Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1, experience with vaccination supp?

K1, experience with vaccination supp?

Old May 7th 2001, 11:30 am
Rebecca H. Allen

Hi,

We are about to file for AOS...I am pretty sure that my k1 husband does not need a
medical exam repeated, but what about that statement on the 485 instructions that a
vaccination supplement may be requested, any news??

thanks!

Old May 7th 2001, 2:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rebecca,

The instruction is saying that a copy of the vaccination supplement form that the doctor filled out at the medical exam for the K-1 visa should be sent in with the I-485 AOS application. Your husband should have been given a copy of the completed vaccination supplement form.

Regards, JEff
Old May 7th 2001, 5:23 pm
Rebecca H. Allen

Ummm...they took everything in the sealed brown envelope (which I assume contained
the medical exam and vacc supp) at the port of entry, no paperwork from the medical
exam was given to us at any time.

We are filing AOS in person in Boston. I called the INS national info line, they said
that they "may" require a vacc supplement at the time of AOS filing, if so they would
send us the form or something, they sounded like they know we dont' have access to
the form and our medical exam done in the foreign country. I dont' understand
really...that does not seem to jive with what you are saying

thanks becca

jeffreyhy wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 7th 2001, 9:33 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Becca,

I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you, then. My wife (then fiancee) was given her own a copy of the vaccination supplement, entirely separate from whatever medical forms from the examination went into the Sealed Brown Envelope.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Rebecca H. Allen
Ummm...they took everything in the sealed brown envelope (which I assume contained
the medical exam and vacc supp) at the port of entry, no paperwork from the medical
exam was given to us at any time.

We are filing AOS in person in Boston. I called the INS national info line, they said
that they "may" require a vacc supplement at the time of AOS filing, if so they would
send us the form or something, they sounded like they know we dont' have access to
the form and our medical exam done in the foreign country. I dont' understand
really...that does not seem to jive with what you are saying

thanks becca

jeffreyhy wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Old May 8th 2001, 1:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rebecca

I believe the vaccination supplement you are talking about is the one that SOME INS offices require of K-1 recipients if their AOS interview is over 12 or 15 months after their medical. I know this is the case for Newark, NJ.

It is not the same as the vaccination supplement that you had to complete for the K-1 medical.

Rita

JeFF ... Jim was given a copy of his vaccination report from the INS medical in Ottawa but was not required to give it to the INS office at the time of our AOS interview.
Old May 8th 2001, 2:53 pm

Rete,

I presumed that Becca was asking about the following item from the I-485 instructions:
"Initial Evidence.
You must file your application with the following evidence:
* [actually a big dot] Medical examination...
-- Fiance(e)s: If you are a K-1 fiance(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical exam within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiance (e) [sic] visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application."

Like Jim, my wife and stepson were given copies of their vaccination supplements from their K-1 and K-2 medical exams. In accordance with the I-485 instruction quoted above they submitted a copy of those vaccination supplements with their I-485 application. Apparently, Becca's husband was not given a copy of his vaccination supplement, or he doesn't realize that he has it hidden away somewhere with his other paperwork.

My wife and stepson are using the Cherry Hill INS office, a sub-office of Newark. Although their receipts for their I-485 filings estimate 390 and 330 days until their respective interviews, all indications are that it will be much longer than that. I will report back on what is asked of them wrt the vaccination supplements after the interviews take place. If I still remember by then!

Regards, JEff
(that's capital E, small ff)

Originally posted by Rete
Rebecca

I believe the vaccination supplement you are talking about is the one that SOME INS offices require of K-1 recipients if their AOS interview is over 12 or 15 months after their medical. I know this is the case for Newark, NJ.

It is not the same as the vaccination supplement that you had to complete for the K-1 medical.

Rita

JeFF ... Jim was given a copy of his vaccination report from the INS medical in Ottawa but was not required to give it to the INS office at the time of our AOS interview.
Old May 9th 2001, 12:01 am
Rete

JEff

When we got the AOS notice of pending interview date we also received the full
medical form and a new supplement form. For that reason I am assuming they mean this
supplement form and not the one "sometimes" given to K-1 recipients by the INS doctor
in the foreign country.

I say this because some of the recipients don't get all the shots that are required
at the time of the K-1 and have to have the second or third in a series after their
entry into the US.

Think we are on different wave lengths here.

Rita

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 9th 2001, 1:54 pm

Rete,

Agreed, we are on different wavelengths.

In the original post, Rebecca said that she was preparing to file for AOS and asked about an instruction on the I-485 form. So I addressed that question, what should be submitted with the I-485, not the issue of what might be asked for later on at the time of the AOS interview.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Rete
JEff

When we got the AOS notice of pending interview date we also received the full
medical form and a new supplement form. For that reason I am assuming they mean this
supplement form and not the one "sometimes" given to K-1 recipients by the INS doctor
in the foreign country.

I say this because some of the recipients don't get all the shots that are required
at the time of the K-1 and have to have the second or third in a series after their
entry into the US.

Think we are on different wave lengths here.

Rita

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >