Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 visa - Have I done it right?

K-1 visa - Have I done it right?

Old Nov 1st 2003, 6:05 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default K-1 visa - Have I done it right?

Hi,
My fiance and I are going through the K-1 process (bear with me I'm new to this board and all this malarky!) We've filled in the I- 129F and the G-325A and I have just written to the US Embassy in London asking for these specific forms:
IV15
IV15A
OF-156
OF-156K
OF-230 part 1
OF-167
I-134
I'm also on the case of sending off for the long version of my birth certificate, getting my 3/4 face photographs done and requesting the police form COM30.
My fiance stateside is waiting for a copy of his divorce certificate (he was married before) so he can send the I-129F and G-325A off to our service centre. After that he's going to download the
I-134 (affadavit of support) He's also going to get his photos done.
Don't suppose any of you can tell me if we're missing anything or if it looks like we're on the right track could you?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah
Old Nov 1st 2003, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

golfnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-1 visa - Have I done it right?

Originally posted by SarahUK
My fiance stateside is waiting for a copy of his divorce certificate
I don't know if you mean divorce decree, but that is what is needed. I'm not sure what you mean by "certificate".
Old Nov 1st 2003, 8:07 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

You might want to apply for a copy of your UK police report.
You can obtain an application for it from your local police station. You fill it in with yur geographical history and mail it to the address supplied along with £10. It takes approx. 40 days for Scotland Yard to send it to you.
You will need this for your consulate interview.

Also, any forms you require can be downloaded from the American consulate (London) website.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web.../visaforms.htm

Good luck with your application.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 8:14 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SarahUK
Hi,
Don't suppose any of you can tell me if we're missing anything or if it looks like we're on the right track could you?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah
Having just sent in our application a couple of weeks ago, I can say that the following two links were especially helpful.

http://k1fun.envy.nu/i129f.html

This site describes EXACTLY how one couple prepared all the papers and documents, including examples of how they filled out all the forms. (Their application flew through the approval process in less than a month!!!)

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...al/index.htm#H

These are the Immigration Service's recommendations for assembling the packet of information.