Reload this Page >

k1 I-129F QUICK QUESTION

k1 I-129F QUICK QUESTION

Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:53 am
Just Joined

DB10AFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k1 I-129F QUICK QUESTION

Hi All,

USCIS have now approved my k1 I-129F application and referred it over to the embassy in London. Can anyone give me an idea of how long I should expect to wait until they contact me with further instructions? Also, how long approximately should I have to wait for my interview? I’m hoping I’m only a matter of weeks away from completing the whole process, am I wrong?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k1 I-129F QUICK QUESTION

Originally Posted by DB10AFC
Hi All,

USCIS have now approved my k1 I-129F application and referred it over to the embassy in London. Can anyone give me an idea of how long I should expect to wait until they contact me with further instructions? Also, how long approximately should I have to wait for my interview? I’m hoping I’m only a matter of weeks away from completing the whole process, am I wrong?

Many thanks!
Try looking up some recent K-1 posts on here to get an idea of time frames. I think you are looking at another 2 - 3 months, depending on how fast YOU can return things to the embassy, etc.

Rene
Old Aug 1st 2011, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I’m hoping I’m only a matter of weeks away from completing the whole process, am I wrong?
Rene's got it right... you're still looking at another 2-3 months before your interview. Have you got your ACPO certificate? You'll also need a medical, but you can't do that until you have both the ACPO certificate and your LND case #.

Ian
Old Aug 1st 2011, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both

I'm sending off for my ACPO certificate today so should recieve in roughly 2 weeks. I haven't been contacted by the London embassy yet with any refernce numbers or instructions. USCIS approved the application on 26th July.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 2:24 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

It should be noted many government employees take "annual leave" [aka "vacation" in realpeoplespeak] in late Summer. Also, there is a rotation of the AmCit employees at that time. This has a tendency to slow things down a tad.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Thank you both

I'm sending off for my ACPO certificate today so should recieve in roughly 2 weeks. I haven't been contacted by the London embassy yet with any refernce numbers or instructions. USCIS approved the application on 26th July.
my police cert was about 3 weeks ish I think
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both

The NVC will send a letter to the petitioner saying they have forwarded the case to London. It will contain the new LNDxxxxxxx case number they assign. Get it sooner by calling the NVC and speaking to a person, not the automated system.

It'll take London maybe 3 weeks to acknowledge your case is there. They send you a letter saying your instructions are on their webpage. Here it is, so get started. http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the help!

I called the NVC but they said that the notice hadn't arrived with them yet (it takes 15 working days) so they couldn't give me a LND case number. I'll try again next week and get the other bits and pieces together in the meantime.