K1 visa panic.

Old Jul 28th 2011, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

AMBERLYRA is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy K1 visa panic.

I am a newbie so hope I am doing this right. My Fiancee filed the 1-129F which was received May 20th. He got the 1-797C May 23rd and we have heard nothing since.We are almost in August so is this a long time to wait this early on with the application? We are both panicking. Thank you.
Amberlyra
Old Jul 28th 2011, 4:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa panic.

Originally Posted by AMBERLYRA
I am a newbie so hope I am doing this right. My Fiancee filed the 1-129F which was received May 20th. He got the 1-797C May 23rd and we have heard nothing since.We are almost in August so is this a long time to wait this early on with the application? We are both panicking. Thank you.
Amberlyra
Hi and Welcome to BE.

Don't panic. You are well within normal processing times. It can take up to 5 or 6 months to get the I-129F approved. You filed in May 2011, so you can expect approval around October/November 2011. If you get it sooner, it will be a pleasant surprise for you.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2011, 4:50 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Amberlyra
Think Christmas time...
Old Jul 28th 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Amberlyra
California Service Center is approving some early May petitions now. Vermont Service Center is still working on March. Do you know which service center yours went to for processing
Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

It was sent to Dallas and he didn't include any evidence. He did hear that they would send a request for evidence.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It was sent to Dallas and he didn't include any evidence. He did hear that they would send a request for evidence.
Dallas collects the I-129F package now, and then sends it to one of the service centers.

Why didn't he include any evidence? You mean evidence that you two have met in person? That is crucial evidence that needed to go with the I-129F, he will indeed either get an RFE for the missing evidence, or he could get the whole I-129F package back with instructions to file it again, this time correctly.

Now that you're expecting an RFE, the published processing times do not apply to you.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, at least we know now. All he included was his birth certificate as he didn't see any instructions to mail anything else. They cashed the cheque ok though.
Amberlyra
Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:39 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

That may extend your wait a long long long time.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Oh dear!! I wonder if he could send all the evidence, with the ref number attached, seperately to save time.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It won't save time.

Sending the material requested in an RFE, with the RFE notice, to the specific address specified in the RFE, saves time.

Regards, JEff

Oh dear!! I wonder if he could send all the evidence, with the ref number attached, seperately to save time.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:24 pm

NO! Do not send anything to USCIS until they request it. They will have no way of matching it up with the I-129F.

He will receive an RFE for the missing evidence of having met in person, along with anything else he forgot to include with the I-129F package. Does he have all that ready now, to send back as soon as he receives the RFE?

You might want to post a list of things he DID include in the I-129F package, so we can help see if anything else is missing. If the ONLY other things he had in the package were an I-129F and his birth certificate, then he's missing A LOT.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Yes, everything is ready to send off to them as soon as he receives the RFE. (Hopefully it is everything anyway).He has copies of my birth certificate, divorce papers, copy of my passport, my airline tickets and police certificate. He has photos of us and copies of emails and our conversations on Skype. Unfortunately, for some reason or another, he only sent his birth certificate and a short note on how we met with the I-129F.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:52 pm

Yes, everything is ready to send off to them as soon as he receives the RFE. (Hopefully it is everything anyway).He has copies of my birth certificate, divorce papers, copy of my passport, my airline tickets and police certificate. He has photos of us and copies of emails and our conversations on Skype. Unfortunately, for some reason or another, he only sent his birth certificate and a short note on how we met with the I-129F.
At this time, he does NOT need to send in:
Your birth certificate
Your passport copy
Your police certificate
Copies of emails
Conversations on Skype

He NEEDS:
Your final divorce decree
A passport-style photo of you
A passport-style phot of himself
An original G-325A form from you
An original G-325A form from himself
An original signed Statement of Intent from you
An original signed Statement of Intent from himself
Copies of evidence of you having met in person at least once within the past 2 years: Airline tickets are good, copies of passport pages showing entry stamps is good, photos together is good, Anything else that shows you met in person.

Take your police certificate to your interview with you, if your interview date ends up being within 1 year of the date of the police certificate. Take the copies of emails and Skype conversations with you to the interview (a select few, dated across the time you've known each other).

Please go to www.uscis.gov, Forms, I-129F, and READ the instructions! It's all listed in there, it's hard to understand why he missed 99% of what was required in the I-129F package.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jul 28th 2011 at 7:55 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much, you have been such a massive help. I have copied your replies and emailed them to him to make sure he has everything ready to send and knows exactly what to send. I am so pleased I joined this site and wish I had joined before he sent the form in.
Many thanks,
Amberlyra
Old Aug 21st 2011, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Omeka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moxie
California Service Center is approving some early May petitions now. Vermont Service Center is still working on March. Do you know which service center yours went to for processing
I have a petition that was with the receipt date of 08/05/2011 and notice date of 08/08/2011 and was also with california service centre.I quote your comment "California Service Center is approving some early May petitions now. Vermont Service Center is still working on March. Do you know which service center yours went to for processing"What month is CSC approving at the moment and when do you think they will start up with date mentioned above.an adequate information will be appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.