Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Visa Interview Success!!!! :D

Wikiposts

K1 Visa Interview Success!!!! :D

Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 Visa Interview Success!!!! :D

Hey everyone! Scott has the visa in his hands! He called me about 30 minutes ago with the news! He said he was the first done with the medical and the first done with the interview. He called me around 5:45 EST to tell me that we had been conditionally approved (pending medical results) so it definitely went fast. He also said the interview was pretty easy. They asked him the fairly standard questions:

1) How did you meet?
2) How long have you been together?
3) What does I (the USC) do?
4) What does he do?
5) When and where do we plan on getting married?

All very straight forward, and he said they didn't even mention anything about the I-134, so I guess there was no issue whatsoever! All that worrying for nothing. Only disappointment was that he forgot to make a trip to the infamous toilet at the Dr's office. Somebody else will need to fill me in on what's so unusual about it.

Thanks everyone for all the help and sanity checks along the way!

Jamie
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:32 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa Interview Success!!!! :D

Excellent! I had just posted wishing you good luck, and see what happens? Great feeling, innit!

I'll have Mr. P. private message you about the bathroom at the Doc's. Wouldn't want to give away the secret.

So happy for you Jamie, another worry crossed off your list! Getting closer..........tick tick tick.........better get cleaning!

Hugs,
~SecretGarden and Mr. Pink (the newlyweds..... )
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.... !!!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:49 am
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

Congratulations!! Excellent news! We're going thru London as well (we're K3 tho) ... I'm certainly glad we're dealing with that Consulate as they seem very reasonable and kind. Whew!

Time will fly by until April and soon you'll be reunited!

All the best,
Jackie

P.S. Referring to your last thread ... my UK hubby has to give a *3 month* notice at his job as he's been there for 12 years. He just turned it in last week and we don't even have a interview date yet!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:50 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Glad to see your sanity's returned!!!!!!! All the best to you both, and congrats!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrs.jar2b
P.S. Referring to your last thread ... my UK hubby has to give a *3 month* notice at his job as he's been there for 12 years. He just turned it in last week and we don't even have a interview date yet!
Three months!!! Totally outrageous to me! Thank God Scott doesn't have to do that! I hope your interview comes through in time!

Thanks Dutch, SG and Kate. The sanity is slowly returning.. I can hardly sit still here at work! I just want to jump, dance around and tell everyone!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:55 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Blinkin' marvellous. I didn't want to log off til I heard how it went. I bet you're thrilled. I'm totally delighted for you both. Have fun celebrating and it won't be long til you can celebrate together.

Someone PM me the details of the bogs too please.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:55 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13

The sanity is slowly returning.. I can hardly sit still here at work! I just want to jump, dance around and tell everyone!!
Then do it! You've earned it! Time to start allowing yourself to be happy even though it's scary......

~SG
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

That is exactly what I was thinking. Anyone going through that consulate is very lucky indeed. And again this makes me think that a layer of racism permeates this process. Which I guess should not surprise me but I always think that America should be better than this.

Originally posted by mrs.jar2b
Congratulations!! Excellent news! We're going thru London as well (we're K3 tho) ... I'm certainly glad we're dealing with that Consulate as they seem very reasonable and kind. Whew!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

And congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
That is exactly what I was thinking. Anyone going through that consulate is very lucky indeed. And again this makes me think that a layer of racism permeates this process. Which I guess should not surprise me but I always think that America should be better than this.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!! Such wonderful news!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant! Congratulations!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by SecretGarden
So happy for you Jamie, another worry crossed off your list! Getting closer..........tick tick tick.........better get cleaning!

Hugs,
~SecretGarden and Mr. Pink (the newlyweds..... )
Cleaning!!! :scared: That WILL take me the next 2 months to get done! Yikes!

Thanks Michi, Sibs & Noorah!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Congrats. You must be very HAPPY

Angela
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:44 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Fantastic news!

Congratulations to you both. I feel im next in line for an approval!!

Good luck with your new life together

Best wishes

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.