Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 visa without meeting first?

Wikiposts

K1 visa without meeting first?

Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa without meeting first?

Originally Posted by Boiler
A lot less, seems GBP5k would do.
Perhaps. It's up to the ConOff. As I said, no set dollar amount in writing to "self-sponsor"...it's up to the ConOff's discretion.

Rene
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:25 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Being pendantic, she might not need a sponsor for her K1 visa.
Originally Posted by Noorah101
If she has a decent amount of assets (savings in the bank works best), she might be able to "self-sponsor" for the K-1, and not use an I-134 from you.
How so? You've still got the more basic problem of not having met in person, and it doesn't seem that you've solved that yet. Are you going to request a waiver on the basis of your medical condition? USCIS can't say 'yes' if you don't ask.
Originally Posted by hoping12
Wow, you guys are awesome! Thanks Rene.
Regards, JEff
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:37 am
Just Joined

hoping12 has a spectacular aura abouthoping12 has a spectacular aura abouthoping12 has a spectacular aura about

Lots of good information here was all I meant. We aren't sure if we'll try the waiver or not. To me it seems like it could complicate things with the VWP or K1 in the future which isn't worth it if there is low chance of getting approved anyways. For now we'll keep looking around for ideas and probably decide in a few weeks after we know more.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoping12
Lots of good information here was all I meant. We aren't sure if we'll try the waiver or not. To me it seems like it could complicate things with the VWP or K1 in the future which isn't worth it if there is low chance of getting approved anyways. For now we'll keep looking around for ideas and probably decide in a few weeks after we know more.
It won't affect her VWP travel, because it would only be the I-129F petition that gets denied...it won't be on her immigration record, it will be on yours.

Keep us posted, and good luck whichever way you decide.

Rene