Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 visa - evidence of support

Wikiposts

K1 visa - evidence of support

Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

purplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud of
Default Re: K1 visa - evidence of support

Hi Loum,

Like Ian said, it's easiest done one form at a time and then doing that form at the time it is needed.

It's easy to get bamboozled with it all because all we want to do is to be with our loved ones

My limited experience with the I-129f process so far is that it's just a sequence of forms to complete interspaced with a lot of waiting Once you get started I'm sure you'll be fine

If I can get this far then anyone can

Everyone is very friendly and helpful on here so just ask away.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Loum is an unknown quantity at this point

well, guys , be prepared to be battered with questions from me...
like erm... where do i start ? haha
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Loum
well, guys , be prepared to be battered with questions from me...
like erm... where do i start ? haha
Assuming that you already have one of us smelly foreigners who has agreed to marry you, the wiki is a good place to start:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/K1

It's all a bit overwhelming at first, but take it one step at a time and you'll be fine.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Loum is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, i do indeed have a smelly american wanting to marry me..

the poor thing
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:27 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

This can be very confusing but most everyone on here is a big help.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:49 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

pk,

You only have to show what you want to show. If what you show is deemed adequate, great. If what you show is deemed inadequate, and there was more that you could have shown but you were too lazy to do the work, you'll be kicking yourself as you do it over again.

Originally Posted by purplekitty
Just a few more questions on the I-134.

1. If I exceed the minimum income level required, do I really need to fill out all the financial questions on the form?

I wrote, "will supply housing, food, clothing, and all other living expenses".

Most people seem to answer "not applicable", perhaps because, as Ian observed, going back some years this section of the form had a notation that it applied only if the visa applicant would be in the USA temporarily.

Based on info in another thread, Question 11 about specific support, it seems that I should put "NO" there. (otherwise, how does one define the kind of support that is inherent in a marriage?)
Regards, JEff
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
pk,
This is cute. My cat's name is PK too. Doesn't stand for Purple Kitty, though. Stands for Pretty Kitty.

Rene
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
This is cute. My cat's name is PK too. Doesn't stand for Purple Kitty, though. Stands for Pretty Kitty.

Rene
Meauxna, your kitty reminds me of the one curled up to me right now
Now I am compelled to post.
The cat in my avi is Alex. Alex PK. I kid you not.
Alex P Kitten, named at the time for Alex P Keaton.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

purplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna

See, introduce cats and cubs into a thread and it's full of chaos and coincidences

We have three cats: Cheekyboots, Monkeytots and Minton - of course, they all get called variations of those names, too

I am more of a dog person but Purplekitty is allergic to them. Anyway, Monkeytots & Minton are like little dogs - they are both approaching 20lbs and can knock this cub out of the way come feeding time
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Must be time to revive the Kitty Avatars! Here's my handsome PK.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

so cute! mines called Gin, he had a brother called Tonic, before that there was Pepsi, Malibu, Sherry and Bacardi

heres his pic: http://pepsichic.deviantart.com/art/...ching-57439442

Last edited by PepsiChic; Apr 7th 2009 at 1:35 am.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

Oh, cat photos!

Gin is beautiful; I love ginger tabbies.

Here's my kitty Darcy:

Last edited by Marty J; Apr 7th 2009 at 1:27 am.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

We'll have to rename this thread The Zoo - every single avatar pic on here is of an animal of some description

Marty, Rene & Pepsichic - they are lovely pics of your lil cats

I miss the 3 lil furry ones although while I'm here in England I have some lovely wild birds in my garden that have become tame that have now become more or less my pets

Thanks for all your replies and help on this thread