Just Joined

umgoblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Visa, I-129F application contents

K1 Visa, I-129F application contents

Does this look complete?

General stuff
- Cover sheet listing contents, signed by me
- I-129F with appended Statement #19 info
- DC-029 Copies being Valid form, filled out and signed by me (does this need to be notarized?)
- Proof of relationship (10 pictures of us together, 10 emails, 10 chat screen printouts,
printout of video clips, airline tickets, hotel receipts, phone card receipts, xmas gift
receipts, receipt for web cam used to chat, etc.)

Stuff from me (American):
- G-325A for me (I assume I put my name as the Applicant at the bottom?)
- 2 Immigration style photos
- Copies of all pages of my passport (has stamps to show I have been there)
- Copy of my birth certificate
- Signed & notarized Statement of intent to Marry
- Letter of employment

Stuff from fiance (Chinese):
- G-325A for fiance (I assume she puts her name as the Applicant at the bottom?)
- Copies of all pages of her passport (has stamps to show she has been here)
- Piece of paper with her name and address in English and Chinese

The things I think about but haven't included are:
- a copy of her birth certificate as that will take an extra 2 weeks to get, plus translate, plus notarize
- proof of being single document for either of us?
- a statement about copies being valid from her?
- affidavit of support (as I'm pretty sure this is only needed in the Embassy stage)
- copies of my tax returns (also only need with the AOS I believe)
- bank statements or bank letter? (also only need with the AOS I belive)

Any help is very much appreciated!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa, I-129F application contents

I think at some point my middle name might have been 'overkill' but ... so it goes (-: I sent in lot more stuff with the petition than was required.

Below is the cover letter that I used when I filed the I 129F. Hope it helps though it was regards my fiance from Jamaica, WI and not China.

I see on your list that you're sending financials in with the 129 - I did not send tax returns in because it's not required at this stage - those are for the fiance to take to the interview. A few other people have posted the cover letters they've used as well but I can recall who - you should be able to find it though if you search the archs.

To: U.S. Department of Justice
Immigration and Naturalization Service

Re: Petition for K-1 Fiancée for Mr. XXXXX

To whom it may concern:

Enclosed, please find the petition for a K-1 Visa for XXXXX of XXXX. In summary, this petition includes:

*A postal money order for the fee of $
*I-129F petition for alien fiancée
*G-325A biographic information for myself, xxxx
*G-325A biographic information for my fiancée, xxxx
*Copy of my United States passport
*Copy of my, xxxx, United States birth certificate
*2 photos of myself, the petitioner, per M378 specs
*2 photos of my fiancée xxxx, per M378 specs
*Affidavit of bona fide intentions to marry within 90 days of my fiancée, xxxx, arriving the US (one affidavit from each of us)

*Documentation throughout our relationship - that is including, but not limited to: explanation of how we met and details of our relationship, photographs of xxxx and myself, xxxx-fiancée and petitioner respectively, copies of phone bills, copies of personal letters between the two of us over the past 2 years, copies of airline tickets from New York to Jamaica

Should you have any questions at all, you can reach me at anytime with phone numbers (xxx) 555-1212 work (xxx) 555-1212 home.

You can also reach my fiancée at his phone number in xxxxx, xxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx at 876-555-1212.

Thank you for your attention in processing my application. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Ms xxxx

Originally posted by umgoblue
K1 Visa, I-129F application contents

Does this look complete?

General stuff
- Cover sheet listing contents, signed by me
- I-129F with appended Statement #19 info
- DC-029 Copies being Valid form, filled out and signed by me (does this need to be notarized?)
- Proof of relationship (10 pictures of us together, 10 emails, 10 chat screen printouts,
printout of video clips, airline tickets, hotel receipts, phone card receipts, xmas gift
receipts, receipt for web cam used to chat, etc.)

Stuff from me (American):
- G-325A for me (I assume I put my name as the Applicant at the bottom?)
- Copies of all pages of my passport (has stamps to show I have been there)
- Copy of my birth certificate
- Letter of employment

Stuff from fiance (Chinese):
- G-325A for fiance (I assume she puts her name as the Applicant at the bottom?)
- Copies of all pages of her passport (has stamps to show she has been here)
- Piece of paper with her name and address in English and Chinese

- a copy of her birth certificate as that will take an extra 2 weeks to get, plus translate, plus notarize
- affidavit of support (as I'm pretty sure this is only needed in the Embassy stage)

Last edited by janadeen; Mar 5th 2004 at 4:52 am.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by umgoblue

A few comments. The I-134 Affidavit of Support is needed for the Consulate interview, after the I-129F has been approved. You will be including your bank letter/statements and employer letter. Depending on the Consulate you will probably need to include the tax returns or tax transcripts (from IRS) for the I-134 as well. I do think there might be a few Consulates who use the I-864, instead of the I-134. You may want to contact them to find out.

Generally, though, once your fiance is here, you get married and you go to file AOS, that's when you would file the I-864. Which requires much the same info as the I-134.

Good luck!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 2:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't the photos supposed to be ADIT style, and not "immigration" style? You might want to make sure the photos are the 3/4 view ADIT style.

Best wishes!
Rene
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:00 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Quick comment: don't confuse "Proof of having met" with "Proof of relationship". What you have to prove is that you have physically met within the past two years before filing. Emails, cards, etc. will obviously prove that you care for one another but will not prove that you have met in person. Photos, etc. fulfill this requirement.

~SecretGarden