Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 INTERVIEW HAS LEFT ME BAFFLED

Wikiposts

K1 INTERVIEW HAS LEFT ME BAFFLED

Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:11 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 INTERVIEW HAS LEFT ME BAFFLED

Originally Posted by Noorah101
californian,

It's probably better to start your own separate thread with this question, since this thread is for K-1. You are asking about K-3, which is different. If you like, I can separate it out for you, or you can start your own new thread. It's just better not to mix up information on a K-1 and K-3 in the same thread...it gets very confusing for others.

Rene
From his/her previous reply their assume the OP is married already when in fact their post clearly states Fiancee and K-1.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
From his/her previous reply their assume the OP is married already when in fact their post clearly states Fiancee and K-1.
this is true . . . I did say *to join your wife*, when I should have said *to join your fiance*. I hope this doesn't cause confusion to future readers
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

fogga4000 will become famous soon enough

I got them emailed through yesterday and sent them this morning but am now worried they have to be notarizaed, does anyone know if this is definately the case or is it just a question of waiting and seeing? I get the feeling this is going to be a long drawn out process
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fogga4000
I got them emailed through yesterday and sent them this morning but am now worried they have to be notarizaed, does anyone know if this is definately the case or is it just a question of waiting and seeing?
As Rene previously stated, copies of your fiance's 1040 + W-2s should be fine.

The I-864 asks for tax transcripts (which can be acquired from the IRS) or copies of the return and corresponding W-2s. Many people suggest using the requirements of the I-864 as a guide for the I-134 --- thus the above should be just fine.

I get the feeling this is going to be a long drawn out process
Don't worry . . . it will be resolved soon!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I got them emailed through yesterday and sent them this morning but am now worried they have to be notarizaed, does anyone know if this is definately the case or is it just a question of waiting and seeing? I get the feeling this is going to be a long drawn out process
Photocopies (or scans) do not need to be notarized.

Let's hope he doesn't ask to see the originals.

Rene
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

The 1040 is straight from the computer as she filed it online(i think) and the w2 is a scan she's emailed me. I hope these are adequate otherwise it's back to the drawing board I guess.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Jengreg is an unknown quantity at this point

best to give them what they want. Our interview was spent discussing the Interveiwers job preferences prior to his current job!! He was very nice but when we had finished I thoguht of all the angst and over preparation I had done - when he virtually rubber stamped us without any questions
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The 1040 is straight from the computer as she filed it online(i think) and the w2 is a scan she's emailed me. I hope these are adequate otherwise it's back to the drawing board I guess.
Not back to the drawing board!

Tax transcripts are the easiest and cheapest form of required evidence to get. Have your USC call and order the past 3 years today and she'll have them within a couple of weeks. You're going to need them later; may as well order them now while thinking about it.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

I was just thinking the same thing. Otherwise if we do need them we'll have just wasted another week.
Cheers
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Not back to the drawing board!

Tax transcripts are the easiest and cheapest form of required evidence to get. Have your USC call and order the past 3 years today and she'll have them within a couple of weeks. You're going to need them later; may as well order them now while thinking about it.
If your fiance calls the telphone number listed on IRS website she may be able to request the IRS fax the transcripts to her (or to you, for that matter). I have heard of others doing this previously but you'll have to double check that they still do this.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Good thinking californian. Cant hurt to ask at least. All this is starting to fry my brain. I'm sure we'll get there in the end, it's just the waiting as much as anything
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:01 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by californian
Don't worry . . . it will be resolved soon!
You don't know that... although you might *hope* it to be true.

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, this is usual. It's an embassy requirement that they need to see her most current 3 years of tax returns. Her best bet is to get tax transcripts directly from IRS, they are free and they don't take long to obtain. She can get them by fax right away, I believe. I don't think W-2's are needed if she uses tax transcripts, but just to be sure, she should go ahead and include copies of the W-2's as well.

Best Wishes,
Rene
I'm confused When i was interviewed in January i did not need any tax returns at all. All that i supplied was a completed I-134, a couple of my fiancees pay stubs, a letter from her employer and the last couple of years W-2s.

I'm pretty sure that there is no requirement for the last three tax returns (1040) at the visa interview stage - however a copy of latest 1040 is recommended as one of the minimum of two types of evidence needed to support an I-134. http://www.exit.com/~frank/Visa/of167.htm

I'm sorry to hear about the OP's woes, hopefully it can be rectified asap.

I guess if i were going through this again i'd play it safe and take notarized tax returns just in case.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:32 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lofty79
I'm confused

I guess if i were going through this again i'd play it safe and take notarized tax returns just in case.
Exactly. The point is, 'requirements' seem to have changed and there are a few interview reports currently calling for these docs.
The only real way to hedge your bets is to take everything with you.

Tax returns generally aren't notarized, despite what the instructions say.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

He never actually asked for the 1040 but he ticked it off on the sheet he gave me. The one he specifically asked for and hand wrote above that section was the "w2 from 2007". It's too late to get it notarized now as I sent it this morning but am working on getting the originals(and notarizing them) asap. Although including getting them sent here, I'm guessing that will take the best part of 3 weeks. The annoying thing from my point of view, is that I had two of her pay stubbs which include all her taxes and deductions which I would of thought would be adequate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.