K1 Visa Question?

Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

UKLiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Visa Question?

Originally posted by Steffi
And as Jeff already clarified it's not the AP that takes 2 years (at least it shouldn't!! *L*), it's the AOS (adjustment of status) that takes approx 2 years (big note that this can vary greatly from office to office).
Hi Steffi

Now I am thinking that I may be denied AP as my only reason for leaving the US would be to visit my family in my home Country!

That being so, then am I right in thinking that I would then only be allowed to travel after AOS, and that that may well take 2 years?

Liz - still
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by UKLiz
... held prisoner...
You got that bit right! Hence Advance PAROLE!!!!!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Hi Steffi

Now I am thinking that I may be denied AP as my only reason for leaving the US would be to visit my family in my home Country!

That being so, then am I right in thinking that I would then only be allowed to travel after AOS, and that that may well take 2 years?

Liz - still
Liz

When I applied for AP, it was suggested (by people on this NG) that I list all "planned" trips. However, if you do not then take the trips, apparently they (USCIS) won't hold it against you. Therefore, my "planned" trips stretched into September 2004!

I am sure that you will have many planned trips to England and dates that you will be able to list to assist you in obtaining your AP... Know what I mean?
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:25 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steffi

Liz - still
Liz, sorry it came across as such. I didn't mean to say imply that you would be denied AP simply because you would visit your family. If that were the case I certainly would be denied AP as well! What I was TRYINg to say is that even though it comes across as "only for emergency" you SHOULD be fine getting the AP based on "visiting family." Of course that being said there's still no guarantee that you will receive it (as there is no guarantee with ANY forms you will file for this process), but let's all hope that you will! I will file for AP sometime in the spring as I'm hoping to visit my family in the summer. My only reason for needing the AP would be, as for you, to visit family. So I'm certainly keeping my fingers crossed that the "visiting family" is enough of a reason to receive the AP (if not then I wish the officer not to be allowed to see his family for 2 years to see what it's like, haha *shakes fist*).
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Karen D
Liz

When I applied for AP, it was suggested (by people on this NG) that I list all "planned" trips. However, if you do not then take the trips, apparently they (USCIS) won't hold it against you. Therefore, my "planned" trips stretched into September 2004!

I am sure that you will have many planned trips to England and dates that you will be able to list to assist you in obtaining your AP... Know what I mean?
Yes, I think I get the idea.

Did you say that your planned trips were just for visiting friends, or did you give some other reason for visiting? I am just wondering whether there are more acceptable reasons for visiting your family - other than just the fact that you miss them!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Liz, sorry it came across as such. I didn't mean to say imply that you would be denied AP simply because you would visit your family. If that were the case I certainly would be denied AP as well! What I was TRYINg to say is that even though it comes across as "only for emergency" you SHOULD be fine getting the AP based on "visiting family." Of course that being said there's still no guarantee that you will receive it (as there is no guarantee with ANY forms you will file for this process), but let's all hope that you will! I will file for AP sometime in the spring as I'm hoping to visit my family in the summer. My only reason for needing the AP would be, as for you, to visit family. So I'm certainly keeping my fingers crossed that the "visiting family" is enough of a reason to receive the AP (if not then I wish the officer not to be allowed to see his family for 2 years to see what it's like, haha *shakes fist*).
Steffi

I don't think you confused me, I think I confused myself!

Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, I think I get the idea.

I am going to PM you on this.

PS: How dare you miss your own family...!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Alie&Steve
I don't believe it takes 2 yrs to get AP. From what i understand, you file for AP along with your AOS & EAD and it should only take 3-6 months or so to receive. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but that was my understanding.

Alie
I was told it takes up to 90 days to get AP after you get married but i could be wrong too lol. You have to apply for it when you change ur status.

G
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:35 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
I was told it takes up to 90 days to get AP after you get married but i could be wrong too lol. You have to apply for it when you change ur status.

G
No, it should be 90 days from the date of NOA (after you send in the application), not 90 days from marriage.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

No, it should be 90 days from the date of NOA (after you send in the application), not 90 days from marriage.
Yikes!!!! I'm still learning about all this stuff. Why cant they make things easier!!!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:53 pm
K1 via London

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Yikes!!!! I'm still learning about all this stuff. Why cant they make things easier!!!
Tell me about it...I'm still a First Grader in this process myself. Hope that clarified it though.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:45 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Tell me about it...I'm still a First Grader in this process myself. Hope that clarified it though.
<feels as clarified as butter>

*sighs*

<goes back to sorting out the never-ending paperwork>
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

steffi and whistle,

Where did this 90 days come from?

Are you possibly confusing advance parole with the application for employment authorization?

Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Dec 9th 2003 at 9:40 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
steffi and whistle,

Are you possibly confusing advance parole with the application for employment authorization?

Regards, EJff
Nope i heard 90 days for AP as well as employment authorization.........http://www.k1faq.com is where i got it from I THINK????
Old Dec 9th 2003, 7:00 pm
K1 via London

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
steffi and whistle,

Regards, EJff
You are right, I did mistake it for the EAD, I'm sorry.

Ok, well check the USCIS webpage for the timeline of your district office.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.