K visas are not being issued at posts

Old Aug 18th 2002, 3:22 am
Bob Autrey

Default Re: K visas are not being issued at posts

in article [email protected], Mrpher at
[email protected] wrote on 8/18/02 10:08 AM:

> "Girard Bourque" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]. net>...
    >> I was told once every 30 days until the case is closed (visa in hand). To me this
    >> is a waste of time and resources. If you want to do the check to help weed-out
    >> the applications then do it at the start and have the consulate do it right before
    >> the interview. This would cut down on their work load and speed up the process so
    >> they would gain ground in more then one way.
    >> Jerry
    > We personally witnessed the "IBIS" check being done. We filed for our AOS last
    > week and the officer said to give him a minute and he will be right back. It
    > wasnt even a minute later and he came back with the "IBIS" check completed and
    > printed out. I seen the paper and read it. So this security check only takes a
    > few seconds to do.

Of course it only takes a few seconds! The give us these excuses because they think
we are morons.

I'm reminded of the old tech support joke where the tech finally, completely
frustrated, tells the caller that he/she needs to search for, and delete, the 'ID"...
'Ten'.... 'T'... [ IDIOT ] from their system.

Old Aug 18th 2002, 3:34 am
Jack

If you call DOS they say "world wide". Then you tell them that is not true they act
supprised. But it is true in China and Russia. You interview and go home and wait.
As of Aug 1st. no one has recived a K visa. We don't know if it is another
background check. They only tell you that they have to wait for DC approvial. That
is all the information you recive. If you have an interview comming up I would call
DOS and ask them.

"Joe \(JBH\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] om>...
    > I know Warsaw does a name check before they schedule the interview. I wonder if it
    > is the same. It would also be hard for them not to issue the Visas there since
    > many of the fiance(e)s come from a different country and would need thier passports
    > back to travel home.
    > "Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] m...
    > > The Department of State has sent a memo out to stop issuing visas worldwide. (So
    > > they say) This only seems to be the case in Russia, China and Egypt. I am afraid
    > > it will soon be all the posts. The post tells you after your interview to go home
    > > and wait until we here from
    > > D.C. They have no time frame. If you call DOS, they are surprised that you know
    > > what other posts are issuing and what ones are not. There is no information
    > > on any government web sit about this. This started July 25th, for Russia and
    > > August 1st. for China. No one will give you any answers. Congress will send
    > > in a request but then tell you not to expect anything for over one month!!
    > > Just a note: they are still issuing visas for other types of visas. The
    > > family based visa is not being issued!!!

Old Aug 18th 2002, 4:12 am
Paul

Default from the attn'y posting about a week ago

They do not do the simple IBIS checks at the consulate:

wrong, I was worried that they could not do a proper IBIS check, and I was worried
that the Consulate might ship the case back to the INS for a proper IBIS check.

I currently have an I-130 case that falls into that situation. I received the I-130
receipt notice a few days ago and they misspelled the international wife's first name
by one letter (put in an "a" when it should have been an "o"). Instead of doing what
I normally do in that situation, I though I'd go to the CSC today first to see that
they had to say. After explaining this problem to Lisa and the INS officer, they both
said the same thing that I don't have to do anything about it and it should be just
fine. Apparently the IBIS system uses something called "Sound-Dex" software which
will run an IBIS check on the way the name is entered into the computer, but will
also run an IBIS check on all common misspellings or other variations of the way the
name could commonly appear. So my beneficiary named Tonya won't have to worry that
they spelled her name Tanya, at least as far as the IBIS system check goes (IBIS also
uses Date Of Birth somehow when running the security check). The INS officer said
they usually catch this sort of error and correct it for the approval notice. I asked
Lisa if she knows whether or not the Consulates are set up to run IBIS checks, and
she said no, they are not set up for IBIS, but that they instead run the "CLASS"
system at the Consulates which is actually a better, more thorough check than the
IBIS system, so they should not have to send such a case back to INS for an IBIS
check. Of course, when my particular case is approved, you can bet that I'll be
notifying the Consulate about the misspelling on INS'S part just so there won't be
any problems.

