Wikiposts

K1 paperwork

Old Sep 6th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 paperwork

LOL, well I think we might be living parallel lives .......... ehhh heartburn, indigestion and ehmmmmmm tummy trouble
Old Sep 6th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyNi
LOL, well I think we might be living parallel lives .......... ehhh heartburn, indigestion and ehmmmmmm tummy trouble
Maybe!! Luckily I didn't need the Immodium, just made me feel better knowing it was there!!

The rennies helped, I like the chewy minty ones (which, btw, are not available in the USA. I have been able to barter many a cookie for a chewy rennie in the USA ). One thing I found a good idea was to have aa bottle of water when going into the embassy (although they made me drink a bit in the security hut to prove that it was nothing more than that )

Last edited by YouWantFriesWithThat; Sep 6th 2009 at 10:36 am.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 12:09 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Point of clarification - a tax return includes W-2s, if some of the income being reported was from employment, and possibly some other things as well such as schedules, attachments, and various 1099s.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
*The I-134 needs the last 3 years tax returns and W2's ....
Old Sep 6th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and still have to confront the whole area of shipping furniture, my precious lil pussy cat and gawd knows what else!

I brought my 5 year old tabby cat with me from UK to USA.

If you fly with American Airlines they let you have the cat in the cabin under the seat infront of you. I believe it made the journey a lot less stressful for my kitty being handled by me and being able to smell and hear me the whole flight. It cost $200 to have the cat in-cabin with me. It would of cost $250 to go into the cargohold or checked luggage.

If your bringing your cat you need to look into the time it'll take to get your cat ready, your cat will need a rabies shot, and then go back 3-4 weeks later to get a blood test and then 2-4 weeks later you should get the results saying that your cat has the rabies vaccine in its blood. Your cat then needs a health check 48 hours before it flies, when you do this you need to get a statement from the vet saying s/he deems the cat "fit to fly"

When you do fly you'll need to carry the blood test/rabies results and the "fit to fly" statement.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

That's really helpful, thanks PepsiC. My little kitty is 17.5 years old it's a real dilemma knowing what might be best for her. She's a little frail in some respects for seemingly strong as an ox in others lol.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

That's really helpful, thanks PepsiC. My little kitty is 17.5 years old it's a real dilemma knowing what might be best for her. She's a little frail in some respects for seemingly strong as an ox in others lol.
NOTE: my first post i said American Airlines - i ment United Airlines not AA!

Your very welcome, i know to well the importance of pets when it came to immigrating to the US, i love my cat very very much so leaving him behind wasnt an option, however my 2 bunnies, i decided given their age (a 8 year old and a 5 year old) and how much stress a small animal could handle - flying them over was not in their best interest so i left them behind. luckily enough my wonderful brother and his fiancee took them in and i get weekly updates and photos of them and the bunnies which makes me feel a lot better about it.

With your cat being so old, its not always an easy call to make. Some people dont believe its fair to travel an older kitty, but at the same time others believe if the kitty is in good health and the vet says its fit to fly then you should if you can take the kitty with you. Especially if you've had her for a long time (or all her life maybe!) because she will be dependant on you a lot by now. being seperated may cause more stress then her being flown over.

if you do bring her with you, i really suggest taking her in the cabin with you. you can get a soft-sided pet carrier for this. for my flight i walked in the airport took my kitty in his pet carrier to the United desk, they called a guy over who walked with me and took me to the check in for "large bags and animals" it was a walled in area with a x-ray machine, i had to take the kitty out the bag and hold him as they scanned the bag, they looked at the rabies certificate and the "fit to fly" statement, said everything was good to go, i put kitty back in the bag. They then took him and said after i go through security to head to my gate and they would bring the kitty around. I got to the gate, and 10 minutes later a smiling lady came up beaming that i had a real looking tiger for a kitty. i boarded the plane put him under the seat in front and that was it!

When i got off the plane i went through POE, got my K1 stuff done, he looked at the kitty wigled his finger at him said what a cute tiger cat and said welcome to america (he even stamped my cats pet passport!)

Last edited by PepsiChic; Sep 7th 2009 at 2:21 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, well I think we might be living parallel lives ..........
Haha, you're not kidding - especially when you consider we drive right by Hampton Roads when we travel across to Virginia Beach!! (we will be based near Fairfax County and then, hopefully, later on in Page County in the Shenandoah Valley
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
if you do bring her with you, i really suggest taking her in the cabin with you.
I'll just add here, that you should also have some consideration for people who may have severe allergies to cats... and who may not be expecting an animal in the cabin.

Ian
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'll just add here, that you should also have some consideration for people who may have severe allergies to cats... and who may not be expecting an animal in the cabin.Ian

I gotta say I'm torn about that issue.

On the one hand, I love cats and think it's great that they allow cats into the main cabin. Astonished and amazed that they allow it, but great.

On the other hand, I personally know at least 3 people who could not sit within 20 feet of any cat, let alone where the dander will be circulating via the air control system on the plane.

So, it's lovely for kitty and owner but I'm still astonished they allow it.......
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Well I suppose if I'm to get her in the cabin I don't mind too much where they make me sit so I'd be happy to move as far away as possible. They could even move me up in to first class and pull the curtain across if there's no-one allergic in there. But, having sold me a ticket for her, I wonder what they'd do if that happened?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy,

I'm sure any cat would feel very at home in first class........although you might quickly find yourself becoming an attendant
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Mandy,

I'm sure any cat would feel very at home in first class........although you might quickly find yourself becoming an attendant
lol, "find yourself becoming.."
That's already the nature of cats. They don't have owners, they have staff.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

You mean more than I am already!? She is a really sweet wee character though. She's really tiny and still looks like a little kitten. She does look malnourished though as she doesn't seem to put weight on anymore even though she eats relatively well - guess it's just old age. To be honest she will settle anywhere as long as she can be with me. She likes to lie right up on my chest or will sleep curled up on my feet - just as long as she has my bare skin awhhhhhh. Ok so now it's official I'm a crazy ole cat lady lol.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Haha, you're not kidding - especially when you consider we drive right by Hampton Roads when we travel across to Virginia Beach!! (we will be based near Fairfax County and then, hopefully, later on in Page County in the Shenandoah Valley
Cool, we'll be almost neighbours - when we move back we're probably going to think of buying or building a bigger house. I think M. wants to move closer to his Dad who is close to Richmond. I'd really like to be by water though. We'll see what happens!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'll just add here, that you should also have some consideration for people who may have severe allergies to cats... and who may not be expecting an animal in the cabin.

Ian
The flight attendants are really very nice and helpful with the whole thing.

There are limited number of spaces of in-cabin pets allowed on the plane (sadly not one in first class!) so you get placed in certain area of the plane.

there are also rules like - kitty cannot be free to roam the cabin, this means she cant come out to sit on your lap either! Many people take the kitties into the disabled toilet to stretch but my opinion is this can cause more stress then good trying to pursaude kitty to get back into the bag - plus all the unusual noises and smells that may scare her!

If there is someone who has a problem with kitty allergies they can call the flight attendant (ive seen this on another flight - which is where i learnt of in-cabin pets) and they get moved to another area of the plane - the gentleman that was allergic to someones kitty on a flight i was on got moved to first class to be furthest away from kitty.

I think thats not a bad deal!

i udnertsand people have allergies, another reason kitty isnt to roam around or be petted, the stiller the kitty the less fur movement!