Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 INTERVIEW HAS LEFT ME BAFFLED

Wikiposts

K1 INTERVIEW HAS LEFT ME BAFFLED

Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:26 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 INTERVIEW HAS LEFT ME BAFFLED

Originally Posted by fogga4000
He never actually asked for the 1040 but he ticked it off on the sheet he gave me. The one he specifically asked for and hand wrote above that section was the "w2 from 2007". It's too late to get it notarized now as I sent it this morning but am working on getting the originals(and notarizing them) asap. Although including getting them sent here, I'm guessing that will take the best part of 3 weeks. The annoying thing from my point of view, is that I had two of her pay stubbs which include all her taxes and deductions which I would of thought would be adequate.
I'm not sure I understand all that.. you have now submitted a copy of the 2007 W-2 to the Consular Officer, correct?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

fogga4000 will become famous soon enough

My fiance scanned her w2 and sent her online 1040 both of which I printed off and sent in this morning via a courier at around 11:00am. I guess if you need them notarizing or the original they'll send them back.
I'm going to get my fiance to apply for the all the originals just in case.
Sorry if I've confused anyone but I'm typing these pretty quick as I'm still at work
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used my own money for the K1.

London allow it for the I 134
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:07 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

My fiance scanned her w2 and sent her online 1040 both of which I printed off and sent in this morning via a courier at around 11:00am. I guess if you need them notarizing or the original they'll send them back.
I'm going to get my fiance to apply for the all the originals just in case.
Sorry if I've confused anyone but I'm typing these pretty quick as I'm still at work
ok, just making sure you did get it to him.. what you sent 'should' be sufficient.

Notarizing means witnessing the signature, which is something that can not be done for tax returns already filed. I wouldn't worry about notarizing. (and the transcipts would cover that requirement)
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

We did it this way because we thought it was the easiest way and the way the majority seem to do it(or at least from what I've read). I have no idea of the self supporting thresholds and dont really want to go down that route unless we have too
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks meauxna. I guess it's just a question of waiting and seeing now really.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:18 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I guess if you need them notarizing or the original they'll send them back.
They'll never get the originals... the IRS has them!

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:27 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
ok, just making sure you did get it to him.. what you sent 'should' be sufficient.

Notarizing means witnessing the signature, which is something that can not be done for tax returns already filed. I wouldn't worry about notarizing. (and the transcipts would cover that requirement)
I got my 2007 IRS transcript notarised at my bank. The notary had me write that I swear that this is a true copy of my 2007 IRS tax transcript on it and sign and print my name. She then notarised it.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I got my 2007 IRS transcript notarised at my bank. The notary had me write that I swear that this is a true copy of my 2007 IRS tax transcript on it and sign and print my name. She then notarised it.
In general, though, transcripts to not need to be notarized. Transcripts are official from IRS and are accepted as is by the embassy.

Rene
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:30 am

Well that is certainly thorough!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:35 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I figure with everything going on with immigration nowadays I would rather be over cautious! Maybe I'm a bit paranoid too!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I figure with everything going on with immigration nowadays I would rather be over cautious! Maybe I'm a bit paranoid too!
Welcome to the AR club! LOL
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Welcome to the AR club! LOL
lol, I sense a new Secretary General in our midst....
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:56 pm

Not to sound stupid but wht's AR mean?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Lillith will become famous soon enoughLillith will become famous soon enough

Not to sound stupid but wht's AR mean?
my guess was anally retentive..having a hubby that is a little AR himself. i'm more OCD myself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.