Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Visa sealed package lost

Wikiposts

K1 Visa sealed package lost

Old Jun 3rd 2016, 9:50 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa sealed package lost

No, it is not hopeless and other over the years have either unsealed and/or lost their brown envelope.

My main concern is for both you and your financial sponsor. Their social security number is on the forms. Anyone finding this envelope and opening it, can take out credit cards in their name with the SS# and they are SOL. Advise them immediately to take appropriate action with the US credit bureaus.

When was the last time you had the envelope? Could it have been packed away in your goods to follow? Or already boxed and shipped.

As Rene and Ian mentioned, the BSE contains all your immigration paperwork which is why it is sealed and to be handed over at the POE. It is ten forwarded to the USCIS office for the next phase in your immigration.
Old Jun 4th 2016, 4:37 pm
Ast
Just Joined

Ast is an unknown quantity at this point

All taken into consideration, thank you. I'll update when I can.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 2:56 am
Ast
Just Joined

Ok guys here is the first update. The DoS Visa Consulate have emailed me asking that I send them the original I-797 Approval Notice, which my American fiancée naturally has. She also has an I-797c which is a slightly different document.

I would imagine the I-797c is not required as this is not proof of confirmation of our petition. Either way these are being sent to me with copies naturally being made.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Atrida is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ast
Ok guys here is the first update. The DoS Visa Consulate have emailed me asking that I send them the original I-797 Approval Notice, which my American fiancée naturally has. She also has an I-797c which is a slightly different document.

I would imagine the I-797c is not required as this is not proof of confirmation of our petition. Either way these are being sent to me with copies naturally being made.
Hello Ast!

Same situation... my passport + sealed package seem to be lost in the post (or at least they are untraceable at the moment). I am starting to fear the worse.

Can you please let me know how everything ended up for you? I would really appreciate any piece of advise you can give me about this!

Thank you very much.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:53 pm
Ast
Just Joined

Yeah of course I totally forgot to update the post.

The embassy got back to me and asked for the original I-797 I think, which is the approved petition my American half had. I sent that over and a little while later they sent a new envelope out. I was surprised how easily it was resolved but there we go

Though I see you've lost your passport too which I hadn't. This will probably take longer to resolve but from my experience it's not the end of the road.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much! I must admit that your answer is relieving for me even though I still have faith on the package showing up...

I will wait a couple more weeks until I report my passport as lost and ask for a new one, in the meantime I will ask my fiancee to find and send me the I-797 to save some time!
Old Jul 27th 2016, 11:05 am
Ast
Just Joined

Definitely keep in touch with the embassy though, and good luck!
Old Jul 27th 2016, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ast
Definitely keep in touch with the embassy though, and good luck!
The package got finally home!! thanks for the concern
Old Sep 21st 2016, 7:45 am
chy
Just Joined

chy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B1 B2 visa approved but no sealed packet received??

Im not sure if anyone have the same problem with me..but i received my passport with my US visa sticker in it from DX courier. And had it deliver at my work place.. So the receptionist received and signed it which i ddnt authorise..so the problem was when i check at the office coz my manager said i have parcel but when i check at the back office my parcel was opened!!!!! All i got was an opened plastic with my passport and visa stick in it and nothing else.. Is that all the US Lobdon Embassy send u when they approved your US visa?? And what is that sealed packet which i happen to check online that has to be with the parcel?? All i received was the passport alone which is frustrating!!! What should i do?
Old Sep 21st 2016, 7:50 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1 B2 visa approved but no sealed packet received??

Originally Posted by chy
All i got was an opened plastic with my passport and visa stick in it and nothing else.
That's all you should have received.

Is that all the US Lobdon Embassy send u when they approved your US visa?
Yes.

And what is that sealed packet which i happen to check online that has to be with the parcel?
You only get a sealed packet when you get a K-1 or CR-1/IR1 visa... you got a B-1/2 visa. So, no sealed packet for you.

All i received was the passport alone which is frustrating!
That's all you were supposed to get.

What should i do?
Nothing at all. Relax... breathe... take a holiday to the US.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Sep 21st 2016 at 7:53 am.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 8:02 am
chy
Just Joined

chy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B1 B2 visa approved but no sealed packet received??

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
That's all you should have received.

Yes.

You only get a sealed packet when you get a K-1 or CR-1/IR1 visa... you got a B-1/2 visa. So, no sealed packet for you.

That's all you were supposed to get.

Nothing at all. Relax... breathe... take a holiday to the US.

Ian
thank you so much Ian....at least my mind is at peace right now..