K1 visa app worries!

Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

NashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud of
Red face K1 visa app worries!

Hi, Me again!
After many evening discussions with my fiance, we have settled on the idea of applying for the K1 visa.

I am wondering how we can prove the vaccinations that we have already had. Which ones on this list are obligatory? (or is it all of them?)

As far as the G325a goes, I have managed to complete it with no problems, I am however, concerned with the talk of 4 pages. The form I downloaded is only one page. Am I to understand that we are to submit 4 (signed) copies of the one page?

As we are applying overseas this is going to be a tricky process. Any assistance or advice at this stage would be greatly recieved!!!

Thanks
Kim
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa app worries!

Originally Posted by Wheretostart
I am wondering how we can prove the vaccinations that we have already had. Which ones on this list are obligatory? (or is it all of them?)
Not "we", just the intending immigrant (the UKC). The USC doesn't need any vaccinations or medical. I'm not up to date on the current requirements.

As far as the G325a goes, I have managed to complete it with no problems, I am however, concerned with the talk of 4 pages. The form I downloaded is only one page. Am I to understand that we are to submit 4 (signed) copies of the one page?
I believe they have recently made the form just 1 page. Don't forget you both need to submit a G-325A with the I-129F.

As we are applying overseas this is going to be a tricky process. Any assistance or advice at this stage would be greatly recieved!!!
You are applying overseas? I'm sorry I don't recall your details. Are you both living in the UK at the moment? So the USC is going to send the I-129F to the US Service Center from overseas? That's fine, no problem...it can be done...but he should use a US address on the I-129F, and make sure he has someone checking his mail in the USA, so you'll know when the NOA's come in.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 14th 2010 at 3:17 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh duh, sorry...I read back and saw that you're the couple in Thailand, and you are the UKC.

OK, so he is going to mail the I-129F to a service center in the USA from Thailand. For sure, make sure he has an address in the USA where someone can be checking the mail for the NOA1 and NOA2.

Just out of curiosity, why did you not want to go the much preferred method of getting married and then filing DCF in Thailand?

Rene
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

NashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Not "we", just the intending immigrant (the UKC). The USC doesn't need any vaccinations or medical. I'm not up to date on the current requirements.

I believe they have recently made the form just 1 page. Don't forget you both need to submit a G-325A with the I-129F.

You are applying overseas? I'm sorry I don't recall your details. Are you both living in the UK at the moment? So the USC is going to send the I-129F to the US Service Center from overseas? That's fine, no problem...it can be done...but he should use a US address on the I-129F, and make sure he has someone checking his mail in the USA, so you'll know when the NOA's come in.

Rene
Sorry my mistake, we are filling the forms in together (well, I am doing them for him - I am the UKC)

I have done my forms, still waiting for him to do his, we have a minor problem in the fact that we cannot locate his (the USC) birth certificate!!!! Oops! We moved house back in April and it could be anywhere (if it is in fact in this country!)

We are in Thailand, the USC has a meeting at the embassy in the morning to find out if we can apply there.

The USC has family looking out for us in the states, so they can pick up any mail at the address there.

Thanks for your help so far!!!
Kim
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:24 pm

I have done my forms
So you've done your G-325A. That's the only form required of you.

still waiting for him to do his
So waiting for him to do the I-129F and G-325A. Don't forget the backup required, which you also have to provide some of.

we have a minor problem in the fact that we cannot locate his (the USC) birth certificate!!!! Oops! We moved house back in April and it could be anywhere (if it is in fact in this country!)
He can use a copy of his US passport to prove US citizenship.

We are in Thailand, the USC has a meeting at the embassy in the morning to find out if we can apply there.
Apply where? You cannot do a fiance visa directly at a US Embassy overseas, it has to be mailed to the USA. The USC can remain outside the USA, but the I-129F package must be mailed to the USA. Only an Immigrant Visa can be done via a US Embassy overseas....not a fiance visa.

Rene
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

So you've done your G-325A. That's the only form required of you.

So waiting for him to do the I-129F and G-325A. Don't forget the backup required, which you also have to provide some of.

He can use a copy of his US passport to prove US citizenship.

Apply where? You cannot do a fiance visa directly at a US Embassy overseas, it has to be mailed to the USA. The USC can remain outside the USA, but the I-129F package must be mailed to the USA. Only an Immigrant Visa can be done via a US Embassy overseas....not a fiance visa.

Rene
This is why we didnt hire the attorney!!! He told us it would all be done here!!!

What backup is required? I have a whole heap of docs that i am trudging through, I need to make myself a check list!!!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:39 pm

This is why we didnt hire the attorney!!! He told us it would all be done here!!!
By any chance, is this the attorney that JEff recommended to you? Did you talk to the attorney that JEff recommended at all?

What backup is required?
It's all in here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Rene
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

By any chance, is this the attorney that JEff recommended to you? Did you talk to the attorney that JEff recommended at all?

It's all in here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Rene
We did speak with Bill White, seems like a really helpful chap! I would suggest that other people out here use him! He was speedy with replys and provided us with some much needed information.

Thanks for the link, I think I just pulled that one up to look at! Fancy that!!!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

We did speak with Bill White, seems like a really helpful chap! I would suggest that other people out here use him! He was speedy with replys and provided us with some much needed information.

Thanks for the link, I think I just pulled that one up to look at! Fancy that!!!
This stuff makes great bedtime reading!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:26 pm

So what's the plan now? You're currently both in Thailand. Your fiance will send the I-129F package to the correct service center in the USA, from Thailand. Then when your semester work is finished, you'll go back to the UK, and he'll come back to the USA? And hopefully by that time you'll be ready to do your side of the visa application from the UK...attend your medical and interview in London? Then once you have the visa in hand, you'll join your fiance in the USA?

Or is he planning to come to stay with you in the UK while you wait?

Make sure you read and understand the affidavit of support that goes along with the K-1 visa ... Form I-134.

You might also look ahead at the affidavit of support that goes along with your adjustment of status once you are in the USA and married....Form I-864.

Your fiance / husband will have to meet certain income requirements, and if he does not, he'll need to find someone to help with the I-134, and a joint sponsor for the I-864.

No rush right now, but something to keep in mind so you're not worried about it when the time comes.

Rene
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

...I am wondering how we can prove the vaccinations that we have already had. Which ones on this list are obligatory? (or is it all of them?)...
This link gives details of which vaccinations are required for those aplying for their visa via the London embassy. So it will give you an idea but you really need to check with the embassy in Thailand.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...cinechart.html
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
So it will give you an idea but you really need to check with the embassy in Thailand.
I don't think the OP will be in Thailand for the medical. I believe she'll be going back to the UK when the semester finishes, which is right about the time the I-129F will be getting approved.

Rene
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the OP will be in Thailand for the medical. I believe she'll be going back to the UK when the semester finishes, which is right about the time the I-129F will be getting approved.

Rene
K, just that reading post 4 it looked as though they might be applying for the K1 (after petition) in Thailand.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:56 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it could get interesting. As Rene says, approval of the I-129f petition could come right about the time Wts is leaving Thailand. Where to put on the petition that the visa will be applied for?

I think if it were me I'd put London.

Vaccinations are not required for a K1 visa. A DS-3025 will be filled out by the Panel Physician, but it's OK if there are missing vaccinations that cannot be waived. Get them prior to adjustment of status.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
K, just that reading post 4 it looked as though they might be applying for the K1 (after petition) in Thailand.

Rene
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Wts,

These two posts seem to contradict each other, but as far as where "it would all be done" is concerned it depends on which of the 2 visas one is referring to - K1 or IV.

Regards, JEff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.