Wikiposts

K1 Interview hold ups

Old May 22nd 2008, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Garfield2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Interview hold ups

I phoned the helpline yesterday morning to clarify everything and I got different advice. The girl was quite helpful but said NOT to mail in a new form. She gave me a code and told me to email them. This I did. It'll be about 3 or 4 working days for a reply. I assume they will just say send it again but who knows. I'm planning for the worst and hoping for the best.
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:22 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Garfield2012
I phoned the helpline yesterday morning to clarify everything and I got different advice. The girl was quite helpful but said NOT to mail in a new form. She gave me a code and told me to email them. This I did. It'll be about 3 or 4 working days for a reply. I assume they will just say send it again but who knows. I'm planning for the worst and hoping for the best.
I don't know how much stock I'd hold in 'the girl's' answer. The folks who answer the phone are in Scotland, and are notorious for giving out bad information. All emailing will do is cause you more time to wait.

To my knowledge, they will not schedule an interview without that checklist in their hands. I'd just send a new one and be done with it.
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:56 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyTN
I don't know how much stock I'd hold in 'the girl's' answer. The folks who answer the phone are in Scotland, and are notorious for giving out bad information. All emailing will do is cause you more time to wait.

To my knowledge, they will not schedule an interview without that checklist in their hands. I'd just send a new one and be done with it.
We emailed the embassy just to find out about an interview date . We didn't email any forms. I agree about the bad info on the phone. It's just a call center in Scotland. Not the embassy itself. It's also expensive and they can't help you alot of the time
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:57 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyTN

The checklist needs to have a signature on it so how can you email it in?
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You have to call the Call Center in Scotland to get a code to use in your email if you want it to reach the eyeballs in London. They are trying to manage how many emails they receive.
No one said anything about emailing the form in.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
You have to call the Call Center in Scotland to get a code to use in your email if you want it to reach the eyeballs in London. They are trying to manage how many emails they receive.
No one said anything about emailing the form in.
Sorry I thought she meant emailing the forms in.
Old May 29th 2008, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

I just received 'package 4' today and I only sent in my ready for interview checklist on the 16th, just under two weeks ago. My interview is July 11th.
I don't know whether it made any difference but I put a covering letter in with the checklist to inform them dates I was on holiday but that I could make any other date. Also, my fiance is scheduled for a deployment beginning in September so I asked them to take that into consideration. I think the embassy really does try to help you out if you give them information in a cover letter (a very brief one though!) about your availability or any legitimate reason for them to expedite it.
Old May 30th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point

I've talked to the help line and they have told me that my V15 hasn't been recored as arriving, despite me having a receipt saying they signed for it on the 15th of March. So now I ahve to send it again. However, the V15 is a checklist. It's just a page of information. Is there supposed to be more to this document on the website? There's nothing on the website form to sign or fill in or tick. The form I was sent with my package was more comprehensive. All I ahve left of my original package is the medical locaion and details.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...v/docs169.html

DD.
For me, it is not easy to understand why the US Embassy in London works inefficiently. If IV-15 is that important for the interview, they should make an extra mention of it that help applicants to send it back with other documents.
Old May 30th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by janet82
I just received 'package 4' today and I only sent in my ready for interview checklist on the 16th, just under two weeks ago. My interview is July 11th.
I don't know whether it made any difference but I put a covering letter in with the checklist to inform them dates I was on holiday but that I could make any other date. Also, my fiance is scheduled for a deployment beginning in September so I asked them to take that into consideration. I think the embassy really does try to help you out if you give them information in a cover letter (a very brief one though!) about your availability or any legitimate reason for them to expedite it.
Lucky you!! I sent my P3 0n 29th of March and I didn’t received any response form embassy. I called them the end of April and was told I had to send IV-15. I sent it on 1st of May, got email from embassy that they had received all the documents need for the interview on 23d of May, and said I would be given my interview date shortly. However, I haven’t got any letter so far. I am really paranoid!!!
Old May 30th 2008, 10:12 pm
Honorary Texan

tom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to all

I don't know if you resolved your problem yet, but you need to send in a DS-2001 form along with your checklist..
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...2001.html#2001
I found this out the hard way when they requested it from me after I sent the IV-15.. they gave no mention in my packet 3 that I needed to fill it out... In fact, when I phoned the embassy, they didn't know what an IV-15 was. Enough said I think.

Apologies if this was already covered and resolved!
Old May 30th 2008, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: K1 Interview hold ups

I also sent a DS-2001, but the embassy said that I had not needed to send as it is for immigrant visa applicants. I checked the post box just before and I found P4!!! My interview date is on 24th of June!
Old May 31st 2008, 2:30 am
Honorary Texan

tom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ikehasu
I also sent a DS-2001, but the embassy said that I had not needed to send as it is for immigrant visa applicants. I checked the post box just before and I found P4!!! My interview date is on 24th of June!
I think the problem with the K1 is that "technically" it's a non-immigrant visa, but in practice it is effectively an immigrant visa, and you go through the immigrant visa branch of the embassy.