Wikiposts

k1 denial

Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:19 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default k1 denial

They said my mother's joint sponsorship isnt good enough because she has 2 dependents, even though shes 16 k over the poverty guidelines...and he has to have a years prepaid health insurance.

I dont know what to do.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k1 denial

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
They said my mother's joint sponsorship isnt good enough because she has 2 dependents, even though shes 16 k over the poverty guidelines...and he has to have a years prepaid health insurance.

I dont know what to do.
Awwwww, don't worry...it's not a denial. They are giving him a chance to provide the further information they need in order to approve him.

I'm not sure why your mom's I-134 wasn't good enough. It shouldn't matter how many dependents she has, as long as she earns the right amount. What all did she provide along with the I-134 as her proof of income? Did she include tax returns? Worst case scenario, you get a new joint sponsor.

As for the prepaid health insurance, that's easy enough to get, I think. Others have recently been asked for that as well. Do a search on here, see if you can find those posts and see who they got prepaid health insurance through.

Don't worry, all is not lost...just delayed a bit.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:25 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Awwwww, don't worry...it's not a denial. They are giving him a chance to provide the further information they need in order to approve him.

I'm not sure why your mom's I-134 wasn't good enough. It shouldn't matter how many dependents she has, as long as she earns the right amount. What all did she provide along with the I-134 as her proof of income? Did she include tax returns? Worst case scenario, you get a new joint sponsor.

As for the prepaid health insurance, that's easy enough to get, I think. Others have recently been asked for that as well. Do a search on here, see if you can find those posts and see who they got prepaid health insurance through.

Don't worry, all is not lost...just delayed a bit.

Rene

she has +30k in earned income, she provided a letter of employment with a law firm shes been with for 20 yrs, a years worth of bank statements, 3 yrs tax transcripts

and we have a house valued over 250 k
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:28 am
Questy Questionson

I cant find anything about health insurance on here, they didnt even take his passport. it says on the paper that she has insuffciant income with the dependents
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to know where, in the instructions, it says you have to a year's worth of health insurance. Did they just decide to pull this out of their a$$. And what if the foreign spouse has a pre-existing condition? They won't be able to get a health ins. plan.

How can they say 'here are the instructions for the I-134 and income requirements' and then just completely ignore them? Why even bother to have income req'ts in the first place, then? Has any other consulate started requiring this? Sorry, I should be encouraging like Noorah, just voicing a bit of disbelief that this kind of crap is happening.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

she has +30k in earned income, she provided a letter of employment with a law firm shes been with for 20 yrs, a years worth of bank statements, 3 yrs tax transcripts

Is the house in your name? I can see them not accepting that, since it's becoming standard practice in this economy for them to not accept someone's primary residence as an asset.

$30K a year, and how many in the household? How many dependents?

Not that it matters anyway....my belief is once the embassy says no to one joint sponsor, they want to see a different joint sponsor the next time....not the same one. You can TRY to use mom again, this time include a few of her current paystubs....but my guess is it's better to go with a whole new joint sponsor.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:30 am

I cant find anything about health insurance on here, they didnt even take his passport. it says on the paper that she has insuffciant income with the dependents
They didn't take his passport because they aren't ready to issue a visa yet. When he returns the required information, they will let him know after that point to send in his passport to get the visa put in it.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

And that salary was said not to be enough to co-sponsor? I don't recall but are you working? Living at home with your mother and siblings? If not, what is the reason why you don't qualify for sponsorship?

I'm not surprised he was asked for the one year's prepaid medical insurance. It has happened to others on here during the last six months.

Can you take another job to raise your income level? Does your fiancee have any assets that he can use to sponsor himself? What about another family member of yours? Anyone willing to risk themselves for your happiness?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:32 am

According to the I-864P, $30K is enough for a household of 4.

How many are in your mom's household at the moment? Her, 2 kids, and the new immigrant = 4. If there is anyone else (you? your dad?) then she doesn't earn enough.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:34 am
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by Noorah101
According to the I-864P, $30K is enough for a household of 4.

How many are in your mom's household at the moment? Her, 2 kids, and the new immigrant = 4. If there is anyone else (you? your dad?) then she doesn't earn enough.

Rene

I live in a seperate place, i rent a 2 bedroom apartment. My mother makes 36k with just my sister and neice as her dependents.
NO ONE ELSE
I cant find anything about prepaid insurance
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:35 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one such post re insurance: In her case they wanted three months prepaid

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...Health+prepaid
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:36 am
Questy Questionson

and i can not work at the moment and even if i did, i have 3 kids, plus me and the fiance, i cant make 27k a year if I wanted to.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:40 am

and i can not work at the moment and even if i did, i have 3 kids, plus me and the fiance, i cant make 27k a year if I wanted to.
Your mom, with a household of 4, at $36K should have been acceptable. However, if the officer was looking at the BIGGER picture, she was looking at the fact that YOU don't have any income at all, plus 3 kids to be responsible for. Perhaps the officer was picturing in her mind that it will take a while for the immigrant to find work, and in the meantime, you guys might turn to mom for help....and she doesn't earn enough....see where I'm going with this?

I'm not saying that's what will happen, but I can bet that's what the officer was thinking. That's why she wants a sponsor with more income, AND make sure the immigrant has health insurance already.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:42 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm not surprised he was asked for the one year's prepaid medical insurance. It has happened to others on here during the last six months.
I've missed out on this.... if the US spouse has a job that will extend benefits to their (new) spouse, does that count?

What is the minimum coverage level?!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

edit, I misread this. apologies.

Last edited by meauxna; Mar 24th 2009 at 6:53 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.