Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-3 Visa -- Please help

K-3 Visa -- Please help

Old Jan 9th 2002, 5:44 pm

Hi Can someone help me out here?

I am a citizen. My husband is an Indian citizen. We were married in India. It is my
understanding there is a K-3 Visa that could be used to bring him here? I currently
reside in the US in Philadelphia. My husband is back in India.

Which forms do I need to complete? Which supporting documents will I need? What is
the time frame we are looking at? I have done nothing yet. It is my understnading I
have to complete the I-129F and the I-130. Which do I complete first? Where do I send
it etc etc? Is there a FAQ somewhere on the web that explains this whole K-3 process
in DETAIL??

Let me [email protected]

Old Jan 9th 2002, 6:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

First you have to complete the I-130 for your husband and file it with the Service Center covering your living jurisdiction. Once you have the first Notice of Action for the I-130, you can then file the I-129F.

Go to: http://k1.exit.com/k-3frames.html

Accept the disclaimer and read about the K-3

Rete
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Tamara Velez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
First you have to complete the I-130 for your husband and file it with the Service Center covering your living jurisdiction. Once you have the first Notice of Action for the I-130, you can then file the I-129F.

Go to: http://k1.exit.com/k-3frames.html

Accept the disclaimer and read about the K-3

Rete
Hi, I am Tamara Velez. I am a Spanish American and my husband is Indian, we were married in India. We know each other for three years and I am going on my second year of marriage. He has never been in USA but I have been in India. I will advise you to do all process of the I 130 with a lawyer due that I did it on my own and I ended wasting my time and my money eventhough I did everything right and as according to the INS request paper work and evidences. The USA Embassy in India discriminated my husband and told him that he wanted to come to USA and not for me. They refused to see all evidences such as letters, pictures of my staying in India, they did not review our records, telephone bills, and so on and that was in Mumbai. I heard that in New Dheli USA Embassy is worst, they will give you an emphatic no. The officers in the American Embassy in India are White American and they are there to say no as many immigrants they can due to what happened in NYC in September 11. I am a New Yorker. I have to start my process all over again and this time and I have to do it with a lawyer. Those people don't care about your suffering, they only care about the USA safety even though they made poor judgement in their evaluation. I do Clinical Social Work and to be honest with you, I evaluate cases everyday and I always go according to evidence and called to confirm. These people in USA Embassy in India have their own agenda, no one is supervising them, and they don't confirm by calling any where about your husband's background. They never confirm if my husband work in his Company as a Broker, they never called the marriage office where we got married, ect. They will write anything to the INS and INS will believe them. I will strongly advise you to do everything with a lawyer eventhough it becomes a little expensive. You can write to me in regarding to this situation so I can help you and prepare you and your husband what kind of questions those officers ask cause they break the first ammendment of USA, freedom of will, repect of race, age, sex, religion and so on, believe me they are the first one to discriminate. Good Luck and take good care of yourself, this is my email address [email protected]. I love USA but they need to do their homework such as comfirming evidences and following up, unfortunately they don't do it because they are lazy and this is one of many reasons there is terrorism and make innocent people to suffer the consequences.