Wikiposts

K-3 or CR-1?

Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-3 or CR-1?

Originally Posted by CloudChaser
Is this process automatic or does the officer and the border have to take note of the fact it is 2 years since you wedding. Where is that information available to them?

I hope to have the visa before our 2nd wedding anniversary but plan to wait until after this before going to the US.
I'd be even more assertive than Rene suggests. If you plan to do this (get a visa class CR-1 and change the status of it at the border) you should be polite and approach the officer as if you're asking for help doing this, not demanding.
This change at the border business HAS backfired on some people, but it is important that you're admitted in the correct class.

Your visa will indicate you're married less than 2 years. You need to have your marriage certificate available and point out the anniversary to them before they start processing your packet.