Oh, about IBIS, this officer said that due to a procedure triggered by IBIS, one of
the tasks that used to only take a few seconds before IBIS was now taking around 15
minutes per case with IBIS. It is really slowing things down.
__________________________________________________ _____

MDUall 08-07-2002 23:47

Old Aug 18th 2002, 5:29 am
Joe \

Well for right now, my fianc?e's interview will be out of Warsaw and they have been
issuing Visas (at least K-1). I know someone who just received theirs last week Plus
I wrote the consulate and they are still issuing them. But you never know what will
happen from day to day.

"Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > If you call DOS they say "world wide". Then you tell them that is not true they act
    > supprised. But it is true in China and Russia. You interview and go home and wait.
    > As of Aug 1st. no one has recived a K visa. We don't know if it is another
    > background check. They only tell you that they have to wait for DC approvial. That
    > is all the information you recive. If you have an interview comming up I would call
    > DOS and ask them.
    > "Joe \(JBH\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > I know Warsaw does a name check before they schedule the interview. I wonder if
    > > it is the same. It would also be hard for them not to issue
the
    > > Visas there since many of the fiance(e)s come from a different country
and
    > > would need thier passports back to travel home.
    > >
    > > "Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] m...
    > > > The Department of State has sent a memo out to stop issuing visas worldwide.
    > > > (So they say) This only seems to be the case in Russia, China and Egypt. I am
    > > > afraid it will soon be all the posts. The post tells you after your interview
    > > > to go home and wait until we here from
    > > > D.C. They have no time frame. If you call DOS, they are surprised that you know
    > > > what other posts are issuing and what ones are not. There is no
    > > > information on any government web sit about this. This started July 25th,
    > > > for Russia and August 1st. for China. No one will give you any answers.
    > > > Congress will send in a request but then tell you not to expect anything
    > > > for over one month!! Just a note: they are still issuing visas for other
    > > > types of visas. The family based visa is not being issued!!!

Old Aug 18th 2002, 5:38 am
Joe \

Good ole spell check. It put a ? for "fiancee's" . "Joe (JBH)"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
m
    > Well for right now, my fianc?e's interview will be out of Warsaw and they have been
    > issuing Visas (at least K-1). I know someone who just received theirs last week
    > Plus I wrote the consulate and they are still issuing
them.
    > But you never know what will happen from day to day.
    > "Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > If you call DOS they say "world wide". Then you tell them that is not true they
    > > act supprised. But it is true in China and Russia. You interview and go home and
    > > wait. As of Aug 1st. no one has recived a K visa. We don't know if it is another
    > > background check. They only tell you that they have to wait for DC approvial.
    > > That is all the information you recive. If you have an interview comming up I
    > > would call DOS and ask them.
    > >
    > > "Joe \(JBH\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected] om>...
    > > > I know Warsaw does a name check before they schedule the interview. I wonder
    > > > if it is the same. It would also be hard for them not to issue
    > the
    > > > Visas there since many of the fiance(e)s come from a different country
    > and
    > > > would need thier passports back to travel home.
    > > >
    > > > "Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message [url="news:6d865dc.0208171017.3bcfb28-[/q3]
[q3]> > > [email protected]"]news:[email protected] m[/url-

> > > ]...
    > > > > The Department of State has sent a memo out to stop issuing visas worldwide.
    > > > > (So they say) This only seems to be the case in Russia, China and Egypt. I am
    > > > > afraid it will soon be all the posts. The post tells you after your interview
    > > > > to go home and wait until we here
from
    > > > > D.C. They have no time frame. If you call DOS, they are surprised
that
    > > > > you know what other posts are issuing and what ones are not. There
is
    > > > > no information on any government web sit about this. This started
July
    > > > > 25th, for Russia and August 1st. for China. No one will give you any answers.
    > > > > Congress will send in a request but then tell you not to expect anything for
    > > > > over one month!! Just a note: they are still issuing visas for other types of
    > > > > visas. The family based visa is not being issued!!!

