K1 Visa sealed package lost

Wikiposts

K1 Visa sealed package lost

Old Jun 2nd 2016, 2:19 pm
Ast
Just Joined

Ast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Visa sealed package lost

As the title suggests, I have unfortunately lost the sealed envelope that was couriered to the depot. I have my passport and will be contacting the embassy tomorrow...is this situation resolvable?
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 3:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa sealed package lost

I suppose, if you saved a copy of all your immigration documents.

Might have to do a new medical.

Rene
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 6:23 pm
Ast
Just Joined

Damn. So there is no backup system in use by the embassy?
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 8:01 pm
Ast
Just Joined

I tried calling the embassy but they said they would not take phone calls from the public. As such I have emailed the lost passport section of the embassy for want of any other avenue I know of. Have I got no option but wait for an email reply?
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Use the "contact us" page on the US Embassy London website.

To my knowledge, they don't keep backups. You would have to bring in the documents again to get verified by them, including the medical. The doctor also doesn't keep a backup once it's out their door, I think. ...but you can call Knightsbridge to verify.

You should have your own set of photocopies of everything you brought to the interview, so shouldn't be too hard to put together a new set.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jun 2nd 2016 at 11:38 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:10 pm

The "lost passport" section is probably for US Citizens who have lost their US passport, and they won't know about immigration.

Rene
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:24 pm
Ast
Just Joined

I do obviously have my original documents I brought with me and Knightsbridge have confirmed they don't hold records. I can hope that the Embassy hold copies for their own records but I guess that's a long shot. Either way I've also been in contact with USCIS in hopes of a solution.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:37 pm

Good. ..please keep us posted. I hope it's a fairly easy fix. I know you must be be stressed right now.

We didn't go through London, but my fiance lost his sealed medical report before going to his K-1 interview. This was back in 2004 in Turkey. He had to go and redo a whole new medical, including paying again. Ugh.

Rene
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:39 pm

You say you have the originals. ..buy you should also have a photocopy of any original you left with them, too. Thinking of the I-130, I-134, etc.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jun 2nd 2016 at 11:55 pm. Reason: Wrong form number
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:43 pm
Ast
Just Joined

I honestly can't recall what documents I left with them. I have my original birth and crime certificates plus DS160 confirmation.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:55 pm

Sorry, I mean my point is that you should have one complete photocopy set of your own, including everything you and your fiance have sent to USCIS since the journey began, including all forms and backup documents. So even if you do need to recreate new ones, you have the photocopy to look at.

Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 12:00 am
Ast
Just Joined

Oh of course, ultimately all the documents I took with me had a photo copy bar letters and what not. All of the required documents should have a copy.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 12:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ast
So there is no backup system in use by the embassy?
No. That package contains your entire immigration history paperwork... they don't keep copies of it - why would they? It is your responsibility to keep track of things.

Ian
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 12:42 am
Ast
Just Joined

Does anyone have experience or advice regarding what happens next?
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 1:02 am
Ast
Just Joined

Ok so just as an update, my contact with USCIS has come back advising me go through the Visa Unit contact form. I do feel confident about this despite the situation, hopefully this can be resolved relatively easily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.