until my fiance hears about an interview date? Shes in Brazil, and our
approval notice says she will be mailed something. Can someone explain the
process from there?? Thank you

Old May 10th 2004, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: K1 process.

the process after NOA2 (approval of I129F) is as follows:
NVC (National Visa Center) gets the file and does the name check (website is http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html and gives info on that process) - this then takes between a couple days to a couple months to do this background check - then once approved there the file is sent to the US Embassy that your fiance will be having her interview (about 1 week to travel) - they will send out packet #3 to you (about another week), although you can save lots of time by looking on the Embassy website and finding out what docs are needed and download them from the immigration website and have everything complete - you need to send an affidavit of support and supporting documents to your fiance for the interview so you might want to start that now - then once packet 3 is completed by your fiance you send it back saying your ready and they send packet 4 with your interview date - all in all it depends if you do things ahead of time on how long it takes to get everything done - mahir and i were approved april 5 and he had his interview today, may 10th - the reason we were done so quick is that he had his medical and police certificate done in february and he had all of packet 3 complete a month ago - then we kept calling NVC to make sure they got our file and got our case number from them - then once we heard it was sent to ankara he kept calling to see if it arrived there - once he found out he arrived, he didn't even wait for packet 3, he mailed it out to the embassy immediately and then called every other day to ask if it arrived and if an interview could be scheduled - when he finally talked to a pleasant person last tuesday she gave him an interview date of today.....so that's that - i know this was a lot of information at once but we've found that if you're proactive and very prepared that things can move much faster...good luck, any questions, let me know...