Old Aug 18th 2002, 5:56 am
Wisconsin Rpcv

Default So how's this for bad luck: NSC and then Moscow

I'm beginning to think that I should just say screw it and move to live with my
fiancee. Not only is our 129f in the pile of petitions awaiting approval at the NSC
(we're on day 115 as of today), but then she'll have to go through Moscow for the
interview. Just can't catch a break...perhaps by the time NSC actually gets moving,
the Moscow problem will have been cleared up--which is not a reflection on the
consulate, but rather the slowness of the NSC....

ftheone <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Jack, It is so true that no K-type (and others) visas have been issued to the
    > successful interviewee's since July 19, from the Moscow Consulate. And no
    > Congressman or anybody else can seem to find out why. Does the IBIS check take 4
    > weeks or longer now? Or does it have something to do with a "Visa Eagle Mantis"?
    > Or is it something else? The rumors are flying, but the truth is nobody is saying
    > for sure. The Senators are even getting a form letter back from their inquiry. And
    > nobody can find out a time frame when the Consulate will get back on track.
    > According to the number of cases they had listed on their web site they have
    > interviewed many hundreds of people since July 22, 150-200 per week. Most of them
    > were surely successful, and as far as I can determine, not one has been issued a
    > visa since then. Has anybody on this newsgroup heard of anybody that has gotten a
    > visa from the Moscow Consulate since July 22?
    > Thanks, Fred

Old Aug 18th 2002, 9:13 am
Terry

[email protected] (Jack) wrote in message
    > No, they are not issuing visas in China and Russia. Yes they did say that you are
    > aproved but go home and wait untill we hear from DC. The DOS has allready notifed
    > United Airlines about it!!! So you can say they are issuing visas but NO ONE HAS
    > RECIVED ONE!!!
    > "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected] t.net>...
    > > Didn't they do this check at MSC? How many times are they gonna look for negative
    > > response? Dig until they find something? (so they can say they found something on
    > > someone.......that it is working)
    > >
    > >
    > > "Evan Audette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > l.com
    > > : Are you certain that this wasn't the IBIS check that was
    > happening? D.C had
    > > : sent out an order originally when IBIS was first put in place
    > that no LIFE
    > > : based visas were to be issued (put "on hold") until the
    > applicant passed a
    > > : security check (hence IBIS) or until further orders from D.C. I
    > don't recall
    > > : any recent mention of visas not being issued, in fact, I
    > believe not too
    > > : long ago there was either someone from China or Russia that got
    > issued thier
    > > : visas. I wouldn't fret until someone actually has an issue with
    > this. I'm
    > > : not certain, but I believe it was indeed, reference to IBIS.
    > Perhaps someone
    > > : else in the group has insight, Matt might, I remember browsing
    > his website
    > > : and under the MSC processing times, before the most recent
    > Augest update, I
    > > : read something about LIFE cases and IBIS.
    > > :
    > > : -Ev
    > > :
    > > :

Sounds so bad! Where is the news coming from?

Terry

Old Aug 18th 2002, 11:13 am
Targaff

"Joe \(JBH\)" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]
.com:

> Good ole spell check. It put a ? for "fiancee's"

Probably more dependent on your news program or however you're viewing it - you'll
find if you type in an e acute in a HTML document instead of the correct code -
&eacute; - then it'll display a ? instead.

--

Targaff

Old Aug 18th 2002, 9:23 pm
Frank H

Just talked to the GuangZhou IV section chief. There is a hold since AUG 1 on all
immigrant visas in China, Russia, Cuba, N Korea, Egypt. More countries to follow.
The consulates do not know what the plan of action is by the State Dept, they have
not told the consulates anything. Their message was stop issuing visas and wait for
further instruction. According to him State was supposed to clarify and post the
item on their website 2 weeks ago. I know one USC working at the consulate
personally, he says this is the real story. The consulates really don't know what
the hell is going to happen. I even learned that they are preparing to lease
warehouse space for their documents - their are running out of space in the
consulate. Colin Powell can eat all of my PiGu.

