route. I've encouraged him to go to websites which may prove
    > beneficial for him including the k1faq url. However, I've noticed at that site that
    > it has not been updated since September 7, 2001???!
    >
    > Has anyone volunteered to maintain this website that has benefitted hundreds of
    > people in the past? Is going to this website a good idea still? (There's been
    > several changes in the last 8 months regarding the k1 visa not to mention INS/DOS
    > changes, i.e. OF-156 changed to DS 156, K3/4, V visa etc.)
    >
    > Is this website basically standing on its own and a "read at your own risk" URL?
    >
    > Omo.

Old May 8th 2002, 5:40 pm
Mjones

No one has ever volunteered to maintain the FAQ, and I don't send updates to Duncan
anymore, altho I told him he could just copy the damn thing if he wanted to keep the
k1faq.com site up to date. I keep the original site updated at
<http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm>, as a personal effort, and I still
do a newsgroup posting ofthe FAQ from time to time to keep it in the Usenet FAQ
archives. Mike

"Omo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I have a friend whose engaged to a foreign national and he has ultimately decided
    > to use the I-129F/K1 route. I've encouraged him to go to websites which may prove
    > beneficial for him including the k1faq url. However, I've noticed at that site that
    > it has not been updated since September 7, 2001???!
    >
    > Has anyone volunteered to maintain this website that has benefitted hundreds of
    > people in the past? Is going to this website a good idea still? (There's been
    > several changes in the last 8 months regarding the k1 visa not to mention INS/DOS
    > changes, i.e. OF-156 changed to DS 156, K3/4, V visa etc.)
    >
    > Is this website basically standing on its own and a "read at your own risk" URL?
    >
    > Omo.

Old May 8th 2002, 6:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Mike

Thank you for all your past, present and future expenditures of time and work on this site. I know I appreciate.

To simplify things I will change the link to the one you provided.

I don't know the first thing that setting up or maintaining a website so unfortuately I can't volunteer those services. Sorry.

Rita
Old May 8th 2002, 6:40 pm
Ranjini

Hi Mike, Thanks for posting the link to your own updated site. Some pretty neat stuff
in there. It's good to see you around from time to time. We are almost at the end of
the road ourselves. Going for Naturalization at the end of this month. We haven't
done too badly thanks to help from people like yourself. I think I remember reading
that Nina has decided to postpone the decision to get naturalization for awhile?? As
for me, I want to be done with dealing with the INS. The only good reason I can think
of really. Best wishes to you both from Ken and I. Ranjini

"mjones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > No one has ever volunteered to maintain the FAQ, and I don't send updates
to
    > Duncan anymore, altho I told him he could just copy the damn thing if he wanted to
    > keep the k1faq.com site up to date. I keep the original site updated at
    > <http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm>, as a personal effort,
and
    > I still do a newsgroup posting ofthe FAQ from time to time to keep it in
the
    > Usenet FAQ archives. Mike
    >
    >
    > "Omo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I have a friend whose engaged to a foreign national and he has ultimately decided
    > > to use the I-129F/K1 route. I've encouraged him to go to websites which may prove
    > > beneficial for him including the k1faq url. However, I've noticed at that site
    > > that it has not been updated since September 7, 2001???!
    > >
    > > Has anyone volunteered to maintain this website that has benefitted hundreds of
    > > people in the past? Is going to this website a good idea still? (There's been
    > > several changes in the last 8 months regarding the k1 visa not to mention INS/DOS
    > > changes, i.e. OF-156 changed to DS 156, K3/4, V visa etc.)
    > >
    > > Is this website basically standing on its own and a "read at your own risk" URL?
    > >
    > > Omo.

Old May 8th 2002, 8:20 pm
Aangiela

The link that I have to the K-1 Faq says that it was last updated on April 15,
2002:

http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm#3.9.1

Hope that helps.

Angie

Old May 9th 2002, 2:20 am
mjones

Why, thank you for the best wishes. Same back 'atcha. And yes, until there are
certain situations regarding dual citizenship clarified *for certain* by the Swedish
government, we will hold off on the Natz. Mike

On Wed, 08 May 2002 17:54:49 GMT, "Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Mike, Thanks for posting the link to your own updated site. Some pretty neat
    >stuff in there. It's good to see you around from time to time. We are almost at the
    >end of the road ourselves. Going for Naturalization at the end of this month. We
    >haven't done too badly thanks to help from people like yourself. I think I remember
    >reading that Nina has decided to postpone the decision to get naturalization for
    >awhile?? As for me, I want to be done with dealing with the INS. The only good
    >reason I can think of really. Best wishes to you both from Ken and I. Ranjini
    >
    >"mjones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> No one has ever volunteered to maintain the FAQ, and I don't send updates
    >to
    >> Duncan anymore, altho I told him he could just copy the damn thing if he wanted to
    >> keep the k1faq.com site up to date. I keep the original site updated at
    >> <http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm>, as a personal effort,
    >and
    >> I still do a newsgroup posting ofthe FAQ from time to time to keep it in
    >the
    >> Usenet FAQ archives. Mike
    >>
    >>
    >> "Omo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > I have a friend whose engaged to a foreign national and he has ultimately
    >> > decided to use the I-129F/K1 route. I've encouraged him to go to websites which
    >> > may prove beneficial for him including the k1faq url. However, I've noticed at
    >> > that site that it has not been updated since September 7, 2001???!
    >> >
    >> > Has anyone volunteered to maintain this website that has benefitted hundreds of
    >> > people in the past? Is going to this website a good idea still? (There's been
    >> > several changes in the last 8 months regarding the k1 visa not to mention
    >> > INS/DOS changes, i.e. OF-156 changed to DS 156, K3/4, V visa etc.)
    >> >
    >> > Is this website basically standing on its own and a "read at your own risk" URL?
    >> >
    >> > Omo.
    >>
    >

Old May 9th 2002, 4:20 am
Richard Sun

Who maintains http://www.k1faq.com? It would be nice to keep it up to copy over all
the information to one place.

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old May 9th 2002, 2:20 pm
Omo

[email protected] (AAngiela) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > The link that I have to the K-1 Faq says that it was last updated on April 15,
    > 2002:
    >
    > http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm#3.9.1
    >
    > Hope that helps.
    >
    > Angie

Thanks for the link Angie. This is the one I will give my friend as a starting point.
The old URL last updated Septmeber 7, 2001 is from a link I found on Kamya's website.
Nevertheless, it still has some good information there that my friend can use. Thanks
for the responses.

Omo.