Wikiposts

k1 denial

Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: k1 denial

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
regardless of where i get my mail delivered to, I am listed at residing at one place, have a lease agreement and have made over a years worth of payments on time for this apartment, its not like i pay rent for something i dont live in!

they saw everything they needed and requested, including information that showed I lived in a different location. Just for the sake of haha's im also including a letter from my landlord. had we known the insurance wouldve been brought up, we wouldve gotten it sooner, had we known that because my mother "meets in the income guidelines but has 2 dependents therefore she can not sponsor" I would have found someone else 8 months ago to agree to this, who didnt have dependents!

how absurd, that was a slap in the face when he told james, oh yeah she meets the guidelines but because she has 2 dependents she cant sponsor you......why have the guidelines there if theyre not even followed!

If my friends mother is denied to be the sponsor, then all of this has been a horribly expensive waste of time. My son will have to live with seeing his father a total of 180 days a year, and that can only happen as long as the IO lets him through on a VWP, there goes any chances of all 3 of my sons having a father in their lives, the 2 older being adopted by him, we wont ever be able to go to the uk except in the summer times but with that being said, theres no way we can afford upwards of 6 plane tickets a year. *shrugs* lesson learned, one person can ruin an entire families lives in a matter of minutes even when theyve gone to great lengths to this legally and cost effectively.

He should have just married me on the VWP while he was here and we should have just risked the AOS process.

sorry for the ran im a bit exhausted at the moment.
Hi:

<sigh>. You continue to waste energy on being mad at the ConOff. Also, when you spoke to the "the State Department" and "she said" -- I could not but help think that there is only ONE woman who can be called "the State Department" and her first name is Hillary. However, somehow, I get the impression that is not who you talked to.

We have told you that we all hear your anger, frustration, etc etc. Believe me, immigration legal types go through it all the time -- and we are allowed five minutes to rant.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:11 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

ap,

to be brutally honest, you continue to look at the situation from your own point of view. If you want to be successful you have to look at it from the consular officer's point of view - an independent 3rd party, as we are, but one whose job requires them to be doubtful.

The information you've given sends mixed signals. You may not have realized that before, but by now you should.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
regardless of where i get my mail delivered to, I am listed at residing at one place, have a lease agreement and have made over a years worth of payments on time for this apartment, its not like i pay rent for something i dont live in!

they saw everything they needed and requested, including information that showed I lived in a different location. Just for the sake of haha's im also including a letter from my landlord. had we known the insurance wouldve been brought up, we wouldve gotten it sooner, had we known that because my mother "meets in the income guidelines but has 2 dependents therefore she can not sponsor" I would have found someone else 8 months ago to agree to this, who didnt have dependents!

how absurd, that was a slap in the face when he told james, oh yeah she meets the guidelines but because she has 2 dependents she cant sponsor you......why have the guidelines there if theyre not even followed!

If my friends mother is denied to be the sponsor, then all of this has been a horribly expensive waste of time. My son will have to live with seeing his father a total of 180 days a year, and that can only happen as long as the IO lets him through on a VWP, there goes any chances of all 3 of my sons having a father in their lives, the 2 older being adopted by him, we wont ever be able to go to the uk except in the summer times but with that being said, theres no way we can afford upwards of 6 plane tickets a year. *shrugs* lesson learned, one person can ruin an entire families lives in a matter of minutes even when theyve gone to great lengths to this legally and cost effectively.

He should have just married me on the VWP while he was here and we should have just risked the AOS process.

sorry for the ran im a bit exhausted at the moment.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:36 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Mixed signals? how so?

i dont qualify to sponsor him ( i provided tax transcripts to show I lived in MT and NY and claimed both of my sons on said forms even last yrs tax return ), so i get a co sponsor who happens to be my mother who has an income of 36k+ a year, owns a house valued over 250k, provides a letter from the law firm that she has been employed at for nearly 20 yrs, provides bank statements, tax transcripts etc etc, is now, 9 grand over the minimum requirement, but is denied because she has "dependents" both of which are no longer l\dependents because the 18 yr old is working and my mother cant claim her any longer on tax returns. So "technically speaking" its my mother making 36k a year with just HER and my fiance to support. ( this is clearly evident on the affidavit and the tax transcripts and even pointed out by my fiance in the interview...

I show that i have my own place, yet all of my mail goes to my mothers home, which is 2 blocks from where I live, same zipcode in our nice lil village, were not even in a town or a city.

so because of the proximity I live to my mother, he can mistakenly assume there is a single house hold of 8 and that she supports me and my 3 sons.....and the tax transcripts clearly show filed in NY in Care of my mother. I had just moved back to NY at that time and I was looking for housing then.

but whatever the decision is his to make and ive gathered the information theyve requested and got the crappola they want....maybe my situation all be it not unique or special to anyone else, may help someone else in the future...trying to stay positive.