K1 Interview Prep!

Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

MsWheels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Interview Prep!

Hi Everyone!

Trying to stay calm... I have my Fiances 3 most recent tax returns (2006, 2007, 2008).

1- Will he have 2009 tax return yet?
2- Does it matter that the 2008 return states he earned almost nothing (he was finishing his degree)?
3- He earns enough now, but will a statement of earnings from his employer + bank statement be enough to approve this?

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Interview Prep!

Originally Posted by MsWheels
1- Will he have 2009 tax return yet?
If your interview date falls after the time he filed 2009 taxes, then yes, he'll have it, and should send a photocopy to you, so you can bring it to the interview.

2- Does it matter that the 2008 return states he earned almost nothing (he was finishing his degree)?
It might. They are supposed to go more by current income, but they also look at past earning history.

3- He earns enough now, but will a statement of earnings from his employer + bank statement be enough to approve this?
If he's using income on the I-134, he doesn't really need to show bank statements. If he's using assets in the form of cash in the bank, then bank statements are helpful. Of course it doesn't hurt to include bank statements if you have them, but bank statements don't prove his current income.

The letter from his employer plus a few current pay stubs will prove his current income.

Rene
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

MsWheels is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help!

I suppose there is nothing we can do about the low earnings on 2008. Hopefully they can see it was due to his circumstances with being at university and go off his current earnings through the other documents.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsWheels
Thanks for the help!

I suppose there is nothing we can do about the low earnings on 2008. Hopefully they can see it was due to his circumstances with being at university and go off his current earnings through the other documents.
The only other thing I could suggest is to get a joint sponsor, and take along his/her documents as backup just incase they dont accept your fiancees.

The Conoff that did my application went off of what was on the latest tax return and not the other documents i provided showing all the income (some of which wasnt taxable and therefore not on the tax return) but the conoff wouldnt accept any of it and said it was the amount on the most recent tax return that they went off of.

I could of had a bad conoff, i dont know. but it wasted a lot of time getting another sponsor, getting all the documents sent to me, to then send to the embassy with their slip of paper.

Id say take a backup sponor just incase!