Reload this Page >

K1 Visa Interview Success!!!! :D

Wikiposts

K1 Visa Interview Success!!!! :D

Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Visa Interview Success!!!! :D

Congrats and all the best for your future together!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

kysilver50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Hey everyone! Scott has the visa in his hands! He called me about 30 minutes ago with the news! He said he was the first done with the medical and the first done with the interview. He called me around 5:45 EST to tell me that we had been conditionally approved (pending medical results) so it definitely went fast. He also said the interview was pretty easy. They asked him the fairly standard questions:

1) How did you meet?
2) How long have you been together?
3) What does I (the USC) do?
4) What does he do?
5) When and where do we plan on getting married?

All very straight forward, and he said they didn't even mention anything about the I-134, so I guess there was no issue whatsoever! All that worrying for nothing. Only disappointment was that he forgot to make a trip to the infamous toilet at the Dr's office. Somebody else will need to fill me in on what's so unusual about it.

Thanks everyone for all the help and sanity checks along the way!

Jamie
Congratulations, Jamie....
Great news...and can;'t wait to see pics of that wedding in Gatlinburg...one of the most romantic places...we love the mountains, too.
Patricia
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Hey Jamie

Wey hey hey!!!

Congratulations! Wonderful news, but we DID tell you so...

Ditch the cleaning for now unless you can incorporate it with your happy dance - you'd probably look something like the woman on the Swiffer advert!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kysilver50
Congratulations, Jamie....
Great news...and can;'t wait to see pics of that wedding in Gatlinburg...one of the most romantic places...we love the mountains, too.
Patricia
Thanks Patricia! I've only been to Gatlinburg once, and from what I saw, it looked very nice. I hope we get the time to hike and enjoy the Smokey National Park. Of course we'll be posting some pics on here for everyone to see!

I hasn't really sunk in yet that he'll be here permanently in 2 months!! Any word on when Dutch is getting his interview? I sure hope it's soon!

Jamie
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:25 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Karen D
Hey Jamie

Wey hey hey!!! Congratulations! Wonderful news but we did tell you so...

Ditch the cleaning for now unless you can incorporate it with your happy dance - you'd probably look something like the woman on the Swiffer advert!
Hehehehe! GREAT idea! Of course she'd have to put on her Devo record.........

~SG
(who detests that commercial, btw....)

Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:10 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

yay.. way to go.. congrats to you both.. this chapter is now closed.. onwards and upwards..
Old Feb 17th 2004, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!!!! When is he flying over then??

:PARTY:
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Congratulations!!!! When is he flying over then??

:PARTY:
He's not arriving here until April 17th - which really sucks! Two more months apart! But there are tonnes of loose ends to tie up, i.e. putting in resignation and selling his car. We never imagined we'd get approved this soon! It still hasn't quite set in yet!

Jamie
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:43 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Jamie!!

How could I miss this thread?? Bad bad hyper
I am so happy for your guys!! The waiting apart period is almost over!! Yay yay!!
I have been waiting for so long to shout...
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Let's have a few glasses of apple zider
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:47 pm
Boise, ID

katie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant future

Jaaaaamieeeeee!!!
I'm LATE to this thread!! Oh my GOD what wonderful news for you & Scott!!!! I'm so happy for ya! Get that happy dance goin' & forget about the cleaning - after all, he'll need something to do when he arrives & can't work! Ask him how he likes the "houseboy" title
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by katie4998
Jaaaaamieeeeee!!!
I'm LATE to this thread!! Oh my GOD what wonderful news for you & Scott!!!! I'm so happy for ya! Get that happy dance goin' & forget about the cleaning - after all, he'll need something to do when he arrives & can't work! Ask him how he likes the "houseboy" title
Thanks Katie and Hyper! I've been waiting forever to post this thread! I came up with an even better title than houseboy. It's been our on-going joke that he's going to be my housebitch! I'm soo PC ain't I?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:32 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Katie and Hyper! I've been waiting forever to post this thread! I came up with an even better title than houseboy. It's been our on-going joke that he's going to be my housebitch! I'm soo PC ain't I?
You girls crack me up!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:46 pm
Boise, ID

katie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant future

[i] It's been our on-going joke that he's going to be my housebitch! I'm soo PC ain't I?
That RULES!! and it helps that he's all geared up for it, too...you aren't going to have to coerce him into anything

Have you decided on a uniform yet? I'm thinking a nice apron with the scottish flag or his family tartan on it, to remind him of his roots...and perhaps some american flag patterned rubber gloves, to tie it all together...think he'll be cool with that?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great news. Congratulations. I logged on especially to check on your visa news after you helped me out the other day. I'm happy that it all went through with no problems. Makes me feel better about my interview there tomorrow too!!

Good luck for April and onwards x
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:15 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

He's not arriving here until April 17th - which really sucks! Two more months apart! But there are tonnes of loose ends to tie up, i.e. putting in resignation and selling his car. We never imagined we'd get approved this soon! It still hasn't quite set in yet!

Jamie
Congratulations!!!!

What wonderful news, Jamie. I am truly happy for you both. Don't fret about the two months. You'll need it to prepare and it will go by much faster than you think. Besides, this is a different kind of waiting. It's the "knowing" waiting instead of the "not knowing" waiting. (Makes sense to me anyways.)

Hugs,

Leslie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.