K1 Approved

Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice
Smile K1 Approved

I got my K1 approved today, many many thanks to everyone who helped me out

Here is a run down of what happend for anyone interested.

1. My appoinment was for 10am I got there 30 minutes before interview time. Was only 4 people in line outside.

2. Showed my appointment letter and passport to the security.

3. Got through security and took a right to the main entrance.

4. Again showed my letter, passport, and my DS-156 forms (with the barcode) I was then issued with a sticker, which contains my number to be called. Mine was I-873.

5. 9:45am, sat down and waited for my number to be called on screen. Which was at 11:30am (about 1 hour 45 mins wait)

6. Got called to go to window number 14, the man asked for the following... Passport + copy, Birth cert + copy, Police cert + copy, two photos (UK or US size) I-134, and last 3 years of Tax returns.

7. He then asked me to go to window 12 and pay the appropriate fees (£80 exactly) and then bring the receipt back to him.

8. I came back, and gave him the receipt, and he then took my finger prints. He then gave me my xray. After I was done, he asked me to take a seat and wait for the immigration officer to interview you.

9. Sat back down at 11:45am, got called to go to window 16 at 1:10pm (about 1 hour, 25 mins) The immigration officer asked me, got me to raise my right hand and swear everything I said would be the truth.

10. He asked me how I met my Fiancee, where I meet her, when I met, and are we planning on staying in TX.

11. He then said, everything is ok here, no probs at all... please take the pink form and pay for your visa, and it will be returned to you with your passport... he then said, enjoy your stay in the United States (that was it lol)

All in all, the actual interview lasted about 2 mins.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Approved

Congratulations!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

ustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really nice

Congratulations!!!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:47 pm
EJ3
Forum Regular

EJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, enjoy your new life in the USA!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Craig!
I hope it was a welcome anticlimax.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice

Thanks everyone, it was well worth the 8 month wait lol.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Congratulations!!

So when are you moving to TX? I've flights booked for the 28th August

J
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:04 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!!
Old Jul 25th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
Congratulations!!

So when are you moving to TX? I've flights booked for the 28th August

J
Hopefully 4th August, just waiting on my Visa & Passport to be sent back to me
Old Jul 26th 2009, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Visa & passport delivered back to me?

Everytime I go on the DX website and put in my invoice/tracking number and my post code, it says: Sorry, this combination of tracking number and postcode do not correspond with our records.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craig73
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Visa & passport delivered back to me?

Everytime I go on the DX website and put in my invoice/tracking number and my post code, it says: Sorry, this combination of tracking number and postcode do not correspond with our records.
Supposedly within 5 working days, although it could be more or less.

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Rene.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

I was told within 5 days too...interview Thurs morning, had passport back Tues morning, though I was able to track online and they texted me to tell me the delivery date as well.

I'd give them a phone
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah if its not here by Tuesday I'll call them, don't know why I cant track it online.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Well I called DX today, they said they haven't even picked it up yet from the Embassy yet