Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Medical Info Request

K1 Medical Info Request

Old Mar 24th 2013, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Essexgirl23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Medical Info Request

Hi, I am from the UK and just starting the K1 journey. I have read a lot about the medical requirements but information seems to contradict.

Can anyone tell me what vaccinations I need to have and where I can get them done?

ALSO

I have no idea what I had as a child through school. Should I request documentation from my GP before the medical?

Finally at the interview do they go deep into your medical past or is it more basic?

Any information would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Medical Info Request

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...amination.html

If you need vaccinations, get your GP to do it, it will either be free or cheaper.

Your GP can provide your vaccination history, or you can get a titre test done.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Oh that's great that my local GP can do it - I read on one feed that any missing vaccinations had to be given by a ' Civil Surgeon ' and this was complicated and expensive.

The link was great to in explaining what to expect from the Medical and what to do before hand. Thanks

Do you know what vaccinations are required?
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Essexgirl23
Do you know what vaccinations are required?
Yes. Click on the link Bob provided, scroll toward the bottom of the page, and you will see a link which says "Vaccination Requirements (PDF 144kb)"

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Oh I missed that link -

What happens with the Chicken Pox Vaccine? If it's not avalible here do I just have to get it in the USA? I didn't think it worked if you already had Chicken Pox?

Also I had my MMR when I was a child - I read on another feed that some people needed boosters? Is that true?
Old Mar 24th 2013, 10:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Essexgirl23
Oh I missed that link -

What happens with the Chicken Pox Vaccine? If it's not avalible here do I just have to get it in the USA? I didn't think it worked if you already had Chicken Pox?

Also I had my MMR when I was a child - I read on another feed that some people needed boosters? Is that true?
Did you not read the info?

You are exempt from the vaccine if you have had chicken pox. Your medical records should say this but you will be asked anyway.

Same goes for MMR, the form tells you what you need and the age ranges for them, so you either do or don't.

The booster jab is more likely related to the tetanus jab as that's only good generally for 10 years. A titre test will show if you're still good or not though.