Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

k1 process stumbling along

k1 process stumbling along

Old Mar 11th 2003, 3:17 pm
Kentucky woman i miss you

MASON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k1 process stumbling along

after two years of traveling back and forth across the pond we decide to take the plunge.my future wife posted our i 129f to the texas service centre back in sept 2002,it was sent back three weeks later ,they changed the amount it cost in the days it was in the mail,anyway we rewrote a check for the new amount and dueley sent it off again by ups,recieved 1st noa on 16 oct 2002,ive been back in the uk since that time,not happy,really down ,so i started looking at a few sites again and came across this one,and really think its a great source of info,anyway,yesterday i checked the online status on the us gov site ,and low and behold ,the message had changed .(On March 8, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.)well at least we know something is happening. my question thus far is ,has anyone else got to the first hurdle and had them ask for more info, we did fullfill all their requirements ,and do i start to send in paperwork to the US embassy in london or should i wait?
its all a daunting task and i know we are realy only just starting but you can imaggine how absolutely pis*** off i am just through the long wait away from the most wonderfull woman i have ever met,any words from anyone can only be helpfull even if not what i need to hear.look forward to hearing from new freinds ,
yours in K1 HELL ..... M ....
Old Mar 11th 2003, 5:17 pm
ScarlettHill

Default Re: k1 process stumbling along

Originally posted by MASON
after two years of traveling back and forth across the pond we decide to take the plunge.my future wife posted our i 129f to the texas service centre back in sept 2002,it was sent back three weeks later ,they changed the amount it cost in the days it was in the mail,anyway we rewrote a check for the new amount and dueley sent it off again by ups,recieved 1st noa on 16 oct 2002,ive been back in the uk since that time,not happy,really down ,so i started looking at a few sites again and came across this one,and really think its a great source of info,anyway,yesterday i checked the online status on the us gov site ,and low and behold ,the message had changed .(On March 8, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.)well at least we know something is happening. my question thus far is ,has anyone else got to the first hurdle and had them ask for more info, we did fullfill all their requirements ,and do i start to send in paperwork to the US embassy in london or should i wait?
its all a daunting task and i know we are realy only just starting but you can imaggine how absolutely pis*** off i am just through the long wait away from the most wonderfull woman i have ever met,any words from anyone can only be helpfull even if not what i need to hear.look forward to hearing from new freinds ,
yours in K1 HELL ..... M ....
Hi,

Sorry you're having such a tough time. I haven't dealt with an RFE (Request for Further Evidence) myself but have read on here that once they receive whatever it is it is usually only a week or two to adjudication.

Meanwhile, you can open a provisional file at London embassy NOW. It will cut weeks off your waiting time. You can download all the necessary froms from the London US Embassy website. Read this thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=4283
Then check out the website and shout if you still have questions.

Keep trucking. You WILL get there!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Mar 11th 2003, 5:22 pm
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by ScarlettHill
Hi,

Sorry you're having such a tough time. I haven't dealt with an RFE (Request for Further Evidence) myself but have read on here that once they receive whatever it is it is usually only a week or two to adjudication.

Meanwhile, you can open a provisional file at London embassy NOW. It will cut weeks off your waiting time. You can download all the necessary froms from the London US Embassy website. Read this thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=4283
Then check out the website and shout if you still have questions.

Keep trucking. You WILL get there!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
O and...

Check out:

The K1 FAQ
http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm

and:

http://k1.exit.com/k-1frames.html

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Mar 11th 2003, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Yes send all the paperwork now to open your provisional file!!!
I had an RFE but still went ahead with the paperwork.

My time line is at the bottom of this post.How long it takes??? It depends on what information they want.
Mine was a couple of months to wait but some here has only waited a few weeks

Sal
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:09 pm
Michael Perez

The first thing I would do is find out what the RFE is about, its been 5 1/2
months and you still have not got it yet??
Michael Perez

MASON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > after two years of traveling back and forth across the pond we decide to
    > take the plunge.my future wife posted our i 129f to the texas service
    > centre back in sept 2002,it was sent back three weeks later ,they
    > changed the amount it cost in the days it was in the mail,anyway we
    > rewrote a check for the new amount and dueley sent it off again by
    > ups,recieved 1st noa on 16 oct 2002,ive been back in the uk since that
    > time,not happy,really down ,so i started looking at a few sites again
    > and came across this one,and really think its a great source of
    > info,anyway,yesterday i checked the online status on the us gov site
    > ,and low and behold ,the message had changed .(On March 8, 2003, we
    > mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this
    > case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed.
    > If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days
    > have passed and you have not received the notice, Please contact the
    > service center where you submitted your application during business
    > hours.)well at least we know something is happening. my question thus
    > far is ,has anyone else got to the first hurdle and had them ask for
    > more info, we did fullfill all their requirements ,and do i start to
    > send in paperwork to the US embassy in london or should i wait?
    > its all a daunting task and i know we are realy only just starting but
    > you can imaggine how absolutely pis*** off i am just through the long
    > wait away from the most wonderfull woman i have ever met,any words from
    > anyone can only be helpfull even if not what i need to hear.look forward
    > to hearing from new freinds ,
    > yours in K1 HELL ..... M ....
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com