Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 visa for Russian fiance or other Options?

K-1 visa for Russian fiance or other Options?

Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:34 pm
Eugene

Default K-1 visa for Russian fiance or other Options?

Hello everybody,

I am starting K1 process for my fiance from Russia. Our case is very
simple. No previous marriages, no kids, no debts. Does anybody have
information on how long it will take when I go through the Nebraska
processing center.

Does anybody know of any ways to bring my girl to the US faster? May
be, marriage in Russia, visitor visa to the US, or something like that.

Thank you all very much for any help. I will do anything to get my
love here.

Eugene.

Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:24 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 visa for Russian fiance or other Options?

Originally Posted by Eugene
Hello everybody,

I am starting K1 process for my fiance from Russia. Our case is very simple. No previous marriages, no kids, no debts. Does anybody have information on how long it will take when I go through the Nebraska processing center.

Does anybody know of any ways to bring my girl to the US faster? Maybe, marriage in Russia, visitor visa to the US, or something like that.

Thank you all very much for any help. I will do anything to get my love here.

Eugene.
Based on your description, you've got two options available to you: The K1 fiancee visa and the K3 spousal visa.

I think the K1 is the way to go, especially since your case is uncomplicated. As of August 18, Nebraska is currently processing I-129F petitions (for fiancees) with a May 2004 receipt date. Now, that processing time was from a month ago, so the receipt dates being processed now should even been more recent than May.

On the flip side, Nebraska is currently processing I-130 Petitions (for spouses) with a Sept 2003 receipt date. Again, this was posted back on August 18, so that may mean they may be on Oct 2003 receipt dates now. But it looks like the spousal petitions are about a year behind the fiancee petitions.

So again, I think you should go for the K1 visa.

The visitor visa is not an option for what your intentions are -- that is, to marry your fiancee and have her live with you in the US. The visitor visa is for (duh) visiting only, not immigration. Also, from what I have read, it is exceptionally difficult for single Russian women to get approved for visitor visas anyway.

~ Jenney