Reload this Page >

K1 filed! now to wait for [insert timeframe here]

Wikiposts

K1 filed! now to wait for [insert timeframe here]

Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

GrappleGoddess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 filed! now to wait for [insert timeframe here]

I'm the UK fiancée, our US lawyer finally filed the application today.

He is certain we will be done by May/ June although I can't see how that is possible? Everything I have read is looking at 8 months on average?

He has been extremely thorough and has collected a ton of information and documents from us.

He tells us the next stage is getting our case number from USCIS, wait about 3 months for approval then its over to the US embassy in London.

it all seems too easy.... or is that my cynical Britishness??
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 filed! now to wait for [insert timeframe here]

Well, you have the whole overall picture correct, and overall it seems easy, yes. Don't forget though, that there are details...you will need to fill out your K-1 visa application forms (found on the US Embassy in London's website). You'll need to get a police report. You'll need to have your medical done. You'll need to go to the visa interview.

I'd say 3 months for the I-129F approval is a bit optimistic; it can take up to 5 months or so for approval (see another current thread here where they filed the I-129F in August 2011 and are still waiting for approval).

The whole process takes about 6 - 8 months total, if you don't receive any RFE's. So if you just filed the I-129F, you can expect to get your K-1 visa around June - August 2012.

Rene
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrappleGoddess
He is certain we will be done by May/ June although I can't see how that is possible?
I can see the I-129F being approved by May/June 2012, but not the entire K-1 visa process.

Rene
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

GrappleGoddess is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Rene, just from observing this forum those were the timings I had initially expected, which is why his surprised me so much.