Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:27 pm
Hazard

Default K1 - Packet 4 from London raises questions

Now I'm getting confused and annoyed. I received packet 4 (or what claimed
to be it today) with a number of problems:

1 - It said there was further info about the medical exam enclosed, but
there was not.
2 - I have got a date of February 2nd for my interview! Thats a whole damned
month away!! That's despite asking for ASAP when I sent my application.
3 - I have been given no time for the visa interview, "8.01am" was crossed
off. The time I have for the medical is 8am.
4 - Where is the paying in slip I'm supposed to pay before the interview?
5 - Why have they sent my double DS-156, IV15, DS-156K and DS-157 back?
6 - Should there be anything else in the envelope I received?
7 - Who can I slap round the face repeatedly, until I feel better?

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

clare009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 - Packet 4 from London raises questions

Originally posted by Hazard

there was not.
Don't panic Hazard!

1. Did you get a Medical History form to fill in and sign? Also, have they given you the address of Doctor Phelan's Office? Is there a list of the vaccinations you need (which you don't need to get until you do your AOS but you can have them done on the day of the interview)? If so, then you should have everything you need. Just fill out the form and sign it and remember to take a copy of your vaccination history and if you have any current medical problems provide information about that.

2. You could try and email the consulate [email protected] and tell them when you would like to leave and politely ask if you can have an earlier date. They may try to accommodate you. Also, if you're missing anything out of Packet for, just let them know, and they will send it to you. I've always had a good response from the consulate via email.

3. You will have to go to the Doctor for the medical examnation at 8am. There is no garuntee how long this will take as it depends how many people there are and if you're first or last in the queue. After the exam you will be told to go straight to the consulate for your interview. Show them the appointment letter as they will be expecting you. I was at the doctor for about 1 anda half hours.

4 . You should have a Paying in slip for Barclays which you need to take to the bank and pay in cash the amount on the slip. You keep 2 copies of the receipt - one for yourself and one for the consulate

5. I suggest you email them about that. They may wish you to hang on to it for the interview - or perhaps you didn't fill everything in. Remember that you should not sign it - you will do that in front of the consular officer at the embassy. What is the DS - 157 form? I didn't need that.

6. Your appointment letter, your medical questionaire, your pay slip and a document with directions as well as a list of all the forms you need to bring with is what you should have in packet 4.

7. I know you are being light hearted, but again I suggest that a) you email the consulate with your questions and concerns and b) you try to be as polite and understanding as possible. I had my name incorrectly spelled on my interview letter and they acknowledged it right away and rectified it. They are only human and make mistakes like any other - however, if they do, they will make sure it's sorted out properly and they are quite friendly to deal with.

Good luck!

Clare
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Hazard is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your response.

I've already emailed them with a toned-down version of this post. However upset I am, I always like to use professionalism in my dealings.

Hopefully I'll get an earlier date, and the medical info required... I didnt get anything about the medical but theres a list of vaccinations on the embassy site, so ive got those.

Now just to wait and hope
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 1:47 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by clare009
What is the DS - 157 form? I didn't need that.
Clare, the DS-157 is a form that the guys have to fill in, that's why you, (and I) didn't get it.

Hazard, I was in the US when my 'packet 4' arrived at my mum's. She forwarded it onto me but due to the strike by Royal Mail it was taking too long to reach me. I emailed the Embassy and asked them to send another packet out to my mum's address and they sent it out without so much as a murmur; they were good as gold.

I don't know why they would have sent you all the forms back, mind you; I only sent in the IV 15 and the DS-230 part 1, the other forms I took with me to my interview.

Best of luck with everything, don't fret, it'll all turn out just fine.

Tam
Old Jan 5th 2004, 4:28 am
Just Joined

This is ridiculous or just plain extreme bad luck.

I've had no reply to my 4 or 5 emails sent to the Embassy since late December.

I'm guessing there's simply a huge backlog, and hoping that they're not ( a ) ignoring me or (b) failing to get my mails.

Last edited by Hazard; Jan 5th 2004 at 4:32 am.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:06 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

there was not.
As somebody who has dealt with US Immigration at the US Embassy in London, may I suggest you chill a little before you have a heart attack and never get to the US.

re: your point 2. Has it occured to you that Christmas has just passed and that the US and the UK had a day off for New Year? So, US Immigration in the Embassy's probably just getting into the swing of things. A month to wait before your interview is a SHORT time, believe me!

I hope you are in a better mood on the day of the medical and interview. You'll make it easier for yourself.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

ralgex is an unknown quantity at this point

This is ridiculous or just plain extreme bad luck.

I've had no reply to my 4 or 5 emails sent to the Embassy since late December.

I'm guessing there's simply a huge backlog, and hoping that they're not ( a ) ignoring me or (b) failing to get my mails.

Hazard,

are you by chance using the vermont service centre? If so, what was the date on your 1st NOA?
Im just trying to get an idea on timing for my interview, Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Erinity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by NC Penguin
As somebody who has dealt with US Immigration at the US Embassy in London, may I suggest you chill a little before you have a heart attack and never get to the US.

re: your point 2. Has it occured to you that Christmas has just passed and that the US and the UK had a day off for New Year? So, US Immigration in the Embassy's probably just getting into the swing of things. A month to wait before your interview is a SHORT time, believe me!

I hope you are in a better mood on the day of the medical and interview. You'll make it easier for yourself.

NC Penguin
I'm Hazard's USC fiance.

Actually, it's over 7 weeks wait between them receiving packet 3 and our date. After asking for a date as soon as possible, and seeing people post here about receiving earlier dates, with their packets arriving at the embassy after ours. We've been patient for this whole process. We were patient when the packet of forms Hazard sent me never arrived, delaying our 129 being sent in. We were patient when thanksgiving delayed our file from getting from Vermont to New Hampshire in a timely fashion. We were being patient about the holidays. However, receiving a letter dated 2 weeks before, with a date that is more than 7 weeks after the letter was dated is just hard.

Perhaps we should relax, however, we've seen each other less than one week in the past 7 months and with this date, Hazard will arrive less than 3 weeks before our wedding date. Yes, it's in time. but barely. And we have e-mails from 12/26 that have not been answered. Well before the day off for New Years.

Not to mention that the medical information was not included. I have the impression that someone just didn't take the time to read over his letter, or even put the correct paperwork together.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ralgex
Hazard,

are you by chance using the vermont service centre? If so, what was the date on your 1st NOA?
Yup. Our 1st NOA was dated October 21st.

Last edited by Hazard; Jan 5th 2004 at 5:25 am.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:21 am
Just Joined

Erinity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ralgex

Hazard,

We're using the Vermont service Centre, and our first NOA was received 10/21 if i remember correctly. I'm not at home to look at my paperwork, I know I have the date within a few days.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:26 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

2 - I have got a date of February 2nd for my interview! Thats a whole damned month away!! That's despite asking for ASAP when I sent my application.
Originally posted by Erinity
Actually, it's over 7 weeks wait between them receiving packet 3 and our date. After asking for a date as soon as possible, and seeing people post here about receiving earlier dates, with their packets arriving at the embassy after ours.
If it makes you feel any better I missed my wedding date - it was scheduled for July 26th and I didn't get my interview until August 29th. My interview date was also about 7 weeks from packet 3 and 3 weeks from packet 4.