Old Aug 18th 2002, 11:02 pm
Paul

Everyone can email them or call them and ask them, since they won't announce it.

[email protected]

Public Inquiries Visa Services U.S. Department of State Washington, DC 20522-0106
Tel: 202-663-1225

I think I'll do both everyday.

I've sent the email. I'll call later today when they are open.

Someone posted a website before for this department but I couldn't find it anymore.
It might have had a different email and phone number to use on it. (I'll look for
this again tonight)

Old Aug 19th 2002, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Paul:
Everyone can email them or call them and ask them, since they won't announce it.

[email protected]

Public Inquiries Visa Services U.S. Department of State Washington, DC 20522-0106
Tel: 202-663-1225

I think I'll do both everyday.

I've sent the email. I'll call later today when they are open.

Someone posted a website before for this department but I couldn't find it anymore.
It might have had a different email and phone number to use on it. (I'll look for
this again tonight)

It is buried in the DOS website here~~~
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa_services.html
Old Aug 19th 2002, 6:05 am
Marjeta

Does that mean they're just gonna stop issuing K visas on a permanent basis, or
what??? Or is it just something temporary? What kind of shit is that now you're
scaring the hell outta me!

Old Aug 19th 2002, 12:16 pm
P. Javellana

Gosh! I hope the Philippines are not included in this.........

"frank h" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
om
    > Just talked to the GuangZhou IV section chief. There is a hold since AUG 1 on all
    > immigrant visas in China, Russia, Cuba, N Korea, Egypt. More countries to follow.
    > The consulates do not know what the plan of action is by the State Dept, they have
    > not told the consulates anything. Their message was stop issuing visas and wait
    > for further instruction. According to him State was supposed to clarify and post
    > the item on their website 2 weeks ago. I know one USC working at the consulate
    > personally, he says this is the real story. The consulates really don't know what
    > the hell is going to happen. I even learned that they are preparing to lease
    > warehouse space for their documents - their are running out of space in the
    > consulate. Colin Powell can eat all of my PiGu.

Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:43 pm
Amelia Chang

Hi Frank,

I still cannot believe it. Does the Guangzhou Consulate really stop issuing ALL
IMMIGRATION visas?(not only for K3,K1 visas) Thanks,

Amelia

[email protected] (frank h) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Just talked to the GuangZhou IV section chief. There is a hold since AUG 1 on all
    > immigrant visas in China, Russia, Cuba, N Korea, Egypt. More countries to follow.
    > The consulates do not know what the plan of action is by the State Dept, they have
    > not told the consulates anything. Their message was stop issuing visas and wait
    > for further instruction. According to him State was supposed to clarify and post
    > the item on their website 2 weeks ago. I know one USC working at the consulate
    > personally, he says this is the real story. The consulates really don't know what
    > the hell is going to happen. I even learned that they are preparing to lease
    > warehouse space for their documents - their are running out of space in the
    > consulate. Colin Powell can eat all of my PiGu.

Old Aug 19th 2002, 3:11 pm
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

Amelia, I read about 5 different groups each day because I have a financee in China. That includes the Chinese language 001 web site. I have yet to find a first-hand report of a visa issued from GZ whether it is K-1, K-3 or CR-1 since 8/1/2002. I don't know about student, work or tourist visas. That's not where my interest lies.

Interviews are still taking place daily. Folks are being handed a slip of paper that says "fill out your address on an envelope and we will notify you when you can pick it up". That is paraphrased a bit, but I have read no report of anyone actually getting the envelope to come and pick it their visa. GZ has no estimate of how long it will be. They are waiting for instructions from the US.

Another post on this site has what seems to be a credible report from GZ that they are looking for a warehouse to store the backlog. For now, it is a waiting game and no one seems to know when anything will break. As soon as I hear anything credible, I will post it here. Good luck.

-Don H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.