Wikiposts

K1 visa process

Old Jun 15th 2016, 11:43 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: K1 visa process

keep everything Ben is the best advice, you'll need the approval notice from the I-129F when you file for AOS after marriage
Old Jun 19th 2016, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

So my fiancé received our first NOA in the mail yesterday, form I-797C!

Now begins the 3-5 month wait?!

Unless there is anything we need to do now?

Last edited by BenK91; Jun 19th 2016 at 8:48 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Now you wait. lol

Rene
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations. Now you wait. lol

Rene
Thank you Rene, I assumed that would be the case. Patience isn't my strong point which is pretty stupid considering I'm going through this process!

You mentioned something I could look at would be the I-134...

My fiancé's (USC) mother will be sponsoring me as my fiancé is currently part-time employed due to being in her final year at college. Her mum is a nurse at one of the children's hospitals in Denver and I was just looking for confirmation on what exactly we need from her (as in copies/statements of things etc). I've had a look through the form and the instructions but just wanted some opinions/experiences from people on here.

Thanks!
Ben
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Thanks Tom, I didn't about that so useful to know!

It looks like they've processed our cheque too so hopefully it all goes smoothly. Looks like my fiancé is just waiting for the notification in the mail - is there anything we need to do with that when it arrives or is it just a paper-based receipt of what we've already received via SMS?
The first notice of action is fairly unimportant in its self. It likely won't be needed later down the line. However, you should keep it for your records.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Rene, I assumed that would be the case. Patience isn't my strong point which is pretty stupid considering I'm going through this process!

You mentioned something I could look at would be the I-134...

My fiancé's (USC) mother will be sponsoring me as my fiancé is currently part-time employed due to being in her final year at college. Her mum is a nurse at one of the children's hospitals in Denver and I was just looking for confirmation on what exactly we need from her (as in copies/statements of things etc). I've had a look through the form and the instructions but just wanted some opinions/experiences from people on here.

Thanks!
Ben
Oops didn't see another page. I too am in a state similar to yours. My fiancee's father has provided a completed I-134, 3x tax transcripts, 6 month pay stubs and a letter from his HR stating he works there, his pay etc.

My fiancee has also completed one, just in case the person dealing with me at the embassy asks to why she isn't the sponsor.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Oops didn't see another page. I too am in a state similar to yours. My fiancee's father has provided a completed I-134, 3x tax transcripts, 6 month pay stubs and a letter from his HR stating he works there, his pay etc.

My fiancee has also completed one, just in case the person dealing with me at the embassy asks to why she isn't the sponsor.
Thanks Tom, I'll get my fiancé to complete one too just to cover the question if it gets asked! How much further ahead of me are you in the process? Hope it's all going well!
Old Jul 6th 2016, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: K1 visa process

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask a few medical related questions (I have searched, and I know this is a long way away currently but I'm just looking to get everything prepared and be as thorough as possible to ensure this goes smoothly).

I've booked in to have my two missing vaccinations done, so that's covered.

The main question I have is; I have a heart condition (born with it and operated on when I was barely a day old) and I've never needed any medication or follow up surgeries up until this day and I'm nearly 25 years old. Will this be of concern to the medical people at Knightsbridge/hold up the visa process?

From research I believe the only thing that will actually stop me receiving a green light from the medical is a communicable disease and not anything like a heart condition etc.

Would anyone with more knowledge/experience of this be able to chime in? Is it worth me getting a letter from the hospital that perform my heart checkup every 36 months?

Thanks,
Ben
Old Jul 6th 2016, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

I had my medical exam a couple of weeks ago and on the questionnaire when you arrive at Knightsbridge there is a question relating to surgeries or known problems (if I remember correctly!) however I am unsure how they would react to this.

I assume it's whether you've had anything recently that would cause them concern. As you said, it is worth getting a letter from the hospital just in case they do question you on it.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 10:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Will this be of concern to the medical people at Knightsbridge/hold up the visa process?
No... because it's not contagious and you're neither a threat to yourself nor to others.

Is it worth me getting a letter from the hospital that perform my heart checkup every 36 months?
That's probably a good idea... and you also might want to get a letter from your personal physician.

Ian
Old Jul 11th 2016, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you both, I've managed to get in touch with the hospital and they're apparently sending me a letter this week stating that for the last (nearly) 25 years I haven't required any medication or further surgeries etc and that I'm in good health.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 1:16 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I've managed to get in touch with the hospital and they're apparently sending me a letter this week stating that for the last (nearly) 25 years I haven't required any medication or further surgeries etc and that I'm in good health.
Excellent!

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2016, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

My letter has come through from my surgeon/doctor who performs the yearly checkup.

It's been nearly 6 weeks since our NOA1 date so I'm starting to hope we should have it in the next few weeks barring an RFE.

I've also booked to go back to Colorado on the 29th August, so it'll be handy if things have arrived before then so I can take them back with me instead of getting my fiancé to mail them over here!
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi all, apologies for another question.

Originally my Fiancé's (USC) mother was going to fill in the I-134 for us and be the Affidavit of Support for us however I've been looking into it a little bit more to see if my fiancé earns enough to do this.

As I've mentioned before, she currently works part-time due to being in college finishing her degree off. She earns around $16,000 a year not including tips and she has pay stubs to back this up. She currently lives at home.

The figure I've been able to find which I believe is correct is that she needs to earn $11,770 or over - is this correct?

Thank you in advance!
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 8:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

For the I-134, there is no set dollar figure. It's up to the interviewing officer to decide if what she makes is enough.

As a guideline, one could use the I-864P, 125% figure for your household size, which I think is about $19,000 for a household of 2.

For the I-864, that figure is set in stone. Not for the I-134.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.