Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 visa - help with proof of relationship?

K1 visa - help with proof of relationship?

Old Sep 15th 2015, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 visa - help with proof of relationship?

Hey all,

Just a question about proof of relationship - we have Skype records of calls, Facebook IM's, texts etc - all that stuff - but is there any specific way that the USCIS likes this to be documented? I mean I could take screenshots of it and all but it seems quite...messy

Thanks
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:15 am
US Citizen / UK Citizen

ScottUK1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 visa - help with proof of relationship?

They won't care about that. All you need is proof of having physically met in the last two years. Pictures together and flight tickets/boarding passes.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah quality mate - do we need to write the dates on the back of the pictures? And also, I don't have my physical boarding passes anymore - but it's all on my BA account under transactions - would that be sufficient?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Colorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond repute

Most people use electronic boarding passes these days. I can't remember the last time I had a paper boarding pass for BA. If you've used the same passport throughout, you can print off a copy of your I-94 record to show your arrivals and departures.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for this - just had a look of the I-94 record - and it looks like theres a departure missing from there? So it has two arrivals in a row, rather than Arrival - Departure - Arrival. Any ideas what I should do about this?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:25 am
US Citizen / UK Citizen

We wrote dates and location on back of pictures but i expect they didn't even look.
Just print off what you can, even just the arrivals show you've been to the US in the last two years. I've been making a point of printing off boarding cards on every trip just to make it easier, but I doubt it'll make a difference either way, Just give them what you can.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Colorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984
Thanks for this - just had a look of the I-94 record - and it looks like theres a departure missing from there? So it has two arrivals in a row, rather than Arrival - Departure - Arrival. Any ideas what I should do about this?
I have that on my record too. It didn't cause a problem on subsequent entries that it looked like I hadn't left. Regular visits is the main thing. They'd be concerned if you were planning to emigrate to marry someone you've only met once.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Great - I imagine its probably a fairly common thing, anyways I've emailed Homeland Security asking how I should proceed - been in touch with BA asking for a receipt, so hopefully it'll all be sorted
Old Sep 15th 2015, 11:01 am
US Citizen / UK Citizen

I really don't think it's a big deal, you don't need to email homeland security about it.
All they specifically need is proof you've met once in the last two years in person.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Already emailed 'em haha - it's not a big deal, just wanted to make them aware haha
Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I've emailed Homeland Security asking how I should proceed...
The response you receive will likely be less satisfactory than you would like.

Never forget that the sole criterion is proof of having met - in person - at least once during the previous two years. Skype logs and IMs do nothing to demonstrate that you met in person. You aren't required to demonstrate proof of an ongoing relationship. Photos together, however, do demonstrate proof of meeting.

Ian
Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Haha - really?

What are your opinions on it, Ian - the I-94 form missing out a departure?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What are your opinions on it, Ian - the I-94 form missing out a departure?
It's irrelevant, and there is no immigration exit control in the US. As always, you seem to be looking for issues where none exist. The plane's manifest will show that you left the US.

Ian