Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Visa Help - Overstay (Help)

K1 Visa Help - Overstay (Help)

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa Help - Overstay (Help)

Originally Posted by evanio1978
You can ask the Consular Officer to start the visa from a more suitable date. As we are getting married in Feb 2006 and I am moving to the US in November he will issue me a visa from June / July.
Wow - this is the first I've ever heard of this. If this actually happens, let us know. In fact, even if it doesn't happen let us know.

Ian
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

evanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura about

When filing I129F it actually asks the USC when you plan to move to the US- a question asked is when your getting married....

My situation is different to the norm - my fiancee lives with me in the UK, which is different to most postings on this site - with the the USC back in the states.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:32 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Umm... I think the OP is a he, not a she! Oh, if only sex changes were that easy!

Ian
Opps I did it again
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:35 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hypertweeky

Whilst i'm excited to move to the US, i'm certainly going to miss the old place. The things you do for love.

I know!! I miss Spain every single day of my life here, I can't even watch spanish soccer, all they play is the premier league which is great for Brits.. but what up with my beloved REAL MADRID!, huh huh??
Thank Colorado for the Nuggs, the Broncos, the Rockies, rapids and of course the Avalanche even though the season is doomed.. DU got their second championship though woooo!! We rule!!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:16 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

When filing I129F it actually asks the USC when you plan to move to the US- a question asked is when your getting married....

My situation is different to the norm - my fiancee lives with me in the UK, which is different to most postings on this site - with the the USC back in the states.
Yes, do come back and let us know how that worked out. I will be surprised - and happy for you - if they really are able and/or willing to do that.

Just out of curiousity, why didnt you do DCF?

Good luck!
Marnee
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
Just out of curiousity, why didnt you do DCF?
Some silly reason ...not being married I expect...
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Reading your posts is a lot like taking a massive dose of fiber! I damn near sh*t myself every time! You really need to post more often... I can handle it.

Ian
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:13 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

You can ask the Consular Officer to start the visa from a more suitable date. As we are getting married in Feb 2006 and I am moving to the US in November he will issue me a visa from June / July.
If this is true, you are the first person that I've read about on this forum who would *WANT* to do this.

Why don't you simply request an interview further out, thus opening up a spot for someone who wants to go sooner?

~SecretGarden
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
If this is true, you are the first person that I've read about on this forum who would *WANT* to do this.

Why don't you simply request an interview further out, thus opening up a spot for someone who wants to go sooner?

~SecretGarden
Methink the embassy are going to do that for him ..when he makes that request...
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:24 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I know that much!! That part of the question was inferred, as how could he answer it without addressing that aspect. I was just being nosey really, because missing an opportunity to DCF is a fairly big deal, I would think. But whatever... another day, another thread.

Marnee
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:35 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
I know that much!! That part of the question was inferred, as how could he answer it without addressing that aspect. I was just being nosey really, because missing an opportunity to DCF is a fairly big deal, I would think. But whatever... another day, another thread.

Marnee
Well, we all know you're mentally ill.

~SG
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:02 pm
Cool Member

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Well, we all know you're mentally ill.

~SG
Dang, my secret is out! And I thought i was covering it so well!

Marnee
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:04 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

evanio,

The I-129f asks this?

You might be thinking of the DS-156 non-immigrant visa application, which asks when the applicant intends to travel to the USA. But it doesn't ask about marriage.

Regards, JEff

Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:06 pm
The Missus

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
evanio,

The I-129f asks this?

You might be thinking of the DS-156 non-immigrant visa application, which asks when the applicant intends to travel to the USA. But it doesn't ask about marriage.

Regards, JEff
OT Response:

good to see you, JEff......

~SG
(Stay away from that Marnee character.......she's dodgy)
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:10 pm

I agree with Marnee, get married darn it!, DCF is the way to go!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.