Wikiposts

K1 Visa Approved!

Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: K1 Visa Approved!

Originally Posted by Ja5on
i spoke to someone from netflights on the phone a few months ago asking about booking singles and stuff and she told me i should book a return as it's cheaper but i shouldn't tell the airline that i'm not going back as they can refuse to take you......she also told me not to call them and cancel because alot of airlines have a cancelation charge, if you just miss check in then as far as they know you've missed your flight and there isn't anything they can do about that......or book your return date for about 10 months away and maybe you can use it if you wanna head back for any reason.
We're flying with US Airways. My return date is in June. If we don't use the return portion of our ticket (which is highly unlikely) I will be able to apply the value of the return to a ticket to be used within one year. I have done this once before with US Airways. There is a fee to do this but it was still cheaper than booking two single tickets.

I have no intention of telling the airline that we're not coming back but I think it will be quite obvious by the immigrant visas in our passports. I am fairly confident that they will let us fly though. I have also heard various tales of "don't say this and don't say that". The best advice I have ever been given is don't believe everything you hear.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

EddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really nice

Couldn't agree more. The change or ticket charge included on a return ticket still works out cheaper than a single. Even adding an upgrade to either portion is alot cheaper.

Booked a flight with Virgin and they asks for visa details, so booking single was the obvious choice since I have no intention of returning to UK anytime soon. I think they must have caught on already. Added I maybe using excesss baguage with Virgin too, clues are too obvious. For me, I'd just stick to the safety of loosing more money for greater peace of mind.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
I have no intention of telling the airline that we're not coming back but I think it will be quite obvious by the immigrant visas in our passports.
Originally Posted by EddieIp
booking single was the obvious choice since I have no intention of returning to UK anytime soon. I think they must have caught on already. Added I maybe using excesss baguage with Virgin too, clues are too obvious.
The K-1 is still a non-immigrant visa; airline staff don't know the difference.