Reload this Page >

K1 Visa (Arranged Marriage)

K1 Visa (Arranged Marriage)

Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

sean007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Visa (Arranged Marriage)

Hello all,

I had posted a post regarding apply for my fience for k1 visa. At that time I had not met my fience and was weighing my options. I found out that I had 50-50% chance of getting approved without meeting my fience and this might have delayed my process.

I visited my fience on Jan 19th, 2004 and have my passport stamped and have all my boarding passes. I also have following:

1- Profile of me and my fience
2- Few pictures together when we met
3- Letter from her parents stating that it was an arranged merrage and she will be staying at her relatives when she arrives in US and then she will marry me in US.
4- Print out of our emails. We don't have that many as we usually use the chat.
5- 2 passport size photos from my fience and from me.
6- My divorce settlement from court.

I was confused about #5. I obtained my fience's negatives from back home and developed her photos here in US. Can this cause any problems?

Please advace if this is all I need. How long is it taking these days for an approval through Vermont?

Thank you all in advance.

Sean
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:05 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa (Arranged Marriage)

I really don't want to sound rude or be offensive but if you're doing your own filing you may want to double check the spelling of things to avoid any confusion at USCIS. We know what you mean, but they might not.

Hopefully other people can help with your questions. My case was approved in 8 days but it was very staightforward. We enclosed ADIT style photos for our petition.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

sean007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the advise. It does make sense. I'll be sure to check everything many times before I submit my forms.

8 days? wow, thats real quick. What do you mean by stright forward? Is my case complicated? What does ADIT style mean?

- Sean

Originally posted by sibsie
I really don't want to sound rude or be offensive but if you're doing your own filing you may want to double check the spelling of things to avoid any confusion at USCIS. We know what you mean, but they might not.

Hopefully other people can help with your questions. My case was approved in 8 days but it was very staightforward. We enclosed ADIT style photos for our petition.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:24 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

By straightforward I meant I'm from a "friendly" country, we'd have lots of visits to each other, no overstays and nothing to raise any flags.

ADIT style photos are particular requirements they have. If you do a search on this site and put in ADIT it should bring up the details for you.