K-3 What to send?

Old Mar 9th 2004, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-3 What to send?

I have sent in my I-130 on Monday. I included:

1. copy of the certified marriage certificate (did the copy itself have to be certified?)
2. copy of certified divorce
3. copy of my birth certificate
4. copy of my husband's I-94, K-1 visa and approval of I-129F fiancee application (we married in US)
5. One Adit picture of my husband and another of myself
6. Signed completed G-325A for myself and husband
7. the I-130 completed and signed

Did I miss anything? I'm afraid of RFE's. I need reassurance if I missed anything.

For the I-129F what do I need to send? Do I send any wedding pictures? Any tips or advice?

Thanks!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 1:57 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default Re: K-3 What to send?

Why are you applying for a K3 when you are already here on a K1?
Originally posted by d_medina
I have sent in my I-130 on Monday. I included:

1. copy of the certified marriage certificate (did the copy itself have to be certified?)
2. copy of certified divorce
3. copy of my birth certificate
4. copy of my husband's I-94, K-1 visa and approval of I-129F fiancee application (we married in US)
5. One Adit picture of my husband and another of myself
6. Signed completed G-325A for myself and husband
7. the I-130 completed and signed

Did I miss anything? I'm afraid of RFE's. I need reassurance if I missed anything.

For the I-129F what do I need to send? Do I send any wedding pictures? Any tips or advice?

Thanks!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Why are you applying for a K3 when you are already here on a K1?
He went back to his country after we got married. There wasnt enough time to submit the AOS and Advance Parole before his departure.

Now I'm pregnant and we are hoping the K-3 process moves along as quickly as it can. This is why I am asking for tips. I want to avoid an RFE as much as I can and I don't find as much information on the K-3 process as I find for a K-1.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 4:40 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by d_medina
He went back to his country after we got married. There wasnt enough time to submit the AOS and Advance Parole before his departure.

Now I'm pregnant and we are hoping the K-3 process moves along as quickly as it can. This is why I am asking for tips. I want to avoid an RFE as much as I can and I don't find as much information on the K-3 process as I find for a K-1.
For the I-129f, you send:

-Copy of the marriage certificate
-Copy of any divorce decrees (for both or either of you if this applies)
-Copy of the NOA1 for the I-130
-ADIT photos of both of you
-Completed I-129f form
-Copy of your birth certificate or passport/naturalization document to prove US citizenship
-Check with appropriate fee ($110 unless there has been a recent change)
-G-325a ---> There is one form for you and one for your husband. This is a frequent RFE trigger so make sure you don't mess up here. Your husband has to sign his own form. You can't sign it for him! Quite a few people have made this mistake. Make sure you sign all four pages. It would be better if you used the online fillable form instead of the one with the carbon copies. In either case, make sure you sign all four pages in ink, even if you use the carbon copy version. Use a blue pen so that it will be obvious that the signature is fresh and not a copy. Also, the instructions say you don't have to repeat information that has already been provided elsewhere. But fill out everything anyway.

Lastly, try not to use N/A as an answer. I haven't seen many people get an RFE for this but be cautious anyway. You have to write your names in pencil on the back of your photographs. I put the photos in a small envelope and labelled it. I also included a checklist with my submission and paperclipped everything together. Save your other pictures and proofs of relationship for the interview. They're not needed at the I-129f stage. Also make sure you send everything to the Chicago address. If you made any mistakes with the I-130 submission, there's not much you can do about it until you get an RFE. I think that's all, but someone correct me if I've omitted something.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
For the I-129f, you send:

-Copy of the marriage certificate
-Copy of any divorce decrees (for both or either of you if this applies)
-Copy of the NOA1 for the I-130
-ADIT photos of both of you
-Completed I-129f form
-Copy of your birth certificate or passport/naturalization document to prove US citizenship
-Check with appropriate fee ($110 unless there has been a recent change)
-G-325a ---> There is one form for you and one for your husband. This is a frequent RFE trigger so make sure you don't mess up here. Your husband has to sign his own form. You can't sign it for him! Quite a few people have made this mistake. Make sure you sign all four pages. It would be better if you used the online fillable form instead of the one with the carbon copies. In either case, make sure you sign all four pages in ink, even if you use the carbon copy version. Use a blue pen so that it will be obvious that the signature is fresh and not a copy. Also, the instructions say you don't have to repeat information that has already been provided elsewhere. But fill out everything anyway.

Lastly, try not to use N/A as an answer. I haven't seen many people get an RFE for this but be cautious anyway. You have to write your names in pencil on the back of your photographs. I put the photos in a small envelope and labelled it. I also included a checklist with my submission and paperclipped everything together. Save your other pictures and proofs of relationship for the interview. They're not needed at the I-129f stage. Also make sure you send everything to the Chicago address. If you made any mistakes with the I-130 submission, there's not much you can do about it until you get an RFE. I think that's all, but someone correct me if I've omitted something.
Hebapotamus thank you very much!

I was looking over my copies for the I-130 I submitted and noticed that under wife (for my husband's G-325A) I put my married name instead of my maiden name. So I'm expecting an RFE on that, but that should not affect the K3 process as long as I fix the mistake when I send the I-129F.